• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is VIP better or a Moderator,

Is VIP better or Moderator

• Total voters

BlazingLazer

Platinum
Reaction score
Moderator and senior moderator is better than v.i.p but all the ranks of mcsg are good and cool...

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you were someone who didn't have the time nor volition to keep your commitment to the community as a Moderator, then of course we can rule out one possibility right there. Moderator, then, isn't the rank you're looking for.
If you didn't have the time nor volition to keep your commitment to regular uploads for your subscribers, or if you couldn't dedicate yourself enough to spend a fair while on making a quality MCSG map with a good chance of getting accepted, VIP isn't your thing.

There's a common similarity between both mentioned above; what you obtain, whether it be Moderator or VIP, requires hard work. Moderator requires a flawless application and it requires you can pass the interview. VIP requires you build a quality map and get it accepted or gain 10,000 subscribers on your YouTube channel posting regular MCSG content.

In my opinion, it would be a lot easier to obtain Moderator than VIP, but once you obtain Moderator, the tables turn, and it's easier to be VIP (you haven't got to tend to things in-game or via the forums if you're VIP). Personally, seeing as I have way too much free time on my hands, I would go for Moderator due to my want to eliminate a fair portion of the hackers on the servers. VIP works fine as well, but I have zero building talent nor am I in suitable conditions to upload MCSG regularly so as to gain a steady flow of subscribers.

tl;dr: I would choose Moderator, but consider both ranks if you look at obtaining one or the other.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
I say moderator. Having the ability to help out people in the community is an amazing thing. VIP is nice, although you don't have the power to punish.
Well i don't think being a mod is just about being able to use the /ban command but i do agree that there are moment when i really would like to be able to stop a hacker right then and there.

OwenScottMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Well i don't think being a mod is just about being able to use the /ban command but i do agree that there are moment when i really would like to be able to stop a hacker right then and there.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Owen Scott Approved

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
In my opinion, VIP is better. I like helping and all, but being VIP is special, because few people have it. It also looks soooo cool, which is everything to me <3

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
VIP is arguably harder to obtain than moderator , however , both have their advantages and disadvantage.
For instance , VIP's can just play the game without having to do anything special , or give out to spammers in chat , whereas mods are obliged to.
Another thing is mods can be demoted for inactivity. So Mod isn't always a long term rank but VIP is (unless you get banned or do something to piss off Dave).
Mods , though , hold more authority and when the it comes down to it they are probably more important.
Needless to say , I love my VIP rank but moderator is probably just as good if not better.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Tbh this poll is pretty stupid. Moderator and VIP are completely different roles. VIP and moderator however are massive privileges and have both contributed to making the community better in one way or another.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Getting VIP is no easy task...
Nor is Moderator, I assire you, but I'd say that VIP is usually more difficult, seeing as you either need a LOT of subsctibers on youtube, OR you need to be really good at some form of map building, whether it be building structures, terraforming (That's what got me my rank) or anything else which goes into a map.
And after all the work, the map might just be refused, which is a very likely outcome, considering how many maps are actually on the servers, and how many are submitted by the community.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
If you are choosing which rank to do you need to decide which one you want the most.

Being a mod isn't just for a rank. It's a job and if you don't enjoy it or don't have the dedication you don't deserve it. If you want to be a VIP and fill all the criteria than sure go ahead. But you will still have responsibilities like making sure you get videos out on time (if youtuber). Making a map is hard. Very hard. Getting it accepted is OVER 9001 hard... Now. Let's lead to the final decision

Do you have the dedicated to be a mod?
Are you willing g to take time out of your day to assist the servers?

Do you fit the criteria for VIP?
Are you willing to make more videos/maps for the community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci