• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minas Tirith SG - Taking Builders!

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
MINAS TIRITH SURVIVAL GAMES

sjoerdtim has given some friends and I the privilege to convert their amazing build of Minas Tirith (from Lord of the Rings) into a functioning survival games map for MCSG. This will be a 48-player map, with a radius of 275 blocks. We're working on adding chests, crafting tables, furnaces, revamping the interiors, and all around making this beautiful build into a playable map. This is a huge project, considering the build itself took over a year to make. Below is a trailer and some screenshots. All of the official links are at the bottom of the thread.

Download(WIP): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ah6a2jsyh04kif/Minas Tirith.zip

CHECK OUT THE TRAILER!

2013-08-28_19.53.42.jpg

This is the cornucopia, located at the top of Minas Tirith, right in the center. You can even see the White Tree!

2013-08-28_20.01.03.jpg

This is the best screenshot I've gotten yet, and it doesn't even show all of the gigantic stone wall, the most recognizable part of Minas Tirith.

Goals for Minas Tirith SG:
  • 200+ chests, also some crafting tables
  • 48 stylized pedestals
  • Detailed cross-map sewer system (70%)
  • Detailed area around outside of dome (90%)
  • Grand central staircase (80%)
  • Caves in the mountainside (40%)
  • Flying Nazgûl in the air (for those that are confused):
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Nazgûl

More screenshots
2013-09-13_00.29.18.jpg

2013-09-13_00.34.54.png

Minas Tirith (1).jpg

Minas Tirith (6).jpg

Minas Tirith (2).jpg

Minas Tirith (4).jpg

Minas Tirith (7).jpg

Minas Tirith (5).gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
This map was posted here lately, without creators permission and with a different name though! Glad you got the permission to edit and post it! It looks spectacular!

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
This will be amazing. I have downloaded and looked round this map before and it is gigantic! maybe just seal the bottom sections off to limit the size? Will love to play on this once its ready :3

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe it's the screenshots, but it looks way too big to be practical as a 24 player SG map. This could be good as a 48 or higher player server. :D

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
This will be amazing. I have downloaded and looked round this map before and it is gigantic! maybe just seal the bottom sections off to limit the size? Will love to play on this once its ready :3
I in fact have done that! ;) I put a dome around it that hugs the castle wall, and then put a sort of lava moat between the wall and the dome, all around. It works well I think.
Maybe it's the screenshots, but it looks way too big to be practical as a 24 player SG map. This could be good as a 48 or higher player server. :D
I actually said in the description that it's for 48-player. ;)

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I actually have done that! ;) I put a dome around it that hugs the castle wall, and then put a sort of lava moat between the wall and the dome, all around. It works well I think.

I actually said in the description that it's for 48-player. ;)
Description? What's that? Is that where people write key information?

I fails. I sorry.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
I just realized this map would very much work for a 12o-player game; does MCSG have any 120-player servers at the moment?

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I just realized this map would very much work for a 12o-player game; does MCSG have any 120-player servers at the moment?
Yup! I actually just got back from winning a 120 person game on SG3. The server number is 120.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Yup! I actually just got back from winning a 120 person game on SG3. The server number is 120.
Wow! Okay, well I think I could work something out...it may be challenging to make room for 120 pedestals, though.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
I just wanted to make a little update post :) This is still very much being worked on and it's becoming a lot more rounded out. All the interiors are getting dressed up and the lighting (it was just random torches mostly) is becoming much better looking. Changed a ton of 1-block stairs to actual stairs, which should make gameplay much easier. I would post more screenshots but my minecraft's textures are janky and it would be ugly. I'll post some when I can; for now just watch the trailer :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci