• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is Santa real

Is Santa real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Do people seriously take Santa this, well, seriously...?

I mean for real, a fat red-nosed man that's imaginary and steals all credit from parents that actually pay for presents, and people are treating him like he's God...

The kids all find out. It doesn't matter if they find out at 7, 8, 9, or 80. No matter what, when the news hits them they'll be sad anyway. Maybe even not, depending on what kind of child they are, and how hard they can take the truth.

I found out about Santa at 5, my Dad just told me straight up. Same went for a lot of other children at my school, and nobody really cared either.

Either way, I don't see a lot of 6-9 year olds strolling through the forums. After you're 10, you should already know that Santa doesn't exist, but even if you finally do, you should be old/mature enough to take the news and not care about it too strongly.

Bah-Humbug. Incoming hate posts from those Christmas Spirited people or whatever.

P.S. I don't hate Christmas, I just dislike the idea of defending the idea of Santa around kids, the general point is that they all find out sooner or later.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I mean for real, a fat red-nosed man that's imaginary and steals all credit from parents that actually pay for presents, and people are treating him like he's God...

The kids all find out. It doesn't matter if they find out at 7, 8, 9, or 80. No matter what, when the news hits them they'll be sad anyway. Maybe even not, depending on what kind of child they are, and how hard they can take the truth.

I found out about Santa at 5, my Dad just told me straight up. Same went for a lot of other children at my school, and nobody really cared either.

Either way, I don't see a lot of 6-9 year olds strolling through the forums. After you're 10, you should already know that Santa doesn't exist, but even if you finally do, you should be old/mature enough to take the news and not care about it too strongly.

Bah-Humbug. Incoming hate posts from those Christmas Spirited people or whatever.
But Pedo Clause. He lives in my signature. He's very unhappy right now.

Blockerville

Career
Reaction score

The difference between learning at 7, 8, 9, or 80 is the amount of time you have to enjoy Christmas like that. There's a certain magic to believing Santa really comes to your house to give you presents. There's joy in seeing your presents under the tree that cannot be matched by knowing he isn't real. Yes everyone will learn at some point. But we shouldn't be actively trying to destroy the imaginations of children by going out of our way to tell them.

And no, I'm not hating. You brought up a valid point.

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score

Another crap person. Dude, it is not your job to break these kids childhood! Seriously, every family is different and the way they deal with their kids and santa is up to them, not you. Why do you feel the need to hurt these kids. As i said before, alot of people on the forums are 12 and below, they dont know if he is real or not (but of course he is) and you are not the one to tell them otherwise.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Santa exists for those who believe.

Just let the little guy come to his own conclusions on the existence of santa.
I never once tried to tell my little brothers such things, and they're having a blast right now.
The littlest one is all happy that an elf is magically moving to a different part of the house everyday. (Little elf doll thing, my mom started it and they love it)

EDIT: Looks like Punchy_01 and I have matching Moonwalking Reds.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
The difference between learning at 7, 8, 9, or 80 is the amount of time you have to enjoy Christmas like that. There's a certain magic to believing Santa really comes to your house to give you presents. There's joy in seeing your presents under the tree that cannot be matched by knowing he isn't real. Yes everyone will learn at some point. But we shouldn't be actively trying to destroy the imaginations of children by going out of our way to tell them.
The idea of Christmas is to be thankful for gifts you get, whether a kid finds about Santa early or not, the whole joy of finding out what presents you have on Christmas morning will never go away.

Christmas is a holiday that can be enjoyed by everybody, with disbelief of Santa or not. But, I can partially agree with you, and I respect your opinion.
Another crap person. Dude, it is not your job to break these kids childhood! Seriously, every family is different and the way they deal with their kids and santa is up to them, not you. Why do you feel the need to hurt these kids. As i said before, alot of people on the forums are 12 and below, they dont know if he is real or not (but of course he is) and you are not the one to tell them otherwise.
Calm down for a second and hear me out.

"It's not your job to break these kids childhood."

If a kid has access to a computer, it's guaranteed that they'll find the truth about Santa sooner or later, which I actually belief is a parental fault. Trust me, my post will affect nothing in terms of belief if a kid's already gone to YouTube or various other websites.

"It's not my job to break these kids childhood."

It isn't. Like it isn't your job to defend about it so much.

"Every family is different and the way they deal with their kids and Santa is up to them, not you."

Going back to that computer thing again...

Also, if you're defending so roughly about this, yet you're still enforcing the idea that Santa exists, wouldn't you be contradicting yourself admitting that Santa doesn't exist, there helping out my point that Santa does indeed not exist?

Lol, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci