• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mod Applications Now Accept 1 Year Old Temporary Bans

BiscuitCrisp

Survivor
Reaction score
It does give everyone a chance which is good in my view and isn't unfair because the MCGamer staff are actually giving everyone a chance to apply for moderator which is nice and fair.

OpticFusionz_

Career
Reaction score
I didn't see the whole thread title I thought it said "Mod Applications Now Accept 1 year olds" I was like WAT DA FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU xD

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Wow. That title is a mouthful. But it gets the point across.
A while ago, a Community Discussion thread was posted with the title, "Should Ex-Hackers be Considered for Mod?". The discussion was highly productive and displayed a surprising amount of support for ex-hackers who wished to become staff members. The thoughts that were expressed have been held in the staff's mind for quite some time, and eventually a serious discussion began within the Sr. Staff about reforming our application process with that thread in mind.

A vote was held, and a decision was passed.
Temporary bans that are older than 1 year will no longer disqualify anyone from a moderator position.

If you wish to apply for a moderator position, and you have a temporary ban on your record, you will be allowed to apply normally once one full year has passed since the date of your ban. The offense does not matter, but it will likely be a considering factor with your application. Do be aware that any recent kicks, mutes, and non-ban punishments will be held to a higher level of scrutiny as a result of this, so we hope your history is otherwise spotless. Permanent bans will not be forgiven.

The decision was based on community sentiment and a belief of forgiveness with time. As shown in that discussion, the community was supportive of forgiving past actions and trusting someone with an imperfect past with a position of authority. The rest was a matter of time, and how long it would take for a previously-banned user to illustrate to everyone that they are reformed. While estimates varied quite a bit amongst the initial discussions, the Sr. Staff eventually decided that given the age of our community and the speed at which the Minecraft community operates, one year was a sufficient amount of time to prove someone's attitude.

In the discussion, the idea of having a special application process for previously-banned players was brought up numerous times. This option was also explored by the staff, but it was found to be impractical for the number of people we estimated would apply with previous bans. A separate application process would add a second layer of bureaucracy to the application process, taking up valuable time for what accounts to little outcome. The suggestions that included requirements for the staff to hang out with the previously-banned players in order to gauge their personalities would be too much of a time and personnel commitment, especially since staff members have other, more pressing responsibilities. General forgiveness over a certain amount of time added no additional level of bureaucracy whilst still proving one's integrity.

Ultimately, it was decided that if a player that was previously banned managed to clean themselves up and walk on the right side of the law for one full year, that user has proven that they are reformed, and thus worthy to be considered for a moderator position.

You can find our MCGamer Application section here: LINK.
I've been waiting for this day to come forever... i have always wanted to become a mod, and now i can :D

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm that 1 goody 2 shoes who never got banned

Devon

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow. That title is a mouthful. But it gets the point across.
A while ago, a Community Discussion thread was posted with the title, "Should Ex-Hackers be Considered for Mod?". The discussion was highly productive and displayed a surprising amount of support for ex-hackers who wished to become staff members. The thoughts that were expressed have been held in the staff's mind for quite some time, and eventually a serious discussion began within the Sr. Staff about reforming our application process with that thread in mind.

A vote was held, and a decision was passed.
Temporary bans that are older than 1 year will no longer disqualify anyone from a moderator position.

If you wish to apply for a moderator position, and you have a temporary ban on your record, you will be allowed to apply normally once one full year has passed since the date of your ban. The offense does not matter, but it will likely be a considering factor with your application. Do be aware that any recent kicks, mutes, and non-ban punishments will be held to a higher level of scrutiny as a result of this, so we hope your history is otherwise spotless. Permanent bans will not be forgiven.

The decision was based on community sentiment and a belief of forgiveness with time. As shown in that discussion, the community was supportive of forgiving past actions and trusting someone with an imperfect past with a position of authority. The rest was a matter of time, and how long it would take for a previously-banned user to illustrate to everyone that they are reformed. While estimates varied quite a bit amongst the initial discussions, the Sr. Staff eventually decided that given the age of our community and the speed at which the Minecraft community operates, one year was a sufficient amount of time to prove someone's attitude.

In the discussion, the idea of having a special application process for previously-banned players was brought up numerous times. This option was also explored by the staff, but it was found to be impractical for the number of people we estimated would apply with previous bans. A separate application process would add a second layer of bureaucracy to the application process, taking up valuable time for what accounts to little outcome. The suggestions that included requirements for the staff to hang out with the previously-banned players in order to gauge their personalities would be too much of a time and personnel commitment, especially since staff members have other, more pressing responsibilities. General forgiveness over a certain amount of time added no additional level of bureaucracy whilst still proving one's integrity.

Ultimately, it was decided that if a player that was previously banned managed to clean themselves up and walk on the right side of the law for one full year, that user has proven that they are reformed, and thus worthy to be considered for a moderator position.

You can find our MCGamer Application section here: LINK.
I think this is a good idea, my friend can apply for mod on January First, he was banned on New Years XD

BiscuitCrisp

Survivor
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea, my friend can apply for mod on January First, he was banned on New Years XD
It is a good idea because It gives everyone a chance for when they have got banned and they have been wanting to applied for moderator for so long and they just haven't had the chance but now they can which is good now this has come in.

Aldo1497

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you so very very much

With me, I was denied instantly when in my interview by aqua tech for having a previous temp ban, do I get to go back instantly once the year is over ? Or do I have to apply once again?
Re- apply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci