• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kicked so a donor could play, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudeazombie

Spectator
Reaction score
Do you not understand that if your idea were to take place, F2P servers would be just as full? Just because you don't get to play your first, second, or even third try doesn't negate the fact that the survival games are free to play.
you don't understand either it seems. yes they would be just as full. but you wouldn't be in risk of being kicked and having to spend another hour looking for it.

Synchronization

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm honestly considering reporting this thread as spam; everything you suggest is not thought out and completely unwieldy.

you don't understand either it seems. yes they would be just as full. but you wouldn't be in risk of being kicked and having to spend another hour looking for it.
Yeah, you'd be having fun clicking join server for an hour.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
But that renders donor overflow playing still a plausible solution. If donors are capable of joining a full server not by booting a free player but by ignoring the set limit, there is a dollar to that slot and nine dollars for the server costs as a whole.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
As far as donor overflow, it has actually worked in practice on other servers.

carlotta4th

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but as a non-donor I agree that these are terrible ideas. The point of donating is that you get a perk. Having problems getting on a full server? Pay $10 and you no longer have that problem for a month. The servers get a bit of revenue to help them keep running (servers aren't cheap), but other players who don't want to pay can still do so. They just need to be a bit more clever, or a bit more lucky.

Let me share my strategies with you: Server is full, but you want on?
a) Keep trying to connect while browsing the internet or something so you don't get bored. It's a very rare day indeed when you don't get on after 5-20 consecutive tries. And I'd say 99% of the time someone else will log off/on thus soon after, thus rendering your spot safe to future potential donators joining.
b) All servers currently reset after every match. If you join the instant the server comes back online, you will most likely stay on (although there is an occasional bug where you may be kicked in the wrong order. I find holding still for a while seems to help reduce the risk of this).

I rarely miss a game due to "kicked by donator" issues. If you're missing enough games to let this bother you, either donate or join games smarter.

iJax

Spectator
Reaction score
Just my two Cents-
I get where Dearz is coming from, Being kicked for a donor Sucks - bad, But being kicked is the reason there is 28 (I think?) different servers so you can get on.

but I mean the Donors did pay, and its not like I'm paying to play.. So I see where Synchronization is coming from.... and if we Made new servers just for donors. It would be like... Instead of kicking people, you'd just get more servers. Which I guess is a perk.

But being kicked is the reason there is 28 (I think? Cant Remember) different servers so you can get on. I think a bigger problem leads back to the Ghosting. Cause You finally get on a server and Spectate through the whole thing, only to be kicked off and possibly your spot taken when it restarts, I get that too.

So =ThatBeingSaid= I think When Full Version Starts All Will be good in the world...
~Points System
~Random Kicking
~Hacks.. (More or Less..)
~Donor(s)
~New Map(s) -(Soon.. Not Beta.. Maybe Beta. I don't know)
~Happy Go Fun!
~...Ghosting..?
MCSG YAY

jellywish

Tribute
Reaction score
the donor thing is broken. i was considering paying until i realised it was only a one month membership. that's INSANE. you know i could play runescape for a month with that, right? just make a private friggen surver for them. it's simple. just use an existing server.
If you're willing to pay for garbage such runescape why are you so mad about paying for MCSG?

And don't give me the usual "i paid for the game blah blah" -crap. For ten bucks you get a perk for a month. That's a fair deal and you're supporting MCSG to run and improve.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
But the very fact that you have a very real possibility of NOT PLAYING if you aren't a donor means that... Oh, what's this? It wouldn't be free? You can't donate hugs to the server, so it seems that there is some sort of monetary input to have a better chance at playing.
You actually CAN donate hugs to the server, it just wouldn't help you in any way and you don't get anything for it.

iJax The server is in beta, it's going to full version soon :)

Anyways now I agree with Synchronization and co.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
Donors ARE the reason why these servers are free to play. Donors pretty much pay for you guys to play. Also private servers for donors would defeat the whole purpose of having donor privileges. If the donor servers get too full then there would of been little to no point in donating. This would also cause problems to non donors. Since money from donors are being used for donors, there would be less servers open for those who didn't donate. With less servers and more people trying to join, it would be really hard to get into a server. I'm not saying you're wrong though, Getting kicked by donors after spending hours getting in a server is extremely frustrating, but think of it like this, As more people donate, The server gains more money, which will open up more servers and that will eventually make it more easy to get in a server.

Dudeazombie

Spectator
Reaction score
sorry. it's just as annoying when you wait that long, just to die without getting anything because people have memorized the map and already have full armor and weapons. is there a way you coould make loot random? and lessen the weapons and armor given by ALOT. maybe make leather be the only armor, aside from a single set of chain mail?

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
what point? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY SUGGESTION?? seriously. you're aurgument is completely retarded. and i'm not going to go play runescape, i was using it as an example. another example could be adventure quest. being a member on there is only $10 too. and it's a lifetime payment. asking for $10 is Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom greedy. maybe if you charged less you'd get more donors. $1-$2 for a month is more then a fair price. i don't care how much the servers cost, i only ever see a couple donors, so it seems to me that you make a maximum of $300 per month anyways. a single server costs what, $15 a month?
Ask chad for the monthly payment it is not near 300$. And behave yourself. i can see a 10yr old in whatever you are writing and it is really annoying me and maybe lots of others i suggest you calm down before reposting in this thread.

thank you

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling you are a complete idiot Dudeazombie. The monthly total pay is at least $1000, obviously you don't play often enough. I see donors every! The day before yesterday I saw at least 3 different gold donors, 1 diamond donor and over 10 different iron donors! That's about 3 games, which isn't much.

$1-2 probably wouldn't be enough to run the servers. Most people that haven't paid but want to pay haven't donated because they don't have Paypal or whatever paying system they use here. Others of us haven't paid because we are too young to have a credit card or have our own money to pay for things on online games.

A full time payment would be kind of stupid, because to make it worth it, I would assume it has to be like $30-50. Maybe more. Some people don't keep that kind of money extra.
This idea just doesn't make sense to me and most others.

As you've probably noticed, pretty much all of us disagree with you. So don't call the community retarded when you are the odd one out yourself.

sorry. it's just as annoying when you wait that long, just to die without getting anything because people have memorized the map and already have full armor and weapons. is there a way you coould make loot random? and lessen the weapons and armor given by ALOT. maybe make leather be the only armor, aside from a single set of chain mail?
That's completely off topic, if you want to suggest that go make a new thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci