• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mods but not mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
I really enjoy these forums but one thing bugs the hell out of me. People acting like they're mods but not a mod. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does. I have noticed that people have been acting like mods around the forums but they're not a mod. I think they should really just stop cause we have a lot of mods and they do their job excellently. If you really want to help out just apply for mod or drop this act please. It's annoying (for me atleast). It's like that one kid in your school who acts like a hall monitor or just acts like he's apart of enforcing the rules. Let's be honest here, that one kid is rather annoying (Sorry if you're that kid but this might be wakeup call). An example of that I have is during my Outdoor Ed class we had to do fitness training. One of the things we had to do is Muscle Endurance so we would so how many situps we can do in a minute. Me and my friend go and we're barely using our arms (They're moving from the upswing of the situp). We weren't allowed to pump our arms to help us out. This little rat goes to the teacher and tells on us thinking that he's doing good. He got nothing accomplished. It's ok to help but please don't imitate mods, it's not your job.

Another point, the rule breaker is less likely to respect/follow your request since you're not a mod.
I know I'll get flack for this but it's my opinion so yeah.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I really enjoy these forums but one thing bugs the hell out of me. People acting like they're mods but not a mod. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does. I have noticed that people have been acting like mods around the forums but they're not a mod. I think they should really just stop cause we have a lot of mods and they do their job excellently. If you really want to help out just apply for mod or drop this act please. It's annoying (for me atleast). It's like that one kid in your school who acts like a hall monitor or just acts like he's apart of enforcing the rules. Let's be honest here, that one kid is rather annoying (Sorry if you're that kid but this might be wakeup call). An example of that I have is during my Outdoor Ed class we had to do fitness training. One of the things we had to do is Muscle Endurance so we would so how many situps we can do in a minute. Me and my friend go and we're barely using our arms (They're moving from the upswing of the situp). We weren't allowed to pump our arms to help us out. This little rat goes to the teacher and tells on us thinking that he's doing good. He got nothing accomplished. It's ok to help but please don't imitate mods, it's not your job.

Another point, the rule breaker is less likely to respect/follow your request since you're not a mod.
I know I'll get flack for this but it's my opinion so yeah.
The dank memers of the community have made a name for these mod-wanna-bes.

mini-mods

and yes, its annoying, but all the mods love it so its sadly staying.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Its 100 percent ok to reinforce the rules. I don't see the problem even though it can get annoying. Haha

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand your point and tbh ( I hate those know it alls at school ). But I mean some people just really want to be heplful and active on the forums to then get moderator. I am not saying your opinion is incorrect or correct but keep that in mind. I don't know if you ever applied but some reasons mods get denied ( snr staff write in when they respond ) is that they have to be more active on forums so maybe this is what they are doing. So don't get too mad at them :) They just want to be helpful.

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
I understand your point and tbh ( I hate those know it alls at school ). But I mean some people just really want to be heplful and active on the forums to then get moderator. I am not saying your opinion is incorrect or correct but keep that in mind. I don't know if you ever applied but some reasons mods get denied ( snr staff write in when they respond ) is that they have to be more active on forums so maybe this is what they are doing. So don't get too mad at them :) They just want to be helpful.
nah i use to be a try hard to suck up to sr mods but everyone hated me so i want to shine the light of knowledge on others

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
But I mean some people just really want to be heplful and active on the forums to then get moderator.
Exactly, they are only doing it to get mod, which makes it that much more annoying. Back in the day, you wouldn't purposely try to get attention, it would just happen.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Coming from the position of a moderator, sometimes I find it helpful, whereas sometimes I'll be more in the position of "Hey, move over, that's my job." All in all, I have no problem with those who want to help and enforce the rules as long as they don't "cross the line" per se.

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
Exactly, they are only doing it to get mod, which makes it that much more annoying. Back in the day, you wouldn't purposely try to get attention, it would just happen.
They're not doing it on purpouse, they're doing whats needed to become mod in some cases.
nah i use to be a try hard to suck up to sr mods but everyone hated me so i want to shine the light of knowledge on others
Yeah, but not all of them ''suck up'', some just need these extra creds to get mod, and well some the other, but its fine its fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lis

Career
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with wanting to help out the community. Now, there are some people who cross the line. That's where it can get annoying, in my opinion. But if it's just enforcing the rules, or helping out someone ~ there is nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci