• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Hey, In this thread I would just like to give my opinion on this topic. You may agree or disagree.

So about 2-3 months ago, MCGamer updated to 1.8 only. This means that in order to play and log in to the MCGamer servers you would have to be on Minecraft version 1.8 or higher.
A lot of people were upset because "PvP has been ruined". Witch I don't agree with.

PvP has just been changed, from how you fight to the animation of certain things.
Everyone was upset because they had to adapt and change their way of playing. People don't like change.
Once you've gotten used to the 1.8 PvP its actually not that different from 1.7.

Now why am I making this thread?
I am making this thread, because I am sick of seeing people posting on staff's profiles, ingame chat or somewhere else asking to bring back 1.7. MCGamer is not brining back 1.7!
People are saying that it sucks, they hate it. Don't play the server if you hate it.
To be honest I think its stupid that not all servers are fully 1.8.

Even Mineplex is encouraging people to play on 1.8. (Players using 1.8 get double the gems).

So in conclusion. Stop asking for MCGamer to go back to 1.7, thats not gonna happen.
Just get used to it, and if you don't want to go play on some 1.7 server.
Mojang has seen people complain about combat and PvP so they are asking for suggestions for Minecraft version 1.9.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Like 80th thread saying that MCSG won't go back to 1.7 and to stop asking for it.

JayT

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with what you said! It's only going to make the server to develop more! And to be honest MCGamer needed a change from 1.7! 1.8 is less buggy and I fine more easier to PVP than getting spammed with blocks from the other opponents!

Nix

Platinum
Reaction score
Either the ncp has changed or it's a different hit registration from 1.8, but 1.7 and 1.8 are not and will never be the same.
Also
A lot of people were upset because "PvP has been ruined". Witch I don't agree with.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score

I never thought I'd see the day...

Mineplex is doing that because, once everyone goes to 1.8 they'll just update to 1.8 and no one will care. It's a smart way of doing things, I must say, but they will still have a fairly large amount of people complaining since double gems will be removed. It's really a lose-lose situation for pretty much anyone. Can't wait 'till 1.9, though, hopefully Mojang doesn't screw this up!

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
"Stop asking for MCGamer to go back to 1.7, thats not gonna happen.
Just get used to it, and if you don't want to go play on some 1.7 server."

Funny you say that, why do you think Badlion is becoming more and more popular each day? :)

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score

Funny you say that, why do you think Badlion is becoming more and more popular each day? :)
Look at the future, where things will be better. If we continue on 1.8, we can bring a higher quality level to the servers.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score

If they don't update quick enough that total population is just going to leave, also. You can't stay alpha when everyone's beta.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Look at the future, where things will be better. If we continue on 1.8, we can bring a higher quality level to the servers.
That's the average excuse. I quote Chad from his stream which made me laugh. "You used new blocks in this map? See 1.8 is useful for something"

This was in his stream on the Mockingjay map.

Edit:
If they don't update quick enough that total population is just going to leave, also. You can't stay alpha when everyone's beta.
Are you on about Badlion? I think you're massively mistaken. Badlion is growing for the fact people enjoy 1.7 pvp. Not many people want 1.8 and I mean players who actually know how to PvP.

Pastah

Survivor
Reaction score

Even Mineplex is encouraging people to play on 1.8. (Players using 1.8 get double the gems).
MCGamer should've done the same but guess what? They randomly forced to 1.8 without a poll or anything because you know, they listen to the community!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's the average excuse. I quote Chad from his stream which made me laugh. "You used new blocks in this map? See 1.8 is useful for something"

This was in his stream on the Mockingjay map.

Edit:

Are you on about Badlion? I think you're massively mistaken. Badlion is growing for the fact people enjoy 1.7 pvp. Not many people want 1.8 and I mean players who actually know how to PvP.
I do agree with you in the sense that 1.7 PvP is 10000% more balanced. In 1.8, the game just isn't as fun. Seeing as 1.9 is to be coming out in the somewhat near future, I'm excited to see what it has in store, but at the same time I'm scared that none of the 1.8 "issues" will be fixed, and even worse there may be features that completely screw up PvP in the competitive aspect. We'll just have to wait and see.

Regarding Badlion, yes it is nice that you can play Badlion on 1.7, but it's so unbalanced between 1.7 and 1.8 players, that I'm surprised such a competitive network has created such an uneven playing field. I mean, most Badlion players use 1.7, but rip the people on 1.8 :c

I just wish all of these PvP related changes hadn't happened in 1.8, because then we wouldn't be having these problems.

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
Wait until Mojang updates to 1.9. Depending if it's great or not people will complain to bring back 1.8.

Also what's the pvp breaking thing in 1.8 thats got everyone wanting 1.7 back? I never really could figure that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci