• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Applications (Possible Revamp)

Do you believe...

• The staff team should take this into effect?

• The staff team should discuss among and take this into consideration?

• The staff team should not take this into effect?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Like almost every job in the real world, the job requires prerequisites or requirements to complete before you can apply such as going to college and getting this degree or you must have experience in this field before you can apply. Granted being an MCGamer Moderator is not the most important job in the world, it is still a job and therefore should follow the same application process.

I suggest that before someone can apply for Moderator they must have...

• 200 Forum Posts (Not spam, but quality posts)
  • 16 Hours+ spent ingame
  • 30 Report Abuses (Successful Report Abuses)
Becoming a Moderator is a serious thing, with that we need serious people who are willing to donate their time to Moderate and make the community better. These requirements are easy to obtain if you are really serious about becoming a Moderator.

+1
Agreed. (Except for the 30 abuse reports, cut that down to 10, it would be better)

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Although this is true, I fall into this bracket, I'm not going to lie, the forums wasn't my most favourite place in the world to get to know people better, but since becoming staff I have started to grasp the forums much better. I like this thread, you make some excellent points and I agree with most of them. I'm also trying my best to get myself more known around the forums c:
Thats great to know! Don't be afraid to become known! Whats the worst that can happen? ;)

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
The community will have a VERY mixed opinion on me.
Why do you say that? Just because you are a new Moderator that does not mean people will dislike you D:

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Why do you say that? Just because you are a new Moderator that does not mean people will dislike you D:
It's not cause I'm new, it's just extremely hard to please everyone around here..

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed, this would be nice. Also, having a forum 'cleanup' to say the least would also be something to see sometime soon rather than all the pointless clutter threads all around the forums that don't attract anymore attention :p

+1

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with this idea. It should be required to have at least some experience in all of MCGamer's platforms, and your post count is what reflects your time spent on the forums. Getting involved in the forums is not only a way to show you have experience using the forums, but also gets your name out there for the players you'll be moderating for.

Your second point is also important. Having people know you before you get moderator. Personally, I find it a lot more comfortable contacting a staff member I at least know a little bit about than someone I've never seen before. It's just that piece of mind that makes the staff team just that much more approachable.

It's not cause I'm new, it's just extremely hard to please everyone around here..
It's not extremely hard, it's near impossible. As long as your putting thought behind your posts you'll at least be giving a good impression about yourself. You won't be pleasing everyone, but you're post will at least stand out from the one-sentence posts people tend to make.

Istolepancakes

Survivor
Reaction score
Like almost every job in the real world, the job requires prerequisites or requirements to complete before you can apply such as going to college and getting this degree or you must have experience in this field before you can apply. Granted being an MCGamer Moderator is not the most important job in the world, it is still a job and therefore should follow the same application process.

• 16 Hours+ spent ingame
Becoming a Moderator is a serious thing, with that we need serious people who are willing to donate their time to Moderate and make the community better. These requirements are easy to obtain if you are really serious about becoming a Moderator.

+1
I think the 30 report abuses is a bit too much.

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
Agreed. +1

• 16 Hours+ spent ingame

+1
True that.

J

District 13
Reaction score
I would definitely like to see this added :)
+1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci