• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mods calm down yeah?

You guys agree?

• Total voters

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
The problem is that any criticism that is not liked by the staff will get you in trouble, regardless of whether or not it is true. When someone criticizes some mod comes out and says that they have a life and that they choose to sacrifice their time for the community.

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The problem is that any criticism that is not liked by the staff will get you in trouble, regardless of whether or not it is true. When someone criticizes some mod comes out and says that they have a life and that they choose to sacrifice their time for the community.
And thats why this thread is the choosen one, criticise mods all you want it won't get locked ! (unless you rage ofcourse)

Reaction score
Something that really bothers me about moderators on the forums (well some anyways) is when a thread is locked for "possible flame war" yet no flaming has been committed. Please, if you're going to lock something, don't lock it on a possibility.
I'm yet to lock a thread for flame :p When I see a thread that can easily be flamed on ("All baccas team" or 'Long opinionated post on MCSG' or "Who's your favorite ___") I usually just post a warning on the thread saying, "This thread is a possible candidate for flame, at the first sign of flaming/arguing this thread will be locked or flame post will be deleted". If a thread is legitimate, and doesn't deserved to be closed, it's better to try to handle the flame than to immediately close it.
Closing it just because there might be flame is silly.

Helloguyz

Spectator
Reaction score
A moderater banned me for an hour bacause I said "I love caps.". Why did he do that?

Reaction score
A moderater banned me for an hour bacause I said "I love caps.". Why did he do that?
Was the statement in caps? Did the moderator recently give someone a warning for using caps? Either reason could have lead to this. I also can't think of a legitimate reason to say I love caps, besides trolling or disrespecting a mod directly.

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There's a certain mod who has come to dislike me and accuse me of hacking/better sprint modding. Now everytime he sees me ingame, he posts messages about not hacking and how cheaters will be caught and punished. I've tested that it's my presence as well. I had some friends in a lobby before me and he was fine. Then after I join, "Reminder to all players, hacking in any forms is NOT allowed on the MCSG servers." He stares at me during pregame (probably trying to record me) "Players hacking will be caught and banned :)" He dies mid-game and I'm one of the remaining six or so tributes so he uses global to announce "Better Sprint is not allowed on these servers." After my death, he leaves.

Like are you kidding me? I quit so it doesn't matter much anymore but staff need to get rid of their grudges if they're going to be moderating the servers. I've found that some also take sides while looking at the forums. I won't name them for possible harasssment, but a few probably know who I'm talking about.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
There's a certain mod who has come to dislike me and accuse me of hacking/better sprint modding. Now everytime he sees me ingame, he posts messages about not hacking and how cheaters will be caught and punished. I've tested that it's my presence as well. I had some friends in a lobby before me and he was fine. Then after I join, "Reminder to all players, hacking in any forms is NOT allowed on the MCSG servers." He stares at me during pregame (probably trying to record me) "Players hacking will be caught and banned :)" He dies mid-game and I'm one of the remaining six or so tributes so he uses global to announce "Better Sprint is not allowed on these servers." After my death, he leaves.

Like are you kidding me? I quit so it doesn't matter much anymore but staff need to get rid of their grudges if they're going to be moderating the servers. I've found that some also take sides while looking at the forums. I won't name them for possible harasssment, but a few probably know who I'm talking about.
If you really feel harassed by a moderator, join our TeamSpeak server at ts.mcsg.in and contact either Bicentennial_Man, Col_StaR or a Senior Staff member and they will sort everything either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci