• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mods calm down yeah?

You guys agree?

• Total voters

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
The point of this thread is just to kinda remind you mods that you have an image to uphold:)
I'm so happy you said this. I don't think a lot of mods understand how much of an impact they make on every player. I don't mean this in a bad way because that's what growing means. I believe people grow into this trait of making people feel "loved"??(can't think of an appropriate word)

I certainly would have never thought that people enjoyed my videos (keep in mind I barely have any subscribers) but when I go into a server and people notice me its an awesome feeling. I feel like I'm providing a good service to the community by creating videos that are real and showing simple things such as I don't cheat and I'm not rude to others playing. When I see a mod in game and they get bombarded with questions and I see them replying back it makes me happy. Because that person on the other side of the screen feels welcomed. I think people are forgetting that this community is known for its friendliness. At least that's what I remember when I first joined.

I know this is kind of off topic from your main point, but I really do appreciate you pointing this out.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
When a thread like this happens, and everyone is on-board, I don't really see the senior staff trying to help mods fix this or anything.
Well, you wouldn't. We don't publicly announce that a staff member has made a mistake, or whatever, we work with the staff member in question to correctly follow the procedures and make sure they don't make the same mistake again.

There's a certain mod who has come to dislike me and accuse me of hacking/better sprint modding.\
If you felt that a staff member was abusing their powers/harassing you... why did you not come to the senior staff, or a community manager? It's because people don't tell us that we don't know about things like this, as you know we can't be everywhere and read every single thread, but if you contact one of us directly then we can actually do something about it.

Also, in regards to the general topic of this thread: The reason thread are locked for flame wars is because some (I know not all) are deliberately posted to cause them. Yes, some threads may say that it is not their intent, but then proceeds to slam certain players, staff, etc which of course is going to create a heated response. It is those sorts of threads that are locked. Threads on controversial topics, such as this one, we would like to keep open, and usually do. But if they threaten to turn nasty, or have already, that's when they are locked.

We don't mind criticism, if it's constructive. You might not have thought of it from a staff perspective: we get bombarded with hate, swearing, racial abuse, all kinds of abuse, targeted most games, insulted. Pick a profanity, and I will have been called it, despite trying my best to be a kind person and make the game enjoyable for everyone. So I can see some staff's point of locking such threads: they are faced by this when they do their job, and then on the forums they find threads about staff not doing their job right, so lock it in order to prevent further discussion (just an example).

I'm not defending mods who do lock threads in suspect of a "flame war starting" (Well, maybe I am. Because our staff team is amazing, and do a great job.)nor denying or knocking down your thread, but adding a Senior Staff perspective in this as well as trying to provide you with some things to think about. But, basically, if you feel a mod may be a bit too sensitive about such threads, or are doing other things you don't think they should be doing, you can always message myself or another member of the senior staff team. We're not (too) scary, and we'll take the time to listen to you and are happy to help. (I like getting messages :3)

Cobrastyles

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, you wouldn't. We don't publicly announce that a staff member has made a mistake, or whatever, we work with the staff member in question to correctly follow the procedures and make sure they don't make the same mistake again.

If you felt that a staff member was abusing their powers/harassing you... why did you not come to the senior staff, or a community manager? It's because people don't tell us that we don't know about things like this, as you know we can't be everywhere and read every single thread, but if you contact one of us directly then we can actually do something about it.

Also, in regards to the general topic of this thread: The reason thread are locked for flame wars is because some (I know not all) are deliberately posted to cause them. Yes, some threads may say that it is not their intent, but then proceeds to slam certain players, staff, etc which of course is going to create a heated response. It is those sorts of threads that are locked. Threads on controversial topics, such as this one, we would like to keep open, and usually do. But if they threaten to turn nasty, or have already, that's when they are locked.

We don't mind criticism, if it's constructive. You might not have thought of it from a staff perspective: we get bombarded with hate, swearing, racial abuse, all kinds of abuse, targeted most games, insulted. Pick a profanity, and I will have been called it, despite trying my best to be a kind person and make the game enjoyable for everyone. So I can see some staff's point of locking such threads: they are faced by this when they do their job, and then on the forums they find threads about staff not doing their job right, so lock it in order to prevent further discussion (just an example).

I'm not defending mods who do lock threads in suspect of a "flame war starting" (Well, maybe I am. Because our staff team is amazing, and do a great job.)nor denying or knocking down your thread, but adding a Senior Staff perspective in this as well as trying to provide you with some things to think about. But, basically, if you feel a mod may be a bit too sensitive about such threads, or are doing other things you don't think they should be doing, you can always message myself or another member of the senior staff team. We're not (too) scary, and we'll take the time to listen to you and are happy to help. (I like getting messages :3)

If every mod was as composed as Leo :)

On a serious note, my original point was not that much the locking of threads, but just more of be open to criticism and uphold the image of MCSG. I feel like if they cannot keep their composure over Internet criticism, they should not be mods. It's the Internet after all, there's baccas and there's idiots and anything you can find, we can't let It affect us too much.

As for locking threads, I just feel it's a forum and there's too many threads that are locked way too fast. I just want a little breathing room. It's a forum, isn't it for discussion? I do understand locking threads that just plainly insult mods.

Anyways thank for taking the time to even read all the feedback. I'm Just hoping and praying this thread doesn't go out of hand:)

Reactions: Le0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci