• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Applications (Possible Revamp)

Do you believe...

• The staff team should take this into effect?

• The staff team should discuss among and take this into consideration?

• The staff team should not take this into effect?

Results are only viewable after voting.

FeanityMinecraft

Platinum
Reaction score
Of course. That's already mandatory in the application process (at least I hope so) but they also need to dedicate their time to the forums and see how it works and all. I'm very against moderators who make a forum account one week ago, have their moderator application thread be the first-five posts and then get moderator. It's absolutely nonsense in my opinion as they showed no interest getting to know the community at all.
The thing is, it isn't a mandatory yet.

J

District 13
Reaction score
This should definitely be taken into consideration. Many of the moderators are very nice, but I have no idea who they are. They would sign up on the forums either a year ago, be very inactive on it then suddenly apply or sign-up suddenly and have their first post be their application. All of the moderators are very nice, but I don't enjoy that they do not dedicate themselves to the forums which is something all moderators should at least attempt to.

itstomy

Diamond
Reaction score
Like i'm seeing people with 0 likes and 5 messages and they have Mod, i know they might interact with the community on the servers but in my opinion being active on the forums aswell. Anyone could write the best application but have no idea what they are doing.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi!
Moderators are our first line of defense against hackers on MCGamer here. We have an excellent staff here who do a great job in-game punishing rule breakers yet there has been more and more players applying for moderator lately and they are able to obtain it. I see no problem with it, the more the staff, the more players that will be punished, but do you feel as if there's now quantity over quality in the staff team?

Recently as I have noticed, there have been many people who have applied for moderator yet they have under 20 posts on the forums sometimes and so it can't help me but think some people joined the forums only to apply, not to interact with the community. Of course, there are some exceptions such as TrebleMaker07_ she does a fantastic job, tries to be active on the forums, but of course it isn't her strong suit.

The MCGamer forums have a Spam Protection for people with very little posts in case they are a spam bot. What happens if they could corporate that into where a player needs to post at least 50 posts so that they are able to get access to apply on the forums. If they did so, people on the forums would recognize names in the staff team and actually be able to get to know them more seeing as they posted a little bit, rather than let's say 12 posts.

While not all moderators are extremely comfortable with the forums, they should at least try and read some posts or post once in awhile as the forums is the best way to interact with each other and to just get to know some of the community members more.

Another suggestion inspired by the thread; Community Discussion: Regarding mod applications created by Trilexium gives out some great points. People who apply for moderator should somewhat be known in the community as they are the more respected members of staff. Of course not all of them would be a great staff, but this would have the community trust more in its staff members. I am not bashing the staff team at all, but for example; many community members enjoy Mooclan Ceroria AGFire2013 Jeffrey | JDusk OhFancy Kaylie | Holidays mainly because they were somewhat known before they applied, and as of now, I'm seeing almost all of the members of the community being disrespectful to most of the new moderators mainly because they were not as known as the people I stated above were.

Please put your opinions on this matter and if you do believe that the staff should take this into consideration.
This would be a great implementation to see if people are really veterans or just are here for the rank.

Personally, I've been playing for almost two years, but just made a forum account in May when I decided I want to be a Mod, so in instances like that, I feel I should have been denied; and I've admitted multiple times I wasn't the most community involved member before I was a staff member.

With that said, this is a 50/50 reply for me.

Remy2402

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. Although I am also under 50 posts, I would be happy to wait till I reach that point to apply for moderator.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Like almost every job in the real world, the job requires prerequisites or requirements to complete before you can apply such as going to college and getting this degree or you must have experience in this field before you can apply. Granted being an MCGamer Moderator is not the most important job in the world, it is still a job and therefore should follow the same application process.

I suggest that before someone can apply for Moderator they must have...

• 200 Forum Posts (Not spam, but quality posts)
  • 16 Hours+ spent ingame
  • 30 Report Abuses (Successful Report Abuses)
Becoming a Moderator is a serious thing, with that we need serious people who are willing to donate their time to Moderate and make the community better. These requirements are easy to obtain if you are really serious about becoming a Moderator.

+1
If there is a certain goal, then you will most likely see a sudden decline when the goal of however many posts/hours in game is reached, or when moderator rank is reached.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I've been on the forums a long time, and slowly got all these posts. I do agree though, I've counted 17 moderators that joined in the last week of may, and in June and July, who are now moderators. Some have less than 5 messages. These are likely their application, a report abuse, and a meet the staff thread. I trust the Sr Staff's judgement though, so they probably have more experience elsewhere. I just hope they use that experience to become great members here, as well as active on the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci