• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Modern Day MCSG

Do you agree with me?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
I think the community started changing somewhere around mid 1.7...
I wasn't paying too much attention at the time, so I don't know.

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
And I feel your pain. I have met ugly people like that in my past. One reason I think the community is partially immature is because the majority of Minecraft is made up of 11-13 year olds... No offense to any, but younger people are usually less mature.

SimoKryt

Experienced
Reaction score
And I feel your pain. I have met ugly people like that in my past. One reason I think the community is partially immature is because the majority of Minecraft is made up of 11-13 year olds... No offense to any, but younger people are usually less mature.
Thanks for agreeing yes, not all of the 11-13 year olds but some of them

Omri

Career
Reaction score
I would also Quit after someone rod spams me for 2 minutes. It's just not fun Man

Edge

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes you are correct! We just get our mod ranks so we can join full servers, even though most of us started off with a lifetime donation.
Oh I love waking up in the morning and seeing "constructive criticism" realising how under appreciated the work we do on this server. Sigh...
2 bad he is quite right... i mean yes, you try your best, you are a pretty good staff when it comes to the forums, but... nobody is active in-game... and that freaking sucks.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Is it two weeks or a month for lock? I don't know, I just wanted to give my two cents on this.

Even before this thread, there were many like it that even had more discussion on more topics. And as you said, yes, less people care about MCSQ because they 'loose hope'.

This loosing hope thing is a spiral of people leaving and then people seeing people leaving and they leave and then it continues. That's the core of it. Why the people are leaving can be connected to that. Why are staff leaving? Getting tired of the servers and they want to move on - > less change is made. Why are players leaving in the first place? Because less things are getting done and making the server fresh.

Unless something major gets done by the people who will care no matter what and will invest time in the server, it's just going to keep going, and it has to be good, not like what MCGamer v2 did making the server even more stale than it was getting (meaning it wasn't innovative enough to keep the players).

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
- 30/100 people hack.​
Alright, to this one, I can say pretty confidently as a recently ex-mod that this is clearly not true. Even with the report, finding hackers was pretty difficult. Although I have noticed a slight increase in hackers since then, it might just be because I'm not looking for them anymore so now I really notice when they appear. Honestly this has been a complaint since the dawn of time, and mods spend a lot of time working on this. People always say "all I do is see mods sitting in the hub doing nothing, they should go get hackers". Again, as an ex-mod I know the reason(s) for this. 1) They are waiting for someone in the hub who needs help, since people who don't have ts go to the hub first to find a mod. 2) They don't have enough time to go through the /report because they are going to do something IRL or 3) They are making themselves available to answer questions.
- Almost everyone flames when they die
Confused by this, unless they are on ts or Skype with you, I don't see how this is a problem. They can't flame at you, they're dead and you are not. I know people do this but you just have to brush off them haters. Remember, you killed them lol, so why should you care what they think.
- Ragers and DDOSERS are very common
I know this one is kinda true but honestly, I don't think it's as common as people claim. I've been here two years and never experienced this (knocks on wood).
- Some Mods only get their rank to join games faster and be able to kick and ban people
See below.​
Yes you are correct! We just get our mod ranks so we can join full servers, even though most of us started off with a lifetime donation.
Oh I love waking up in the morning and seeing "constructive criticism" realising how under appreciated the work we do on this server. Sigh...
Thanks CoDsNo65! Next.
- No one takes care of MCSG because no one thinks its worth it anymore
No one cares, which is way tons of people come back every day and this community has grown continually for 3 and a half years(?) now. No one cares, which is why there are always new mod applicants, and games are always being played. No one cares, which is why there are always new clans, new donors and new threads on the forums. Gotcha.
And I have a great example of a person who does not deserve to be in this beatiful community of ragers, hackers and DDOSERS :
This is the only thing I can agree with, but it's one example of a bad person. Block out the haters. There are tons of sick people on this server.

Alright peace,

Demon

P.S. It feels good to be back.

SimoKryt

Experienced
Reaction score
Alright, to this one, I can say pretty confidently as a recently ex-mod that this is clearly not true. Even with the report, finding hackers was pretty difficult. Although I have noticed a slight increase in hackers since then, it might just be because I'm not looking for them anymore so now I really notice when they appear. Honestly this has been a complaint since the dawn of time, and mods spend a lot of time working on this. People always say "all I do is see mods sitting in the hub doing nothing, they should go get hackers". Again, as an ex-mod I know the reason(s) for this. 1) They are waiting for someone in the hub who needs help, since people who don't have ts go to the hub first to find a mod. 2) They don't have enough time to go through the /report because they are going to do something IRL or 3) They are making themselves available to answer questions.
Confused by this, unless they are on ts or Skype with you, I don't see how this is a problem. They can't flame at you, they're dead and you are not. I know people do this but you just have to brush off them haters. Remember, you killed them lol, so why should you care what they think.
I know this one is kinda true but honestly, I don't think it's as common as people claim. I've been here two years and never experienced this (knocks on wood).

See below.​

Thanks CoDsNo65! Next.
No one cares, which is way tons of people come back every day and this community has grown continually for 3 and a half years(?) now. No one cares, which is why there are always new mod applicants, and games are always being played. No one cares, which is why there are always new clans, new donors and new threads on the forums. Gotcha.
This is the only thing I can agree with, but it's one example of a bad person. Block out the haters. There are tons of sick people on this server.

Alright peace,

Demon

P.S. It feels good to be back.
idc I only asked u for ur opinion not a whole thread about it so its I agree or not wtf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci