• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Age Requirement - By Age in that Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Can some more staff (preferably higher rank :p) check out this thread? I want to know if it stands a chance at happening or not :p

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
It will get the age limit higher, for example if they did by grades instead of years which are pretty much the same thing, they would say no one under grade 10 can get mod. I'm in grade 7 so I would rage if that happened.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
Hah yeah, I still have some mods who think I'm 16-17...

Although back onto topic, that does seem very reasonable.. although if they were to start doing that, they would probably raise the age limit back up to 15, due to the fact that they just lowered the age limit, and the fact that it would be lowering the age limit even more.
Your not like 16? :(

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It will get the age limit higher, for example if they did by grades instead of years which are pretty much the same thing, they would say no one under grade 10 can get mod. I'm in grade 7 so I would rage if that happened.
Well you're 14 in grade 9 where I am (turning 15) so it would probably be that, and it's years not grade. So either the year you turn 14, or the year you turn 15 based off the age requirement right now.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
The age limit has already been lowered 4 times! At first it was 18 and then it made sense to lower it a bit to 16. 15 was hardly a stretch. Now it is 14! You should be glad that it is 14 now. I am on the fence with that one. Normally people don't mature till around 16-17. You have to wait till you are 14. I wouldn't be complaining if I were you.

Desdomena

Experienced
Reaction score
My own opinion, I don't speak for other mods.

I see where you're coming from, however I have to say I do not agree. They have to wait months true, but they are actually waiting the exact same time from date of birth. If we made this a requirement, what's to stop people who were born in January from complaining that they have to wait a whole year longer than those born in December?

For me it's the same reasoning with age-related activities like driving, those with early birthdays can drive sooner, this goes for drinking and similar things as well. As stated earlier though I think if this was even considered to be implemented the age limit would definitely be raised which would just draw more complaints.

I think a line just needs to be drawn and since we can't give every single person on this site a test for maturity an age limit will have to be that line.

Personally for me the age limit is already really low, when I applied it was 18+, so as said earlier you really shouldn't be arguing about this.

My opinion on the matter.

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from but I disagree it's as MCJackson said, MCSG has lowered its age restriction many times over so I believe people can wait a couple months to apply. Again be grateful for MCSG lowering it already as it previously was 18+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci