• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Rule's

Fihru

Tribute
Reaction score
OH MY Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom GOD, HOW OLD ARE YOU ?
"Do you find anything wrong with my idea"
Of course I do, so does everyone else. They pointed out why in other replies. You can't even read -.-
Wow. You ask my age. You will evaluate me my age. You are not stupid.
I am 16.
You found anything wrong. and i replied. Did you read my reply ? (Example of Bill)

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
After my warning you still continued to cause some minor flame.

This thread will be locked for 1 hour to prevent any rude/disrespectful posts.

Have a great day!

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
This thread has been unlocked. Any further flame will lead to harsh consequences.

Have a great day!

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
I want the kicker, banner, promoter, free winner rank, mlger rank, gam starter rank, musicer rank.

That's that would happen if they added kicker rank.

Fihru

Tribute
Reaction score
Everyone want reply but no one reply my question ;-;

I understand you think kicker will be kick everyone. You can't think if kicker will be fair.
I am not reply this content anymore. I see hacker more than moderator. This is fine. Everyone don't like my idea. but they don't do anything about hacker.

Happy Hunger Games! And may the hacker be ever in your favor.

N

Nikola

Everyone want reply but no one reply my question ;-;

I understand you think kicker will be kick everyone. You can't think if kicker will be fair.
I am not reply this content anymore. I see hacker more than moderator. This is fine. Everyone don't like my idea. but they don't do anything about hacker.

Happy Hunger Games! And may the hacker be ever in your favor.
Serecno

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Reading through the comments and responses made in this thread, I also would like to put my insight on it. However, before I do so, I'd like to say that although these suggestions are controversial, and as we may already see, people disagree with it. We mustn't discourage the individual user from making suggestions in the future, simply because someone has confidence in what they had to offer, does not mean we should completely lash out at them and call them names. (Although I watched few episodes and don't know much about it) Even the judges from Dragon's Den don't even do that!

Constructive criticism is essential when it comes to explaining to someone that their suggestion may be flawed. Because relentlessly flaming at them for making a suggestion with a flawed system without actually saying why will only discourage them, and it won't spark up a good discussion! And just calling someone names doesn't make things any better either. :c

Following through to my views on the ideas being offered today, I would firstly like to put my insight on IP banning players for breaking rules. The developers have actually already acknowledged the use of IP banning rule-breakers, and believe me when I say this, a lot of people, including staff members are definitely enthusiastic on actually doing this, because it makes everything a lot easier. However, we do not use this idea of IP banning someone for several reasons. As already mentioned above by other members, IP banning someone would result pretty much everyone in the particular location to be banned. Regardless of whether they broke the rules or not. Furthermore, bypassing a ban, even an IP ban can easily be done through VPN (as mentioned before). Therefore even IP banning someone will unfortunately not be as effective as anticipated, since the supposed rule-breaker may already know what they're doing and can easily go on an alternative account or simply bypass. Adding to the first point, if I can remember... I recall that there may have been one incident (either in MCGamer or somewhere else), that a hacker got IP banned. However, this suspect was discovered to have lived in an apartment complex, along with several other people who also liked playing on that particular server. Which means...? That those people playing, who also did nothing wrong, also got banned. Which led to lots of complications. Hence explains why IP banning can be a risky use of punishment. Unless we can find another use of IP banning, or a way to actually prevent people from bypassing and actually keep them banned, then it would be the best for everyone to stick with what we've got for the time being. And we'll see what comes up until then.

Now carrying on to the suggestion with additionally banning a player for teaming up with a hacker. I have actually previously proposed this suggestion to staff members before. An administrator, Sr. Moderators, and moderators were present at the time (Well... It was Cleansweep. :I) They had pretty much summed up everything I needed to know why they hadn't done this before. As some of us may already know, the server "Hive" ( Not advertising, pls no demote! D: ), already has the rule of "no teaming with hackers". I brought this up because we can tell that communities differ from one another on how their rules, and how the system works. All which are successful in their own unique way. MCGamer does not particularly use this rule because of several reasons such as that the player who is teaming with the hacker may be completely oblivious to the fact that their "friend" is actually hacking in the game. Therefore, if they do come to the point of getting banned, the Sr. Moderators will have to deal an extra amount of unnecessary disputes of people claiming they did not know that their friend hacked, furthermore complicating stories depending on how much the person wants to play. I state that the person can be unaware sometimes (Even though this would be contradicted by stating the hacks would be obvious to see); the hacks people use to play the game may differ. Meaning that hacks are slightly more difficult to spot than others. Therefore showing that the individual who may team with the hacker may not know in the first place due to how fishy and unsure they may be. However, if the hacker did fight for the person, and the teammate knew, we could simply get them for boosting. Only as long as the evidence is sufficient! ;)

Now finally stating my opinions on your final suggestion. Allowing players to *kick* other players who may be suspected of hacking. This is where things got heated up amongst everyone, so here's my water bucket!

Prospecting your suggestion closely, and after reading your elaboration on how you must provide evidence and justification for every kick you make of the suspected hacker, otherwise there will be punishments, I have come to realize that although this sounds promising, it can be detrimental depending on how we use it. I would firstly like to state that the MCGamer community consists of a diverse group of people, with different opinions, views, aspirations, and ideals. Including you and me! There are people from the clan community, who tend to view MCGamer as a ground for competitive playing and to win against other players. There's the general community, who see it as a place to simply have fun and try to make the best out of their experience. There is the community of players who do their best to try and keep things in order, despite the limit of power, as they can only record and report hackers to those who do have power.

Imagine giving this power for the select few people. Yes, you did state that a select few people can have this supposed privilege, and they must undergo interview and similar processes as a moderator would normally do. You have also stated
-Clan Wars : Mods can kick clan wars guys too. Why mcgamer have a mod ?
In contradiction to a user's statement that people may abuse this privilege for clan wars. Which will be something I will be reiterating later on this post. We have MCGamer staff members who, in fact, went through a rigorous application program in which the Sr. Staff and above carefully selected in order to see whether a certain individual was fit for the job or not. Even if we allowed only a select few people to go through an application program similar, if not exactly the same of a moderator's then the applicants would definitely be more capable of applying for mod rather than adding an extra rank which hassles the Sr. Staff even more because they have to review twice the amount of people for specific ranks.

And to reiterate the strongest argument against the proposition, I would like to state that, as said plenty of times before, this privilege will be abused. Justified by what I, and a few other members of the community have already said, your proposition suits perfectly for only a select few type of people, and those people in this community who would definitely use it and justify for it are those who want to make the community a better place, you definitely have good intentions. And I acknowledge that! But what if someone who wanted it for their personal gain got power to kick people? Yes, as you've stated this can be solved by either revoking the rank from this individual, or we could severely punish the player for abusing a privilege for their own personal gain. However, in the end, after the abuse has been dealt with, what has happened, already happened. And there would simply be no changing the past. This will detrimentally affect the views of the staff team, leading to people severely criticizing more staff members for selecting the wrong people to try and help the community. The same applies with staff members who have done terrible things to lead to a bad reputation for both the individual, and the staff team as a whole.

We wouldn't be able to tell for certain on whether or not this individual will use this privilege the right way. Which of course, leads to a further increase of MCGamer becoming an even more toxic place due to abuse of power. At the time being, the staff team itself is already being criticized for many reasons like inefficiency, or corruption. Adding this feature will only further increase the risk of a bad influence from the team as they may view us as bad people for doing the wrong things or choosing the wrong people to try and do the right thing. That is why community members who are willing to help the community even further are better off by applying for moderator, since they have a higher chance to make a positive impact and influence to the community.

But at the same time, there are always bad apples, that's why we revoke the rank from those who abuse the power. Adding something similar to the moderator rank, or even something that gives the individual member a preview of what it is like would be considered redundant, and risky too! D:

But to wrap things up in a nice, big, everything burrito... I just wanna quote one more thing from you:
meme on 9GAG
9GAG! YASSSS :D

Anywho, If you do have anything else to say, then I'd absolutely love to hear from you. Your propositions are definitely ambitious, and I admire it. But it's best to consider everything before we carry on with this plan, that's how we can develop! :3

N

Nikola

Reading through the comments and responses made in this thread, I also would like to put my insight on it. However, before I do so, I'd like to say that although these suggestions are controversial, and as we may already see, people disagree with it. We mustn't discourage the individual user from making suggestions in the future, simply because someone has confidence in what they had to offer, does not mean we should completely lash out at them and call them names. (Although I watched few episodes and don't know much about it) Even the judges from Dragon's Den don't even do that!

Constructive criticism is essential when it comes to explaining to someone that their suggestion may be flawed. Because relentlessly flaming at them for making a suggestion with a flawed system without actually saying why will only discourage them, and it won't spark up a good discussion! And just calling someone names doesn't make things any better either. :c

Following through to my views on the ideas being offered today, I would firstly like to put my insight on IP banning players for breaking rules. The developers have actually already acknowledged the use of IP banning rule-breakers, and believe me when I say this, a lot of people, including staff members are definitely enthusiastic on actually doing this, because it makes everything a lot easier. However, we do not use this idea of IP banning someone for several reasons. As already mentioned above by other members, IP banning someone would result pretty much everyone in the particular location to be banned. Regardless of whether they broke the rules or not. Furthermore, bypassing a ban, even an IP ban can easily be done through VPN (as mentioned before). Therefore even IP banning someone will unfortunately not be as effective as anticipated, since the supposed rule-breaker may already know what they're doing and can easily go on an alternative account or simply bypass. Adding to the first point, if I can remember... I recall that there may have been one incident (either in MCGamer or somewhere else), that a hacker got IP banned. However, this suspect was discovered to have lived in an apartment complex, along with several other people who also liked playing on that particular server. Which means...? That those people playing, who also did nothing wrong, also got banned. Which led to lots of complications. Hence explains why IP banning can be a risky use of punishment. Unless we can find another use of IP banning, or a way to actually prevent people from bypassing and actually keep them banned, then it would be the best for everyone to stick with what we've got for the time being. And we'll see what comes up until then.

Now carrying on to the suggestion with additionally banning a player for teaming up with a hacker. I have actually previously proposed this suggestion to staff members before. An administrator, Sr. Moderators, and moderators were present at the time (Well... It was Cleansweep. :I) They had pretty much summed up everything I needed to know why they hadn't done this before. As some of us may already know, the server "Hive" ( Not advertising, pls no demote! D: ), already has the rule of "no teaming with hackers". I brought this up because we can tell that communities differ from one another on how their rules, and how the system works. All which are successful in their own unique way. MCGamer does not particularly use this rule because of several reasons such as that the player who is teaming with the hacker may be completely oblivious to the fact that their "friend" is actually hacking in the game. Therefore, if they do come to the point of getting banned, the Sr. Moderators will have to deal an extra amount of unnecessary disputes of people claiming they did not know that their friend hacked, furthermore complicating stories depending on how much the person wants to play. I state that the person can be unaware sometimes (Even though this would be contradicted by stating the hacks would be obvious to see); the hacks people use to play the game may differ. Meaning that hacks are slightly more difficult to spot than others. Therefore showing that the individual who may team with the hacker may not know in the first place due to how fishy and unsure they may be. However, if the hacker did fight for the person, and the teammate knew, we could simply get them for boosting. Only as long as the evidence is sufficient! ;)

Now finally stating my opinions on your final suggestion. Allowing players to *kick* other players who may be suspected of hacking. This is where things got heated up amongst everyone, so here's my water bucket!

Prospecting your suggestion closely, and after reading your elaboration on how you must provide evidence and justification for every kick you make of the suspected hacker, otherwise there will be punishments, I have come to realize that although this sounds promising, it can be detrimental depending on how we use it. I would firstly like to state that the MCGamer community consists of a diverse group of people, with different opinions, views, aspirations, and ideals. Including you and me! There are people from the clan community, who tend to view MCGamer as a ground for competitive playing and to win against other players. There's the general community, who see it as a place to simply have fun and try to make the best out of their experience. There is the community of players who do their best to try and keep things in order, despite the limit of power, as they can only record and report hackers to those who do have power.

Imagine giving this power for the select few people. Yes, you did state that a select few people can have this supposed privilege, and they must undergo interview and similar processes as a moderator would normally do. You have also stated
In contradiction to a user's statement that people may abuse this privilege for clan wars. Which will be something I will be reiterating later on this post. We have MCGamer staff members who, in fact, went through a rigorous application program in which the Sr. Staff and above carefully selected in order to see whether a certain individual was fit for the job or not. Even if we allowed only a select few people to go through an application program similar, if not exactly the same of a moderator's then the applicants would definitely be more capable of applying for mod rather than adding an extra rank which hassles the Sr. Staff even more because they have to review twice the amount of people for specific ranks.

And to reiterate the strongest argument against the proposition, I would like to state that, as said plenty of times before, this privilege will be abused. Justified by what I, and a few other members of the community have already said, your proposition suits perfectly for only a select few type of people, and those people in this community who would definitely use it and justify for it are those who want to make the community a better place, you definitely have good intentions. And I acknowledge that! But what if someone who wanted it for their personal gain got power to kick people? Yes, as you've stated this can be solved by either revoking the rank from this individual, or we could severely punish the player for abusing a privilege for their own personal gain. However, in the end, after the abuse has been dealt with, what has happened, already happened. And there would simply be no changing the past. This will detrimentally affect the views of the staff team, leading to people severely criticizing more staff members for selecting the wrong people to try and help the community. The same applies with staff members who have done terrible things to lead to a bad reputation for both the individual, and the staff team as a whole.

We wouldn't be able to tell for certain on whether or not this individual will use this privilege the right way. Which of course, leads to a further increase of MCGamer becoming an even more toxic place due to abuse of power. At the time being, the staff team itself is already being criticized for many reasons like inefficiency, or corruption. Adding this feature will only further increase the risk of a bad influence from the team as they may view us as bad people for doing the wrong things or choosing the wrong people to try and do the right thing. That is why community members who are willing to help the community even further are better off by applying for moderator, since they have a higher chance to make a positive impact and influence to the community.

But at the same time, there are always bad apples, that's why we revoke the rank from those who abuse the power. Adding something similar to the moderator rank, or even something that gives the individual member a preview of what it is like would be considered redundant, and risky too! D:

But to wrap things up in a nice, big, everything burrito... I just wanna quote one more thing from you:

9GAG! YASSSS :D

Anywho, If you do have anything else to say, then I'd absolutely love to hear from you. Your propositions are definitely ambitious, and I admire it. But it's best to consider everything before we carry on with this plan, that's how we can develop! :3
forget William praise this god guys!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci