• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Opinion on MCSG (My Community Story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
Before anyone starts flaming/complaining/ranting: this is just to express my opinion, not start a flame war.
If you have an opinion, voice it. Don't flame, don't say that my opinion is stupid. I'm trying to be as civil about this as possible, without trying to create such an arise of the community to the point where people are banned and muted.

Last edited:

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Before anyone starts flaming/complaining/ranting, just note that this is not up for debate. This is just to express my opinion, not start a flame war.
If you have an opinion, voice it. Don't argue, don't flame, don't say that my opinion is stupid. I'm trying to be as civil about this as possible, without trying to create such an arise of the community to the point where people are banned and muted.
Why post your opinion if you then say that there cant be a calm debate on it?
Opinions have to be respected, but by no means that means they cant be argued over. You are basically saying "I think this way, deal with it."

I you didnt want to have at least a conversation on the topic then you shouldnt have made a thread about it.

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
Why post your opinion if you then say that there cant be a calm debate on it?
Opinions have to be respected, but by no means that means they cant be argued over. You are basically saying "I think this way, deal with it."

I you didnt want to have at least a conversation on the topic then you shouldnt have made a thread about it.
I never said that they couldn't be argued over. I never said any of that (well I kind of did).

What I mean by this is: try not to flame too much. I don't want innocents getting in trouble for just simply replying on a negative thread.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I never said that they couldn't be argued over. I never said any of that (well I kind of did).

What I mean by this is: try not to flame too much. I don't want innocents getting in trouble for just simply replying on a negative thread.
I understand that, but that " just note that this is not up for debate." shouldnt have been in that sentence then.

As I said, for now, this is being civil, lets try to keep it that way, and that no flame comes around.

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
I understand that, but that " just note that this is not up for debate." shouldnt have been in that sentence then.

As I said, for now, this is being civil, lets try to keep it that way, and that no flame comes around.
Changed the post.

Hazzy16

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If it bothers you so much, then just go onto a different server >.< How simple was that solution?

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Before anyone starts flaming/complaining/ranting, just note that this is not up for debate. This is just to express my opinion, not start a flame war.
If you have an opinion, voice it. Don't argue, don't flame, don't say that my opinion is stupid. I'm trying to be as civil about this as possible, without trying to create such an arise of the community to the point where people are banned and muted.
If this is not up for debate, why did you make a public thread that anyone can reply to with what seems like the full intention, and full knowledge of upsetting people?

You have the right to freedom of speech, but that shouldn't be your go-to excuse when someone else has something to say about your opinion. We all have the freedom of speech, and the freedom to disagree. Having the freedom of speech is not the same as having the freedom to be blatant with an opinion, and expecting nobody else to have their own.

Anyway, to comment on some of the points you've made:

Allowing BSM:
First, to address your immediate ten-minute ban- that is the warning you said you wished you would've gotten. Being caught using the mod in-game would've resulted in a one-week ban, followed by a permanent ban if you would've been caught a second time.

Allowing BSM, your main point, will not happen. Though it's one of the less 'harmless' mods to use on the servers, it gives an unfair advantage. The idea of MCSG's PVP is to keep all of the client-side PVP aspects vanilla- in other words, playing with no mods to give you any advantage. Installing a mod to help you with sprinting is completely taking away from the vanilla-PVP aspect. You can argue that everyone can install the mod, but even still, that's not the idea of the servers. The idea of the servers is to completely base every aspect of PVP off of skill, and by installing mods to change the way you play. Everyone can install any mod with a little help, so does that mean we should allow nodus, too?

Lag in the hub
This is a definite issue, and it's been expressed by many people, however, ironically enough, a new hub is being worked on as we speak, and should be pushed to the servers soon. *hooray* :p

New hub:

More mini games
We are actually receiving a number of new mini games within a few months, as we are merging with the AntVenom network.

These mini games include:

Party Time: This game is played with up to four players. It includes lots of fun mini-games in one mini-game, and the objective is to win the most points throughout all the mini-games played.

Leaderboard Survival: This mini-game is based on Survival, where it has you trying to come out on top in a category (e.g most mobs killed, most ores collected). It tends to become very competitive.

Deadly Descent: This is currently one of our most popular games, due to it's simplicity, but at the same time, hard to master (like Flappy Birds). This games has you trying to get to the bottom, without trying to die from taking fall damage.

Rocket Rumble: This game has you blasting people with rockets, trying to hit them and dealing damage (each rocket deals 1 heart of damage - you only have 3 hearts). Also includes multiple classes, such as Triple Damage, absorption etc.

Color Zone: This game has you trying to hit players that are standing on the same color as you. You can make the ground your color by using your egg, then by hitting them with your gun (this game has different classes and changes your gun).

Survival Bingo: This game was introduced at a later stage on the server. Taken off the popular Minecraft game "Minecraft Bingo", the server took this game and revamped it, so that it includes custom objectives and classes that aid you in completing your row of objectives. First one to complete their row, wins!

Hungry Games: The most recent game on our server, this game is taken off the widely known "Survival Games" and again, revamped by our server. In many ways, it is unique to "Survival Games", as you need TO CRAFT EVERYTHING. For example, you need 2 cobblestone and 1 stick to make a Stone Sword. You cannot get a Stone Sword out of a chest directly. Another feature, you have 20 hearts in the game and you carry around a portable crafting bench and a portable furnace to cook up your food. Another unique feature: "The Infection". This damages the player if near it. This insures that there is no camping. Last one alive, wins (may the odds be in your favor).

You can test them out on the AntVenom server (mc.antvenom.com), if you'd like to see what's coming soon :)

Broken plugins
The plugins are constantly being worked on by the development staff. They improve them constantly, and work out bugs just as frequently.

If you ever encounter bugs, you can report the bugs here, so the development team knows what needs to be fixed :)

In the end, these are all completely valid opinions that you've mentioned. I hope I was able to answer them as best as I could, and hopefully, the new mini games and hub will help keep your interest in MCSG :)

Also, as a notice to everyone- please keep this civil. I will be editing and deleting posts as necessary, so if you plan on being blatantly rude, don't bother :p

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
If this is not up for debate, why did you make a public thread that anyone can reply to with what seems like the full intention, and full knowledge of upsetting people?

You have the right to freedom of speech, but that shouldn't be your go-to excuse when someone else has something to say about your opinion. We all have the freedom of speech, and the freedom to disagree. Having the freedom of speech is not the same as having the freedom to be blatant with an opinion, and expecting nobody else to have their own.

Allowing BSM:
First, to address your immediate ten-minute ban- that is the warning you said you wished you would've gotten. Being caught using the mod in-game would've resulted in a one-week ban, followed by a permanent ban if you would've been caught a second time.

Allowing BSM, your main point, will not happen. Though it's one of the less 'harmless' mods to use on the servers, it gives an unfair advantage. The idea of MCSG's PVP is to keep all of the client-side PVP aspects vanilla- in other words, playing with no mods to give you any advantage. Installing a mod to help you with sprinting is completely taking away from the vanilla-PVP aspect. You can argue that everyone can install the mod, but even still, that's not the idea of the servers. The idea of the servers is to completely base every aspect of PVP off of skill, and by installing mods to change the way you play. Everyone can install any mod with a little help, so does that mean we should allow nodus, too?

Lag in the hub
This is a definite issue, and it's been expressed by many people, however, ironically enough, a new hub is being worked on as we speak, and should be pushed to the servers soon. *hooray* :p

New hub:

More mini games
We are actually receiving a number of new mini games within a few months, as we are merging with the AntVenom network.

Party Time: This game is played with up to four players. It includes lots of fun mini-games in one mini-game, and the objective is to win the most points throughout all the mini-games played.

Leaderboard Survival: This mini-game is based on Survival, where it has you trying to come out on top in a category (e.g most mobs killed, most ores collected). It tends to become very competitive.

Deadly Descent: This is currently one of our most popular games, due to it's simplicity, but at the same time, hard to master (like Flappy Birds). This games has you trying to get to the bottom, without trying to die from taking fall damage.

Rocket Rumble: This game has you blasting people with rockets, trying to hit them and dealing damage (each rocket deals 1 heart of damage - you only have 3 hearts). Also includes multiple classes, such as Triple Damage, absorption etc.

Color Zone: This game has you trying to hit players that are standing on the same color as you. You can make the ground your color by using your egg, then by hitting them with your gun (this game has different classes and changes your gun).

Survival Bingo: This game was introduced at a later stage on the server. Taken off the popular Minecraft game "Minecraft Bingo", the server took this game and revamped it, so that it includes custom objectives and classes that aid you in completing your row of objectives. First one to complete their row, wins!

Hungry Games: The most recent game on our server, this game is taken off the widely known "Survival Games" and again, revamped by our server. In many ways, it is unique to "Survival Games", as you need TO CRAFT EVERYTHING. For example, you need 2 cobblestone and 1 stick to make a Stone Sword. You cannot get a Stone Sword out of a chest directly. Another feature, you have 20 hearts in the game and you carry around a portable crafting bench and a portable furnace to cook up your food. Another unique feature: "The Infection". This damages the player if near it. This insures that there is no camping. Last one alive, wins (may the odds be in your favor).

You can test them out on the AntVenom server (mc.antvenom.com), if you'd like to see what's coming soon :)

Broken plugins
The plugins are constantly being worked on by the development staff. They improve them constantly, and work out bugs just as frequently.

If you ever encounter bugs, you can report the bugs here, so the development team knows what needs to be fixed :)

In the end, these are all completely valid opinions that you've mentioned. I hope I was able to answer them as best as I could, and hopefully, the new mini games and hub will help keep your interest in MCSG :)

Also, as a notice to everyone- please keep this civil. I will be editing and deleting posts as necessary, so if you plan on being blatantly rude, don't bother :p
Ok, understood.

Also, I did change the post about saying it's not "up for debate" :/

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I actually agree with the frame droping part. I get around 80-120 on uhc and other PvP servers I play on, but on MCSG, I cant get over 60 on a map like valleyside. This made me quit clans and competative playing in the first place.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

Allowing BSM:

Lag in the hub

New hub:

More mini games

Broken plugins

I think duckluv basically just gg10'ed this thread. There's honestly nothing left to be said, anything else would be re-stating her post.

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
I came on this thread expecting something about the ban system and the MCSG staff. Instead, I find out it is someone complaining about BSM, the hub, and the fact that we don't have mini games. I was not expecting that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci