• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mini-Modding

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that not how you get laid
It depends on how proud you are of your fedora collection. :kappa:

In all seriousness, the intention of that similie was the entirely false assumption of causation. You can compliment people just to compliment people, but people seem to falsely believe the motivations to be less than suitable.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Kaylie | Holidays xD I know I seem really hypocritical right now Kaylie, but my opinion has changed. I honestly think mini-modding does help a lot now, and it takes tons of stress off of moderator's backs.

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
LMAO PLEASE KEEP THIS ON THE THREAD
Snip
Snip
Snip
Snip

Reactions: 5km

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
OR, we could not target and embarrass other community members.
Thank you.
What was embarrassing about it? I was just showing how great a community member is doing and all the good he is doing for the server.

Lis

Career
Reaction score
Always disliked the term "mini-modding".

I personally don't see a problem with someone wanting to help out the community/staff by enforcing rules and whatnot. It's only improving things around here rather than making things worse for everyone. It's actually quite sad to see people who try to help out get hate for it.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
I think "mini-mods" are just trying to help and that's great, people should respect their helpfulness towards the server.

But..there are some people who "mini-mod" all the time just to get mod, and it's usually the case that they don't want to help the community, they just want a free rank. (Plus it helps with hackers I guess.)

MiniModerator

Spectator
Reaction score
im kind of dying on the inside at how the only people that agree with you are.

staff

other mini-mods

social justice warriors

MiniModerator

Spectator
Reaction score
And this is why, we need a Helper Rank, but enough of that, that is a topic for another time. :p

As for mini-modding, technically mini-modding is not what helping others out is. Mini-Modding is pretending to be a mod when you clearly aren't, and pretending to have that authority over someone else just because you're telling them the rules isn't right, now, I don't see that happen very much, but apparently it happens, so I'd like to address that.

For the people calling out others for being "tryhards", the point of moderators is to help out, I feel that there is an alienation between players and staff, that moderators are too big of a jump and so when a moderator steps in, the stage goes quiet and everyone holds back, I know that MCGamer has been trying to combat that (e.g. Ban Lists, Patch Notes, Announcements, and removing age requirements) but the community is creating a barrier that makes it seem like normal people can't do anything to help out, when really, it should be everyone pitching in, because that is what makes a community, some people just want it more than others, so they become a mod, some people don't want that commitment, which is another barrier which I will talk about another time, but they just want to help out anyways.

'Mini-Modding' call outs shouldn't be a thing, because for us to be a community, we all need to pitch in.
you should have seen the uproar when the clan rules were changed. No one was quiet in that...that was some great banter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci