• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Applications (Possible Revamp)

Do you believe...

• The staff team should take this into effect?

• The staff team should discuss among and take this into consideration?

• The staff team should not take this into effect?

Results are only viewable after voting.

King

Experienced
Reaction score
Hi!
Moderators are our first line of defense against hackers on MCGamer here. We have an excellent staff here who do a great job in-game punishing rule breakers yet there has been more and more players applying for moderator lately and they are able to obtain it. I see no problem with it, the more the staff, the more players that will be punished, but do you feel as if there's now quantity over quality in the staff team?

Recently as I have noticed, there have been many people who have applied for moderator yet they have under 20 posts on the forums sometimes and so it can't help me but think some people joined the forums only to apply, not to interact with the community. Of course, there are some exceptions such as TrebleMaker07_ she does a fantastic job, tries to be active on the forums, but of course it isn't her strong suit.

The MCGamer forums have a Spam Protection for people with very little posts in case they are a spam bot. What happens if they could corporate that into where a player needs to post at least 50 posts so that they are able to get access to apply on the forums. If they did so, people on the forums would recognize names in the staff team and actually be able to get to know them more seeing as they posted a little bit, rather than let's say 12 posts.

While not all moderators are extremely comfortable with the forums, they should at least try and read some posts or post once in awhile as the forums is the best way to interact with each other and to just get to know some of the community members more.

Another suggestion inspired by the thread; Community Discussion: Regarding mod applications created by Trilexium gives out some great points. People who apply for moderator should somewhat be known in the community as they are the more respected members of staff. Of course not all of them would be a great staff, but this would have the community trust more in its staff members. I am not bashing the staff team at all, but for example; many community members enjoy Mooclan Ceroria AGFire2013 Jeffrey | JDusk OhFancy Kaylie | Holidays mainly because they were somewhat known before they applied, and as of now, I'm seeing almost all of the members of the community being disrespectful to most of the new moderators mainly because they were not as known as the people I stated above were.

Please put your opinions on this matter and if you do believe that the staff should take this into consideration.

Last edited:
N

Nikola

You've got a point. So many people that have joined less than a month ago got mod like its the easiest thing ever to do. That's why mcsg isnt like it used to be before.

Istolepancakes

Survivor
Reaction score
While not all moderators are extremely comfortable with the forums, they should at least try and read some posts or post once in awhile as the forums is the best way to interact with each other and to just get to know some of the community members more.

I agree with this paragraph completely, you made some excellent points throughtout this thread and i agree with most everything.
+1

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
As painful as this is for me to say, I have to agree with you. Other than that, I make no comment.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I agree and would love to see this be a thing!

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like almost every job in the real world, the job requires prerequisites or requirements to complete before you can apply such as going to college and getting this degree or you must have experience in this field before you can apply. Granted being an MCGamer Moderator is not the most important job in the world, it is still a job and therefore should follow the same application process.

I suggest that before someone can apply for Moderator they must have...

• 200 Forum Posts (Not spam, but quality posts)
  • 16 Hours+ spent ingame
  • 30 Report Abuses (Successful Report Abuses)
Becoming a Moderator is a serious thing, with that we need serious people who are willing to donate their time to Moderate and make the community better. These requirements are easy to obtain if you are really serious about becoming a Moderator.

+1

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Like almost every job in the real world, the job requires prerequisites or requirements to complete before you can apply such as going to college and getting this degree or you must have experience in this field before you can apply. Granted being an MCGamer Moderator is not the most important job in the world, it is still a job and therefore should follow the same application process.

I suggest that before someone can apply for Moderator they must have...

• 200 Forum Posts (Not spam, but quality posts)
  • 16 Hours+ spent ingame
  • 30 Report Abuses (Successful Report Abuses)
Becoming a Moderator is a serious thing, with that we need serious people who are willing to donate their time to Moderate and make the community better. These requirements are easy to obtain if you are really serious about becoming a Moderator.

+1
I agree with all of that. However I think it would be nice if we kept the freedom side of things. Instead of adding requirements why not just up the bar? Perhaps this is something that will be bought up in the next Moderator/Sr.Moderator meetings? :D

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Although this is true, I fall into this bracket, I'm not going to lie, the forums wasn't my most favourite place in the world to get to know people better, but since becoming staff I have started to grasp the forums much better. I like this thread, you make some excellent points and I agree with most of them. I'm also trying my best to get myself more known around the forums c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci