• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Items

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I want to know 2 things!

1. What item you would want MCSG to add (Ex: Cobwebs)

2. What item you want MCSG to take away (Ex: Uncooked Food)

Leave your opinions down below!

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I would like Cob Webs, but I have The Hive for that ;)

I would want nothing to be taken away :p

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it would be neat if they added low tier drinkable and throw-able potions as a very rare drop in tier two chests. Things like fire resistance and drinkable health one. It would need to be play tested.

Reaction score
I think it would be neat if they added low tier drinkable and throw-able potions as a very rare drop in tier two chests. Things like fire resistance and drinkable health one. It would need to be play tested.
That will probably never happen. In February, when sponsoring was first implemented, the original items were all sorts of potions. It was deemed overpowered and broken, replaced by the current sponsorship items. Having them in chests would be even worse.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
That will probably never happen. In February, when sponsoring was first implemented, the original items were all sorts of potions. It was deemed overpowered and broken, replaced by the current sponsorship items. Having them in chests would be even worse.
Some potions have very minimal effects. I am unsure what potions were included in the sponsor system, but a few health one potions per game is not powerful at all.

Here are some examples:

A first tier health potion, a Potion of Healing, only heals two hearts. A drinkable one of these would have little use and a splash version of this would not be powerful at all.

A Potion of Fire Resistance only lasts three minutes and even less in splash potion form. Considering this will only guard you from flint and steel in battle it won't be too bad. The only other use would be escaping through lava or hiding in lava for a short amount of time.

A Splash Potion of Regeneration lasts 33 seconds which may not be too powerful.

Water breathing potions may also have a use as well.

On the other hand, all negative potions are much too powerful to be used in Survival Games other than possible tier one weakness or damage splash potions. Invisibility, strength, and speed potions would be much too powerful. Night vision potions are practically useless to implement.

Again, the potions would be very rare in tier two chests. You may see a few in one game. This is all in theory though, it would need to be play tested to see how they would play out.

Moving away from potions, I think it would be interesting to see cobwebs as a rare items in tier one chests.

Edit: Even though ender pearls are currently a sponsor item, it may be worth trying them as a decently rare item in tier two chests. Also, if new items are added or taken away from the chest system the rates of items would need to change to lower the amount of item clutter of course.

Last edited:

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Add: Rare, rare, cake. Come on MCSG, one of the most lighthearted things about the game deserves to be more than just a sponsor-item.

Remove: Raw chicken, it's more pointless than a dull stick.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There is a perfect world where I would have time to list everything I would love to see on tier 1s, and everything in tier 2s. I would love to spend an hour sharing with you my opinions and knowledge about this. But I'm tired :p

However, removing the excess of feathers and making stacks of arrows only 1 or 2 would be nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci