• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mods but not mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Apparently now helping people on a internet forums is seen as "tryharding for mod" or "mini-modding." Ever sit down and think that sometimes people just sit down and respond to threads in a helpful manner just to help someone? It's pretty sad to me.

Responding to a thread explaining contacting support or how advertising is against the rules is fine. If they're helping staff and the community, who cares why they do it? I personally try to give a good response to people so they don't have to spam the staff and they don't have to wait for another hour for a moderator to respond...

K

KiDD

I see where you're coming from....yeah it can be a bit annoying at times. Still, nothing wrong with trying to help out.

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
sure it's alright to help out but if that's all you're 24/7 it's annoying. just apply for mod already and stop sucking up

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I only have a problem with it if they practically have a document full of responses and just copy paste them all over the forums. At least have the decency to write something players will be comfortable with.

If I find a rule being broken, I'll usually just tag a mod and let them do the talking.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Some people go to far and it can be really annoying especially when they act like they are above everyone else. However I don't mind at all when people are just trying to help out... don't see the problem with that :3

MomSaysDressWarm

Survivor
Reaction score
if someone asks for help i dont mind if someone helps them out but it's bad when they respond to rule breakers and stuff, a mod can handle it

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
sure it's alright to help out but if that's all you're 24/7 it's annoying. just apply for mod already and stop sucking up
Don't you see what people have been saying though, sometimes they have already applied for mod, and it's a requirement to be active on the forums and in game and show a good attitude and help people, that's what mods do, so when you've applied for mod that's what you need to do.. becoming a mod isn't as easy as just applying, you need to prove yourself worthy of that position.
Also I don't see the issue with people wanting to help correct the rule breakers..
at least the "mini-mods" as you call them know the rules and aren't breaking them
If people stopped breaking the rules there wouldn't be a need for them to correct it :)

But that's just my opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci