• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kicking for being cocky?

Kicking people for "gg10" "shrekt" etc?

• Yes they should be kicked

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • No it should be allowed

Votes: 37 49.3%

• Total voters

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
It doesn't deserve to be punnishable. What deserves to be punnishable is the kids who get butthurt about it. It's a game, if you take it that seriously you shouldn't even be allowed to play.
I take it seriously.
But I take it seriously for different reasons than being a "butthurt kid"...
The way in which I take it seriously is different, though... I understand the seriousness of words, and the problems they cause, regardless of how I personally react or care about them.

Do you even know how many people have had their lives seriously affected by simple words?
Do you have any knowledge of serious mental "illnesses" that occur as a result of and worsened by words?
Do you understand that many people see games as a way to get away from these problems?
That these games, to them, are a world to help ease their problems?
That without this world to get away from problems, they might not have anywhere else to go?

Some people cannot simply "stop caring." It's that simple for some people, but the large majority of us do care, even if only a little bit. Some may blow things out of proportion, but in many cases, they cannot help it, at least not right away and not without professional help. Even many of us who don't have "problems" can become quite understandably frustrated when someone questions our abilities. It's a natural reaction to the situation that should not be shunned just because it doesn't fit your description of someone who should be allowed to play a game.

You aren't supposed to make the game fun; the game is supposed to make you have fun. There are no requirements or restrictions to play a game: Anyone is allowed to. Whether they have fun or not should never be an indicator on whether they qualify to attempt to have the same fun everyone else is having, unless of course a recommendation for a specific case by a professional.
While I wouldn't disagree with the notion that attempting to ignore the outside noise may help you to have that fun, ignoring the possibility of preventing that noise in the first place is not the solution.

I won't be giving any specific opinions on the topic itself: I just felt I needed to say this.

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
I take it seriously.
But I take it seriously for different reasons than being a "butthurt kid"...
The way in which I take it seriously is different, though... I understand the seriousness of words, and the problems they cause, regardless of how I personally react or care about them.

Do you even know how many people have had their lives seriously affected by simple words?
Do you have any knowledge of serious mental "illnesses" that occur as a result of and worsened by words?
Do you understand that many people see games as a way to get away from these problems?
That these games, to them, are a world to help ease their problems?
That without this world to get away from problems, they might not have anywhere else to go?

Some people cannot simply "stop caring." It's that simple for some people, but the large majority of us do care, even if only a little bit. Some may blow things out of proportion, but in many cases, they cannot help it, at least not right away and not without professional help. Even many of us who don't have "problems" can become quite understandably frustrated when someone questions our abilities. It's a natural reaction to the situation that should not be shunned just because it doesn't fit your description of someone who should be allowed to play a game.

You aren't supposed to make the game fun; the game is supposed to make you have fun. There are no requirements or restrictions to play a game: Anyone is allowed to. Whether they have fun or not should never be an indicator on whether they qualify to attempt to have the same fun everyone else is having, unless of course a recommendation for a specific case by a professional.
While I wouldn't disagree with the notion that attempting to ignore the outside noise may help you to have that fun, ignoring the possibility of preventing that noise in the first place is not the solution.

I won't be giving any specific opinions on the topic itself: I just felt I needed to say this.
rekt

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, this could be considered trolling or flaming. Just be the bigger man and ignore it.

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Although I agree with you to an extent... I will quote you saying "its just a game, have fun". You died, get over it and play another game, or call it quits for the day. If you aren't having fun playing a game you are the one doing it wrong, not anyone else.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft's a game, you should either have fun or try your best to have fun. If you're going to be overly sensitive to someone saying "GG10" then I'm afraid games aren't for you. You can't always win and you can't always have your opponent not be proud of their win.

Getting kicked for that would appear as a cheap attempt to get back at someone who kills you, a better response would be to play another game and harder to win the next time.

Majestical

Platinum
Reaction score
gg means good game, 10 means they didn't lose a heart. They where probably telling you it was a good fight, but they got a big combo on you. eZ means easy so they probably found the fight easy, they might be trying to help you improve.

Saying nothing is less respectful.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It certainly should not be bannable, though it should be changed to something nicer, like gg would be turned to good game, 2ez would be changed to wow, and so on (there are plenty of suggestions about what I said).

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
gg means good game, 10 means they didn't lose a heart. They where probably telling you it was a good fight, but they got a big combo on you. eZ means easy so they probably found the fight easy, they might be trying to help you improve.

Saying nothing is less respectful.
Maybe but most people do it when I'm 100% Sure they aren't at full health, like ill hit em 4 times with a diamond sword or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci