• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG The Dating Website?

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah I've seen that too, I really don't know why people are so so desperate for that, if you search for a relationship, you'll never find the one, the true one will come to you.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
So, its seems as if every time I get onto the server someones saying in chat "I need a bf" or "I need a gf".

Im sorry, but I was not aware of the server turning into a dating website. Well, I should have expected it I guess. Its not only Mcsg, its seems as if it is every server people do that on. I personally think it is quite annoying to see.

Anyways, just thought I would get other peoples opinions on this topic. So, what do you think, or do when someone proceeds to ask about wanting a relationship whilst playing on the server?
It's not the server turning into a dating website - it's simply just an odd way (for a mc network) of socializing. Nothing wrong with that to me. :)

Although, I do also think it's a terrible place to ask, twitter is much more suiting IMO. :)

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
wasn't there an mc valentine thing

everyone in the hub that day was begging for a date to it lol i was sitting here dying

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
I don't see it as a big deal, most people who ask for a bf/gf in the hub etc. are very young and it's not really an issue, I think it's cute as long as it remains appropriate. Most of the time from my observations it's usually more of a teaming up to play kind of thing anyway.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I just ignore the chat and go play :) I say leave em be :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think the only region with the problem is US, EU and AU I hardly see this on to be honest.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I mean this all used to happen on the creative server, but now it's in the hub :/

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I see it all the time in the hub. It really isn't that bad anyway. Personally, finding a significant other on minecraft would not be the most effective nor safest way to meet a person. Not only is there the issue of timezones and not knowing the person in real life....

Well that's the main reason. I don't know the people. I've never met you, I don't know who you are. For all I know that 16 year old girl could be a 23 year old man. Or 18 year old man. Or a 114 year old woman. It doesn't matter. I know I shouldn't use this as an example, but look at Lovelights and Kosmish. While he wasn't trying to snag himself a boyfriend or girlfriend, he still did create himself a false profile and fooled just about EVERYONE.

My point is that if you want a girlfriend or boyfriend, there is school, sports, clubs, malls, a town, friends friends and a whole host of other IRL situations in which you could meet real people and become there significant other. Besides, that is much better than 'dating' someone who lives in Germany while your in Mississippi right? You can spend time with them, eat food, watch a movie, etc.

Whatever, that is just what I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci