• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft VS Apple! Which is better?

Which is better?

• Apple

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 35 54.7%

• Total voters

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I myself prefer Microsoft in all areas, it's just personal preference.

I'd love to have a beefy computer build, and if I saw an Apple logo on the side of a computer tower, it'd just seem wrong.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
They are both the same, along with most (but not all) of the other monopolistic-eque corporations out there who made it to the upper echelon of money making. Unlike start-up companies (that they once were), they have the money and man power to get things done quickly and usually much more efficiently. Unfortunately though, time and success have completely changed the way that both of these companies think and work. They once started out as small time teams who wanted to be innovators and hopefully create the next big thing, not only to make some coin on the side, but to legitimately change the tech industry. In their beginnings, they had an actual passion for innovation and their products, and that's why they succeeded. Those top guys faded away though, and what's left at the top of both companies (the head of the decision making board) are instead not innovators and people with a passion for the products, but those who are good at business.

Because of all of that, my opinion is that I honestly am not a huge fan of either. But if I had to give the "hey, you're better!" reward to one of them, it'd have to be Apple. They actually manage to sell those over priced laptops, phones, and products.. *holds my iPhone close to me*. But not only that, Apple succeeded in making smart phones the next big thing. Microsoft hasn't made a "next big thing" since Windows. It's been so many years, and the only reason why Windows is still the mainstay OS isn't because it's the best out there, it's because it went mainstream first and because of that, it's stayed simple. Simple is what both companies go for nowadays, not innovation, like with Apple and their simple Macs, iPhones and oh god those horrible Mac mouses. Apple as of late has beaten MS to the punch with a few things, which has led MS investing on new products and then losing a huge amount of money because those new products weren't really new at all, they were just re-branded items essentially (Zune and MS Phone).

The people who argue that Microsoft is great, tend to be those who are completely biased, yet very oblivious and blinded by the customized VCR that is the Xbox One (or if you're old school and still roll with the Xbox 360 like I do). Even then, Sony has always beaten them in the profit making category in console gaming. So all-in-all, Microsoft hasn't had that great of a stat sheet in the past decade that the company lovers seem to preach, but the Xbox 360's crazy success along with Windows 7 will keep them going for a while.

My choice: I voted Apple. A good chunk of that is because of the people on the internet who are so damn biased and annoying when it comes to voicing their opinions AS VOCALLY AS POSSIBLE with things like the console wars argument. But if you really want to know what my favorite company of all-time is, it would be Bethesda. They are great, and I would probably pass up on owning my own business if the opportunity came up to become a developer there.

Last edited:

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
Eh, I can write a whole list, but everyday people don't know about the specs, and its status as well. Having a quality product such as apples on scale, will impress people and associates. Okay maybe for when we're 25 and into business, but I suppose from a teen's POV you have a point. Like I said, I prefer windows 7 PC's, but apple has that quality touch to it.
Yea, but also. Apple wears down incredibly quickly, it gets slow so quickly, and you need to do maintenance a lot if you want to keep it running decently. My mother has one for example, it's so slow, I did some maintenance and it worked for about a month and I had to do maintenance once again.

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
Eh, I can write a whole list, but everyday people don't know about the specs, and its status as well. Having a quality product such as apples on scale, will impress people and associates. Okay maybe for when we're 25 and into business, but I suppose from a teen's POV you have a point. Like I said, I prefer windows 7 PC's, but apple has that quality touch to it.
So what your saying is that because it has an Apple logo on it, it's better?

Jtk98765

Spectator
Reaction score
I prefer the customization of Windows machines to Apple. You can actually cobble together internal repairs yourself for a Windows device (most likely a computer as parts for Android smartphones and tablets can be hard to come by). Ever tried seeing the internal workings of a Macbook or an iPhone? Good luck with that!

Teku3O

Career
Reaction score
Yea, but also. Apple wears down incredibly quickly, it gets slow so quickly, and you need to do maintenance a lot if you want to keep it running decently. My mother has one for example, it's so slow, I did some maintenance and it worked for about a month and I had to do maintenance once again.
Exact opposite to Android with tons of people I know.. It's just what has happened and what hasn't what changes people's opinions.
So what your saying is that because it has an Apple logo on it, it's better?
Did I say that? Most people consider apple as a good quality product, not better. I never said better. I think both have their ups and downs, I just find it many people prefer Apple, for one because they aren't aggressive competitors. Okay I'm done with this thread, I honestly hate these type of threads because of remarks like

Last edited by a moderator:

Zauron

Survivor
Reaction score
Microsoft, because Windows 7. Also because they own M0jang, but that is a story for another day.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Apple is a brand made only for retards who like to spend money on unnecessary things that are not worth anything, probably most of you voted for Apple because there is no crisis in America, here in Italy there is a lot of crisis and many have learned to distinguish the things that are really worth a lot of money, a cell phone as the iPhone6 worth up to 350 $, but there's apple and above all buy it thinking it's worth something.
Fun fact: most other smartphones are also of comparable cost. The iPhone 6 is not $350 - it's actually closer to $700, but you simply pay the rest of the price through your contract - same with other expensive smartphones.

Saimo

Platinum
Reaction score
Fun fact: most other smartphones are also of comparable cost. The iPhone 6 is not $350 - it's actually closer to $700, but you simply pay the rest of the price through your contract - same with other expensive smartphones.
Sure.

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
Exact opposite to Android with tons of people I know.. It's just what has happened and what hasn't what changes people's opinions.

Did I say that? Most people consider apple as a good quality product, not better. I never said better. I think both have their ups and downs, I just find it many people prefer Apple, for one because they aren't aggressive competitors. Okay I'm done with this thread, I honestly hate these type of threads because of remarks like
Do remember I'm talking about iMac's and PC's not phones, I prefer Apple in phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci