• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is VIP better or a Moderator,

Is VIP better or Moderator

• Total voters

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
It really depends what you want to do. There are routes that I want to discuss.

First of all, you must want to actively help the server.
  1. The first thing I will talk about is becoming a moderator here. Moderators are the backbone of the community. They are there to keep the community safe from people who want to break the rules.
  2. YouTube based VIP. These people want to help the server by bringing in new players. They must actively produce MCSG content, and be a positive influence for the community.
  3. Map based VIP. These people want to support the server by making it more fun for the players to play.
Don't become a moderator just because you want the rank and the ability to kick and ban people; become a moderator because you want to help the community and server. Do not start making a YouTube channel because you want subscribers; start a channel because you want to have fun. Do not try to make a map if you just want VIP; making maps is hard, getting them accepted is even harder. Make a map because you have the skills and the means to make a map.

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
I think moderator should be something you want to do yourself, not something as the result of a vote :\ Either way, I'd say being a moderator is probably better.

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
It really depends on what you'd rather do. If you'd like to have lots of good perks, but just sit back and relax, VIP is better. If you want to actively help out the community and server, but still have the same perks, Mod is better.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Stop being Selfish. The day you stop that, thats the day you will get VIP or Moderator without even trying. Theres many others who wish the rank, but why?
At some point I was like you: All I wanted was VIP. Then, I just stopped caring. I don't care anymore.

Its not about whats better, its about: Are you qualified for it?

Thats my opinion. Either way, If you don't understand this now, I'm sure you will later.

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
It depends, if you are willing to work and help the community and gain a moderator rank which will give you access to all the perks, either on TS or the servers you would probably like the moderator rank better.

Vip is for those who have gained a rank which gives access to most of the servers and channels(on TS), and have made them self worthy it. This rank is mostly for YTbers and Builders who made a map.

Personally, I like Moderator best. This is because I have always got a lot of time to spend. Therefore, I have always have a thought that it would be nice if I could moderate and help the community. Secondly I wouldn't say that i want it only for the work I'll need to do, but I have always liked to take resposibility of things like tournaments or for other people etc. Therefore, I like Moderator best. (My opinion please don't judge)

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
As a VIP i can say that i do enjoy being a VIP a lot. But the issue with VIP is targeting and people don't respect you the way they do mods. I get insulted and targeted a ton and that isn't fun. But like most people have said, it depends on what you want to do. VIP is harder to get but has less responsibility and mod is slightly easier but comes with more responsibility. If you are a good builder or have a promising youtube channel then go for VIP but if your 15+, mature and want to help the community moderator is a good idea.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I say moderator. Having the ability to help out people in the community is an amazing thing. VIP is nice, although you don't have the power to punish.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
If you are just trying to become a moderator because of the rank, I would suggest you don't apply for it as you aren't going to end up staying as a moderator for long, sorry but it's true. Also, both of these are hard to obtain: VIP being through either building a map (a very long process) or being a successful YouTuber (which is 90% luck, as it depends on who sees your channel), and moderator by going through a very strenuous process. If I was to choose, I would be a moderator as it is fun to help the community but VIP wouldn't be bad. That's just my opinion on this.

Flqw

Experienced
Reaction score
V.I.P = Need to build a map/ Have 10,00+ subscribers/Being a extremely good friend with the staff team I think?

Mod = Need to put a ton of effort into a app then wait until it's accepted. Then have the interview with the Sr. mods/admins, and after that you need to work really hard to catch/ban hackers and rule-breakers.

It all depends really. Mod is easier to get but requires a extremely large amount of work, But V.I.P is harder to get but requires no effort to help ban hackers.

But most mods have friend rank if they resign :).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci