• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer has no free speech

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, to me it seems like you were actually causing a sort of problem. I think that could technically be considered disrespecting a staff member.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally I wish we could say whatever we want, just as long as it doesn't get TOO bad.

edit:

This is one of the reasons i've seen the staff throw around numerous times, and i agree, there are a lot of children on these servers. But i dont think thats the reason i should be respectful, or kind and caring.

I was on AU Open Mic Night the other day, and some guy couldnt sing a song because it had one curse word in it. One curse word. Even when he agreed he'd just skip over the word, which was a minor curse word at best, he was shot down and the staff replied "We dont accept anything inappropriate. At All."

That's total BS. This is the internet. If i wanna tell little 12 year old timmy to kill himself because he took the stone sword tree on Valleyside and murdered me with it, then timmy just needs to re-evaluate his life decisions, that way no one tells him to kill himself again. If anyone here is ever offended by what someone says, or how someone acts, suck it up. Simple as that. People shouldnt have to be babied around. This is the internet, a place where you could run into someone who doesnt like you for absolutely no reason at all and will not hesitate to send death threats just because your name looks stupid, or you suck at pvp.

I wish we had a bit more freedom in what we could say, and mods were around to filter out the extreme stuff (like if someone linked like videos of a adult nature or something idk).

but maybe thats why im not the owner yet :^)
I would agree with you if this game was not rated E for everyone.

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally I wish we could say whatever we want, just as long as it doesn't get TOO bad.

edit:

This is one of the reasons i've seen the staff throw around numerous times, and i agree, there are a lot of children on these servers. But i dont think thats the reason i should be respectful, or kind and caring.

I was on AU Open Mic Night the other day, and some guy couldnt sing a song because it had one curse word in it. One curse word. Even when he agreed he'd just skip over the word, which was a minor curse word at best, he was shot down and the staff replied "We dont accept anything inappropriate. At All."

That's total BS. This is the internet. If i wanna tell little 12 year old timmy to kill himself because he took the stone sword tree on Valleyside and murdered me with it, then timmy just needs to re-evaluate his life decisions, that way no one tells him to kill himself again. If anyone here is ever offended by what someone says, or how someone acts, suck it up. Simple as that. People shouldnt have to be babied around. This is the internet, a place where you could run into someone who doesnt like you for absolutely no reason at all and will not hesitate to send death threats just because your name looks stupid, or you suck at pvp.

I wish we had a bit more freedom in what we could say, and mods were around to filter out the extreme stuff (like if someone linked like videos of a adult nature or something idk).

but maybe thats why im not the owner yet :^)
so true. if timmy cant handle some mean words then the internet isnt the ideal place for em

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
MCGamer has no free speech? For someone who's been gone, I want to put my input on this, as a former staff member and community member. In my own eyes, MCGamer has a fairly liberal speech limitation when it comes to the basics. You can discuss many things with reasonable debate, and ideas and concerns will get through. What you are thinking of, though, is irresponsible, non-helpful claims. I've had to lock multiple threads because of this. If the OP had simply put his argument in a manner that let others elaborate on his idea, give criticism when needed, and had the community/staff involvement in a HEALTHY way, then an idea could become reality. But, if an idea just is all "badbadbad, herpskirpderp" then there will be a lot more negativity on the idea than good. The staff will have to lock/delete comments or threads simply to keep the forums as PG as possible. Heck, I bet a few posts in thread have already been removed to keep it family friendly. You can criticize the president for doing his job wrong, but you can't threaten to do something bad to him w/o being hunted down but the Secret Service. (This is a example to get my point.) Simply put, MCGamer has the right to Free Speech, you just have to put it in the right way.

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Ok experiment: Don't filter the forums for 12 hours, no swear filter, no moderation on deleting/editing people's posts, whatever. Ask people to give you their worst. Now, compare that to an average day on something like 4chan or reddit.com/r/gaming
YO COL LIKED THIS POST GG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci