• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Updates -=2/9/2014=- "Spring Cleaning" Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Just clear things up... In the first place, why did you accepted Vida Cova, if you where going to remove it 3 months later?

Also, there was WAY better maps than the one you accepted. Some of this maps have been requested by a vast amount of members, however, move on?

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Just clear things up... In the first place, why did you accepted Vida Cova, if you where going to remove it 3 months later?

Also, there was WAY better maps than the one you accepted. Some of this maps have been requested by a vast amount of members, however, move on?
Well, to be fair, it was pretty well liked around the forums iirc, but then ended up not so much by the in-game community.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello MCGamer! As we speak, the current map updates are being pushed:

Survival Games​
Maps being updated:
  • Avaricia (Adding 4th exit from spawn, deathmatch arena, new tiers).
Maps being removed, say your final good byes to:
  • Fortune Island (Underplayed)
  • Rugged Lands (Underplayed)
  • Vida Cova * (Underplayed, too many OP items)
  • Wyvern's Wake (Too many OP items)
  • Khamunrah * (Underplayed)
  • Treacherous Heights (Underplayed)
  • Boombeards Battle (Underplayed, Too many OP items)
* : Will be available on 48 player servers.
** : Planned move to 48 player servers, will be kept until/readded once the update is ready.

Maps being added, welcome:

Map Staff​
New Promotions!:
  • Cubes has been promoted to Sr. Builder! Be sure to congratulate him next time you see him!
Update: Teweran Survival Games 1 will remain on the servers ~ ChadTheDJ

If you find any map bugs, OP items, ect., email Capt, Cubes, and Dave at [email protected] !
I am very happy for this! Awesome that you finally remove some maps! Good job map committee!

Reaction score
I can agree that Wyvern's Wake was really good, but unfortunately the map creator has hidden tons of OP items where they were not disclosed to us to remove. Once he complies, we may add it back.
It was not the map creator who has hidden the OP items, he was helped by some members of Team Elite in creating the map and believes that a member of this build team hid the items (not pointing the blame, but I have heard this from a lot of people), wronsiski has a passion for hating easter eggs and would not put any in a map of his! If whoever did this would like to step foward it would be greatly appreciated. If not I'm sure the map could be revamped! And added again in future!

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Fortune Island may be played a lot, but it really isn't a good map. The corn is horrible for facing teams, the terrain repetitive and the trees are all vanilla. The reason I think people like it is the abundance of tier 2s.

What I'm unhappy about is that the map committee needs to stop treating the PMC and TE maps as untouchable. Fallen Empire just doesn't work as a 24 player map; at the very least it should be moved to 48 player servers only (correct me if this is already the case). The same goes for Fallen Colossi, way too big for 24 players. Destiny's Shiver should be removed altogether as it's a pretty build, not a survival games map. I also want to see Breeze to be replaced by Breeze 2.
Agreed 110%. I have never understood why Fortune Island has been played as much as it has. I guess, because, the general community is so team-oriented anyway, they like it because they have an easy time teaming people on it. Now that seems like a good reason to remove it, if you ask me. :p In fact, I decided to play one last game on it; which I of course ended up regretting: a team was able to catch me with no problem. That almost never happens to me, so it definitely is a bad map for fighting teams.
Honestly I would prefer this
Remove:
SG3 (Under tiered)
ChadTheDJ
SG3 just needs to be re-tiered to how it should. It's an amazing map, but for some inexplicable reason lacks tier twos. Never should a map be removed because the tiering was messed up and can be fixed. Especially not a map as glorious as SG3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci