• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG and What It Could Do

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
First of all I would like to express my personal opinion that I'm pretty dissapointed in the status of the servers at the moment with the overly strict NCP, new bukkit/mojang problem (well I see it as a problem) with the new ways secondaries work on servers that was inplemented for no apparent reason that just reduces the amount of skill it takes to fight especially combined with the new sprint I feel pvp will be strongly changed and become even more ping based. And lastly the voting system which was added as an idea that people either loved or hated but overall people liked the old system better amd nobody really hated the old system at all especially because it was the only system and even though the community had 9000+ votes to change it, it still remains causing so many people to leave games in pregame and causing irritation. I think that due to all of this and a new US server for a major competing SG server mcsg needs a big/begining step in the right direction (It is best to fix problems though before adding features). I like that Zed chase is being added and I believe it is a good step in the right direction but I do believe the SG plugin needs some refinements before working on the TF2 plugin because it is the main attraction and favourite gametype on the server.

Discretion: Many have been suggested before and or promised by the mcsg staff.

•Weekly and Monthly leaderboards
•New food items from 1.7 on chests to give a feeling of newness
•A friend system where you add someone on the website (linked to your minecraft account) and you can do /friends in game and it says who is online and you can /invite (username) that notifies the person you want them to join your game and beside that add a description such as "Ingame/Lobby - EU45"and maybe some other nice features to go along with it and have an option in the leaderboards to look at only your friends. (Also for YouTubers they could add an option so you can only send requests yourself)
•Seeds and saplings not being picked up and the ability to punch crops
•/newlobby or /quickjoin to switch to a random lobby with different maps
•Retiering on many maps such as breeze island 1 and sg2 (will have list at bottom of thread.
•Lasty not really an addition but a less strict NCP to reduce lag backs since NCP will still protect against speed/fly hackers but will not punish the regular player, Removal of the voting system which was voted upon by the community, and a patch to the new problem with secondary weapons and switching with sword pvp.

Maps to be re-tiered in mine and others opinions:
•Breeze Island 1
•SG2
•TWSG1
•Rugged Lands
•Avaricia
•SG4 (Not that bad but needs a but more balancing)

*Edits may happen to this list/post in a later time so please stay tuned and don't let this post die, your personal opinions will be appreciated as long as you state them politely and don't cause flame, they help keep the thread alive so it is highly appreciated*

Last edited:

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
First of all I would like to express my personal opinion that I'm pretty dissapointed in the status of the servers at the moment with the overly strict NCP, new bukkit/mojang problem (well I see it as a problem) with the new ways secondaries work on servers that was inplemented for no apparent reason that just reduces the amount of skill it takes to fught especially combined with the new sprint. And lastly the voting system which was added as an idea that people either loved or hated but overall people liked the old system better amd nobody really hated the old system at all especially because it was the only system and even though the community had 9000+ votes to change it, it still remains causing so many people to leave games in pregame and causing irritation. I think that due to all of this mcsg needs a big/begining step in the right direction (It is best to fix problems though before adding features). I like that Zed chase is being added and I believe it is a good step in the right direction but I do believe the SG plugin needs some refinements before working on the TF2 plugin because it is the main attraction and favourite gametype on the server.

Discretion: Many have been suggested before and or promised by the mcsg staff.

•New food items from 1.7 on chests
•A friend system where you add someone on the website (linked to your minecraft account) and you can do /friends in game and it says who is online and you can /friend msg (username) or /invite (username) that notifies the person you want them to join your game and you could add a message such as "In lobby going to SG4 need teammate" or "Ingame need sponsor am stuck" amd maybe some other nice features to go along with it and have an option in the leaderboards to look at only your friends.
•Seeds and saplings not being picked up and the ability to punch crops
•/newlobby or /quickjoin to switch to a random lobby with different maps
•Retiering on many maps such as breeze island 1 and sg2 (will have list at bottom of thread.
•Lasty not really an addition but a less strict NCP to reduce lag backs since NCP will still protect against speed/fly hackers but will not punish the regular player, Removal of the voting system which was voted upon by the community, and a patch to the new problem with secondary weapons and switching with sword pvp.

Maps to be retierd in mine and others opinions:
•Breeze Island 1
•SG2
•TWSG1

*Edits may happen to this list/post in a later time so please stay tuned and don't let this post die, your personal opinions will be appreciated as long as you state them politely and don't cause flame, they help keep the thread alive so it is highly appreciated*
My problems listed into one thread. Love you Cryptic <3 I doubt MCSG will do anything about it to be honest, but I guess all we can do is hope.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is basically the same thread that's has been posted a gazzilion times and I can't be bothered to reply with the answer

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
My problems listed into one thread. Love you Cryptic <3 I doubt MCSG will do anything about it to be honest, but I guess all we can do is hope.
Thanks I tried to leave out my personal wishes and just try and put in the overall concenses of the people I have talked to.
i disagree about the removing of maps, but alot of the other ideas seem good.
If you mean the voting system I do see that a lot of people like it and I do see some of the reasoning for it but in my personal opinion since the majority of the community wanted it removed and people do have a big problem with the new system I believe it would be best overall to resort back to the old one because nobody hated it much. But you also might have missread retiering as retiring so if that's what it was I editted it to look clearer. :)

Last edited:

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
overly strict NCP
MCSG's NCP really isn't that strict my opinion, but the only problem I see with it is rubber banding, but to my knowledge this is fixed in NCP if I remember correctly. To my knowledge NCP hasn't been updated, if it was they would have fixed battle grounds.

new bukkit/mojang problem
This is in fact Mojang, and to my knowledge is not a bug.

New Sprint and Combos
I personally like the update considering, fishing rods have no knock back in vanilla minecraft and it gives users a reason to not use something not originally implemented in the game in the first place. Hey so what, if the gamer is harder, people are always complaining about, how easy these days.

Voting System
I agree, but disagree with the newer voting system, I like it when I am playing Solo games, but however, if scrim with this new voting system it is a terrible. I rather see it get removed, because it does frustrate Clans, especially, when they have no donors and a random map is voted.

TF2 and Zedchase
I feel like it is necessary for MCSG to focus on other gamemodes such as TF2 and Zedchase, because SG will slowly die, when all of the Survival Game movies are finished. Then they will have something to fall back on. All Devin had announced a few months ago, that he had begun work on Zedchase, once again.

This was promised right from the beginning of V2 and was in v1, so in my opinion this should be top priority.

New food items from 1.7 on chests
To me this not necessary considering only more variations of fish were added in 1.8, and you can always fish for them also. Also people are always complaining about how stacked you get, and how survival games isn't like the hunger games any longer.

Friend System
To me this idea seems like a great, but Mojang has announced they have begun to work on a friend system in Minecraft.

Seeds, Saplings, and breaking Crops
Not being able to pick up seeds and saplings is not necessary at all. I totally agree with being able to break crops considering, you already can jump on them.

Retiering
Agreed

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG's NCP really isn't that strict my opinion, but the only problem I see with it is rubber banding, but to my knowledge this is fixed in NCP if I remember correctly. To my knowledge NCP hasn't been updated, if it was they would have fixed battle grounds.

This is in fact Mojang, and to my knowledge is not a bug.

I personally like the update considering, fishing rods have no knock back in vanilla minecraft and it gives users a reason to not use something not originally implemented in the game in the first place. Hey so what, if the gamer is harder, people are always complaining about, how easy these days.

I agree, but disagree with the newer voting system, I like it when I am playing Solo games, but however, if scrim with this new voting system it is a terrible. I rather see it get removed, because it does frustrate Clans, especially, when they have no donors and a random map is voted.

I feel like it is necessary for MCSG to focus on other gamemodes such as TF2 and Zedchase, because SG will slowly die, when all of the Survival Game movies are finished. Then they will have something to fall back on. All Devin had announced a few months ago, that he had begun work on Zedchase, once again.

This was promised right from the beginning of V2 and was in v1, so in my opinion this should be top priority.

To me this not necessary considering only more variations of fish were added in 1.8, and you can always fish for them also. Also people are always complaining about how stacked you get, and how survival games isn't like the hunger games any longer.

To me this idea seems like a great, but Mojang has announced they have begun to work on a friend system in Minecraft.

Not being able to pick up seeds and saplings is not necessary at all. I totally agree with being able to break crops considering, you already can jump on them.

Agreed
For the moment though SG should be their top priority as it is their most famous gametype and what almost all of the players play, other than that I do agree with a lot of what you said but a minecraft friend system wont work well for mcsg as it is done with hubs and lobbies and also it would just be a nice addition and with the food and seeds/saplings it would just be a nice small step forward because no sg updates have come out in a while I will do more research into the secondarys but I never said it was a bug. Lastly the NCP works perfectly fine and different on other servers due to tweaking and strictness which is what causes rubberbanding as it doesn't due this on many servers running NCP.
"Retiring" SG2?!?! THOU SHALL BE SMITTEN BY THEE ANCIENT PEOPLE OF THE BETAS!
I said re-tiering as in tiers lol I am a beta player my 2 year anniversary will be in 8 days I love sg2 but the tiering is really bad at the current moment.

EasyKezy

Platinum
Reaction score
Great thread, couldn't disagree with anything you said! Developers have a lot on there mind such as the meet ups but it'd be nice if they did a massive summer update!

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
Great thread, couldn't disagree with anything you said! Developers have a lot on there mind such as the meet ups but it'd be nice if they did a massive summer update!
That would be great in my opinion I also feel that the developers need to focus on finishing up the SG plugin/fixing the bugs though before anything else, I know they are busy and since I am not part of the staff I wouldn't know all that they're working on it's just Devin stated the next main focus after zed chase will be TF2 so I don't know :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci