• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My "Constructive Criticism"

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes but from what I've heard, the process of learning how to observe hacks is outdated and not useful anymore. Someone like yourself can't possibly deny that there is a problem with clients and such. There needs to be some sort of improved training on spotting harder to identify clients. Also, I can assure you that you can't speak for you entire staff team in that some mods just don't get it...
Recently, our "Hacker Identification Training" became required, now at some point within the first few weeks of being a Mod / whenever one is hosted, you are required to attend and partake in a 1.5 hour long hacker identification training. I've been to 3 of them myself, and trust me, once you get out of one of those, you know exactly what hacks look like and what hacks don't look like. I think I can speak for all the Mod's who have attended one of those trainings, and even a lot that haven't attended one yet - they are helpful.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on going into detail but I'm going to make a quick point here and say this.. Our developers have scheduled hours they work, they work hard at what they do and as someone who has never worked for the mcgamer development team you are really in no position to make judgment on what they have to work with.

As for the staff, sure there could be some improvements in the hacker identification training we get but I think you're forgetting that there will always be times where we aren't so sure on something, as staff we want to avoid punishing someone who may not be hacking, therefore it would class as insufficient evidence and we would look to gain more.. there will always be undetectable clients and new ones will be released all the time, instead of blaming us for not being able to look in every server for these hackers, how about the community steps up and starts submitting more report abuses.. that section has always been there and I see a lot of people complaining but I never see them report a player for hacking.
Take a stand and show some initiative in the community.. and if you feel you could do better at banning hackers and identifying, feel free to apply for staff and show us what you can do.

We're only human, we're not perfect but we try our best.. I think people forget that we aren't robots sometimes and that we make mistakes or that sometimes we just don't see something you see.

As for the community, if they choose to leave that's their decision but we have more and more unique players joining every day and regardless of whether people leave, our dedicated players will always be around.. we're here to please the people who still choose to stick with us. Comparing us to another network will not motivate us to change.. there are a lot of things I personally could mention about these other networks but im not going to cause flame.. just keep in mind no one is perfect.

Thank you for your criticism though, im sure someone will take it into consideration.

Have a fantastic day on the mcgamer network :)

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not sure what adding additional questions to the moderator process has to do with anything? All our Moderator's can sense proper hacks, and yes, some mistakes do slip through but those are always pardoned, so it's not that big of a deal.
REALLY?

ay lmao I know like three people who slipped by the appeal system and got unbanned l0l

Atu

Career
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on going into detail but I'm going to make a quick point here and say this.. Our developers have scheduled hours they work, they work hard at what they do and as someone who has never worked for the mcgamer development team you are really in no position to make judgment on what they have to work with.

As for the staff, sure there could be some improvements in the hacker identification training we get but I think you're forgetting that there will always be times where we aren't so sure on something, as staff we want to avoid punishing someone who may not be hacking, therefore it would class as insufficient evidence and we would look to gain more.. there will always be undetectable clients and new ones will be released all the time, instead of blaming us for not being able to look in every server for these hackers, how about the community steps up and starts submitting more report abuses.. that section has always been there and I see a lot of people complaining but I never see them report a player for hacking.
Take a stand and show some initiative in the community.. and if you feel you could do better at banning hackers and identifying, feel free to apply for staff and show us what you can do.

We're only human, we're not perfect but we try our best.. I think people forget that we aren't robots sometimes and that we make mistakes or that sometimes we just don't see something you see.

As for the community, if they choose to leave that's their decision but we have more and more unique players joining every day and regardless of whether people leave, our dedicated players will always be around.. we're here to please the people who still choose to stick with us. Comparing us to another network will not motivate us to change.. there are a lot of things I personally could mention about these other networks but im not going to cause flame.. just keep in mind no one is perfect.

Thank you for your criticism though, im sure someone will take it into consideration.

I understand where your coming from but as stated in the thread if a network that is roughly as popular as this one, can use 2 devs to code an anticheat infinitely better than the one used on mcgamer right now, there must be something out dev team can do in 1 day.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I applied 9 times, wrote 3000 words each app, I've been in the community since January 2014 and got denied each one.

May try to reapply soon

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand where your coming from but as stated in the thread if a network that is roughly as popular as this one, can use 2 devs to code an anticheat infinitely better than the one used on mcgamer right now, there must be something out dev team can do in 1 day.
I think you're forgetting we dont have a whole dev team..

Atu

Career
Reaction score
I think you're forgetting we dont have a whole dev team..
A team is a group of people working together there are at least 5 devs. These devs can easily code an anticheat of they were given basic functions of the cheats. However, I guarantee, no sr mod or admin even knows how to find a ghostclient. That is the problem. You can be a good communal staff member but no offence you would be the type of person that would side with StrawberryJam after he blatantly uses timer in his video.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
A team is a group of people working together there are at least 5 devs. These devs can easily code an anticheat of they were given basic functions of the cheats. However, I guarantee, no sr mod or admin even knows how to find a ghostclient. That is the problem. You can be a good communal staff member but no offence you would be the type of person that would side with StrawberryJam after he blatantly uses timer in his video.
We have 2 active devs that work on different time schedules.. so please get your facts straight before harassing us about how our dev team works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci