• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My "Constructive Criticism"

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello everybody! So in spite of recent tragedy (the previous post getting locked) I decided to bring back this thread. A plethora of staff members were looking for constructive criticism so I am going to articulate what I think is the best solution and optimal path to success.

I am going to begin by addressing previous posts that I was unable to reply to.

"We do have an anti-cheat, however keep in mind an anti-cheat is a machine, not a person. It doesn't have logic or reasoning. It just files a ban when certain boxes are checked."
Wrong.

"This creates problems that are unforeseeable for a machine. The results are hundreds of people getting falsely banned."
Your system? Yes. Badlion's? No.

"Which means hundreds of ban disputes and hundreds of headaches for us. So the anti-cheat is toned down a little which means more hackers. No anti-cheat is perfect. Of course our anti-cheat makes mistakes. There will always be a new hack that is undetectable."

Before you start talking about "undetectable" stuff just patch Huzuni please since right now that's literally "undetectable"

"I will admit there is a problem with ghost clients but I can tell if someone is using a ghost client but I can't say other moderators can."

I know people who have hacked on here for literally months straight using a ghost client and NOTHING has happened and NOTHING will happen.

"I'm so sick of hearing Badlion devs as these godlike people come to earth to show every developer they're bad at their job. "

I linked that to Archybot on twitter let's see what he says. Anyway I'm a little concerned when I hear that speed hacks don't even have a check yet.

Here is an oversimplified model of what you should do (constructive criticism)
1) Understand how hacks work
2) Improve the staff questions when applying - ask more difficult questions about cheating
3) Start off with an autoclicker pattern detection and go from there
4) Profit

Last edited:

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am very sorry sir your thread will be locked do to flame. Stop insulting the staff !!!! Our server is very good stop complaining god.
STOP DOGING THE STAFF OMG WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???
;)

Reaction score
<snip>
Agreed. With such an influx of ghost clients and autoclickers and many hard-to-detect, we need more moderators who can identify them. I'm not bashing the current staff team, but some of them just aren't experienced enough to tell the difference.

All I can do is hope

Last edited by a moderator:

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed. With such an influx of ghost clients and autoclickers and many hard-to-detect, we need more moderators who can identify them. I'm not bashing the current staff team, but some of them just aren't experienced enough to tell the difference.

All I can do is hope
I have been here since 2012 and watched this server evolve. Not just the server evolved, hacked clients evolve as well. With all these new clients I feel as if new moderators don't know what to look for and just look for Kill Aura.

Reaction score
I have been here since 2012 and watched this server evolve. Not just the server evolved, hacked clients evolve as well. With all these new clients I feel as if new moderators don't know what to look for and just look for Kill Aura.
Yep. Our current staff team would be perfect in early 2013 when clients werent as sophisticated as they are now. Honestly, there needs to be some sort of hack identification part of mod applications. At this point that and the anti cheat are our two most pressing issues I feel.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
Yep. Our current staff team would be perfect in early 2013 when clients werent as sophisticated as they are now. Honestly, there needs to be some sort of hack identification part of mod applications. At this point that and the NCP are our two most pressing issues I feel.
Anti Cheat***

NCP was a type of anti cheat that was leaked and that was how clients were able to bypass it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci