• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is VIP better or a Moderator,

Is VIP better or Moderator

• Total voters

LeeTeayeon

Survivor
Reaction score
I am working to get one of them, I dont know which one I should work for, LEZZZ GOOOO VOTEEEEEE

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Personally, I believe that VIP is better, in terms of perks and responsibilities.

VIP:
Perks: All Donor Privileges, plus potential access to limited events, information, and TeamSpeak Channels, among other things. You're looked up to in-game, and are a rare sight to see.
Responsibilities: Build maps, do YouTube, etc.
Moderator:
Perks: Same as VIP
Responsibilities: Moderate servers, TeamSpeak, forums, handle Report Abuses, answer questions, etc.

So the question isn't which is better, it's do you want to become a Moderator?

Also, keep in mind that if you're a Moderator, it CANNOT be just for the rank. You have to WANT to help and perform your duties.
And if you are striving for VIP, it is NOT easy to obtain. There are a lot of maps submitted to MCSG and small-time YouTubers that produce MCSG-related content, but very few maps are accepted, and the criteria for YouTube are high, among other things.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not biased at all when I say Moderator...

To be honest though, it is whatever you want. As others have said, VIP has less responsibilities, but it is also slightly harder to obtain. However, if you want to assist the community and have more permissions to deal with rule-breakers, I would go for moderator. However, both require lots of work, so don't think this will be an easy task.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Either rank is very difficult to obtain; VIP obtainable only through:

- YouTube channel with 10k+ subscribers (that features MCSG, of course)
- Creating a survival games map that makes it onto the servers (which is no easy task)

Moderator obtainable only through:

- Writing, and submitting an application
- If written application is accepted, you must then pass an interview

No doubt these are both very high, prestigious ranks, however with that *Spiderman's Grandpa's voice* power comes great responsibility, especially in the case of moderator, and even more responsibility just to obtain the rank.

Both ranks are fairly equal in "greatness" however moderator has more capabilities, but also more responsibilities.

They are both fairly difficult to obtain, as mentioned, and aren't simply something you can get in a week.

Moderator, however, with those extra responsibilities I talked about before, means you shouldn't just apply in hopes of grabbing one of MCGamer's best ranks- you should do it because you want to help the community, by answering reports, kicking/banning rule breakers... You get the gist.

Applying for moderator just to get the rank is a bit like getting a job as a police officer just because the badge looks neat.

Take that into consideration before making your choice.

Until then, good luck!

FireRedcoats

Diamond
Reaction score
It depends.
If you want to be a part of the staff team, they would most likely chose Moderator. Although you need to go through the Moderator Application and it's not a easy thing for everyone.
Moreover, it is apparently difficult to get VIP than Moderator. People receive the the rank by helping this community by tons of effort, such as building a map, famous YouTuber and etc...

I personally chose to Moderator because I would love to help this community by becoming one of the staff member.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
If you just want a rank and no responsibility than I say vip. Becomming a mod is not easy and you have to continue to work after you get it. On the other hand vip is also hard to get but you dont have to do anything after you get it.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally I would day moderator because I would like to do my part to help the community in that way, but if you want a rank, with little responsibilities, then VIP. It is just up to you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci