• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mojang's Minecraft EULA and how it affects our servers

X

xDarkMC

This just made my thread about a suggestion absolutely pointless xD

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Doesn't techinically giving donors extra votes giving them an advantage over other players? As far as I can see, essentially the only way to make money off of Minecraft servers is through cosmetic items and donor priority.

Personally I think this announcement is idiotic. Due to the nature of some servers, many will end up having to completely shut down. And as mentioned by the Mineplex owner (whose server very much is not pay to play, for the most part the kits are balanced), developers will now spend the majority of their time developing cosmetic items etc, rather than making new minigames.

The only actual game I've seen that completely uses only cosmetic items to pay for itself is Dota 2. But that said, Dota gets millions of players every month. They have a community large enough to support the costs, smaller sub-communities in Minecraft will not, especially the little guys.

Tryhard_Batman

Diamond
Reaction score
As this may affect other servers, I now have more reasons to play MCGamer more then any other servers! #Logic!11!!ONE!!!

Zhaleon

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks Chad! I wasn't too worried, because you guys are the best, but thank you for clearing it up!

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
The level of stupidity and ignorance in the comments of that petition really make me cringe.... Especially when the first centence of the petition is "You're not allowed to earn money with Minecraft.", fact which has been proven not to be true a while ago...

All this situation with the EULA has proven to me that when minecraft dies, it will be because of its own fanbase... I say when minecraft dies simply for the fact that nothing lasts forever, and especially popularity... Just look at some of the MMOS out there... they are not even clsoe to how popular they were before.

(With this by no means Im saying Minecraft will completely left off by everyone, Im just saying its popularity is bound to decrease one day)

jasminevaughn12

Spectator
Reaction score
It's great to hear that the server won't be directly affected, but it will be interesting to see what networks are affected by this.. but, if u cold help me put, im not able to play the game anymore it wont let me click on the server i want. :( my email is [email protected] , please help me out and please email me
directions, i really love this game and would love to play more so please help me out!!!:confused:

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't know if this feature is still instated, but wouldn't the extra points that sponsors get from donating breach the EULA? Or is that no longer a feature?

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
Points or "Bounties" are not used to change in-game playing and purely cosmetic. We only consider this as a system to tell who is being active and skill levels. The sponsor system indeed can buy items to give to another player in-game, however free players have the same way to get the points. We are still reviewing this one area, but still seem to be immune to the EULA. We will make necessary changes if needed which really isn't a major change at all.
I think we should remove bounty and sponsors and make points skill based again with no donor point boosts so that points actually matter and show a players skill level, it would make for more competition and encourage people to play but the points would have to e reset. That shouldn't be a big deal though because of the points glitch. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci