• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Story (Long)

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
3 months ago today, I told her, "I love you."

The story you are about to read is 100% true. I have told this story to a few people, but I wanted to get this off of my chest completely. I will try to keep it as short and to-the-point as I can.

Near the beginning of this year, I joined the TechnoTundra teamspeak for the first time. I had known most of the people there, those people being Mooclan qwErtyVAsdfghN Zaex and OnlyMathias to name some. Of course there were other people that I had never seen before, and this included a user by the name of "Flossy." Her TeamSpeak picture was herself. She seemed just like a normal girl, one who played MineCraft and League of Legends just like I did.

After a couple of months of knowing her, we found out that we both live in Michigan and in the same county. I also told her the city I lived in, and she said that she was going to one of the middle schools there for choir. It was somewhat interesting to know that someone you had originally met on the internet could be within a 5 minute car drive.

One day on TeamSpeak, when Flossy, a bunch of other users, and I, were talking to each other, the topic of IRL pictures got brought up. I, reluctantly, posted my picture in the chat. In complete honesty, she flipped out. This is what the TeamSpeak chat looked like:

Flossy: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Flossy: YOURE SO ADORABLLEEEEE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3333333333333333333333

I knew there was no way in hell she would have said this to my face, because after talking to her for a while, she seemed very shy.

What happened after this was a series of annoying PM's from her trying to get me to, "like her." That's when I also found out she had an MCSG forums account. I considered just blocking her but she eventually backed off.

I have no idea what was going on through my mind during that time, but I actually started to like talking to her and enjoyed her company. So one day I PM'ed her saying, "Do you actually love me? Because I love you." That is where this whole story started.

We started dating. I had never had a girlfriend before, so I just decided to be myself and see what would happen. I felt really comfortable around her, and she was someone whom I could just talk to and know that she would listen to me. At that point I couldn't imagine being without her.

Some friction started forming between her and Mooclan. It seemed like I had to side either with my girlfriend or my friend whom I've known for over a year. I choose her side. I told Mooclan that we weren't friends anymore, and we didn't talk to each other for a while.

She gave me her phone number and I texted her A LOT. In one month, I sent 2,500 texts to her. My parents started to get suspicious and asked me if she was my girlfriend. I said, "No, we are just friends." I got really scared at that point and was afraid she was going to check my texts. They never did, but it was a really close call.

It was a day before finals. It had been two months since we first started dating, but it had felt like two years. I hadn't studied at all because I was busy texting her. This is when I got the text.

Her: Hey, can you keep a secret?
Me: Of course
Her: I'm a gay male
Me: You are kidding, right?
Her: No, I'm not. I'm really sorry :(

She wasn't kidding either. After that text I'm pretty sure I laid on my bed and cried for an hour. I immediately texted TotalyNotHawk62 and told him everything. I couldn't believe that the girl I thought I loved was all a lie and never existed. After that text, he told me that his real name was Joel. The pictures that he used were of his friend from Canada. He gave me her full name and I messsaged her on Facebook. I haven't gotten a reply. Joel told me that when we were dating, he had also cheated on me twice. He also tried to make me turn bisexual. That got really annoying so I just decided to block him from everything. On Skype he asked me if he could video call me so I could see his real face. I agreed.

When I answered the call he covered most of his face with his hands. He was crying. After less than a minute of not talking he ended the call and I blocked him from Skype. I told everyone about what happened on the TechnoTundra TeamSpeak. I apologized to Mooclan for everything, and we became friends again. Eventually, Joel found out that I told a lot of people and raged at me. He told me that he was the victim and I was the bully. That statement was complete BS. After a couple of weeks of seeing him on the TechnoTundra TeamSpeak, I poked him saying, "Leave and don't come back." It was harsh, but I never wanted to be reminded of those two months that we spent together. I haven't seen him since. Good riddance.

I know a lot of you are going to ask questions about things, so I'm going to answer a few of them right now:
Q: Did he use voice changer?
A: No, his voice was just really high
Q: Why did he do this?
A: When I asked him that, he said, "I just wanted someone to love me"
Q: How did you miss all of the warning signs of this?
A: When you are in love with someone, you want to believe everything they say, even if it is false
Q: Are you gay?
A: No, I'm straight. I never intended to date a male and I never will

So, here I am today. I feel as if I have recovered completely from this, and I personally wanted to thank everyone at the TechnoTundra and Forgotten TeamSpeak (Soul ) for helping me get through this (Also thank you billyguy1 as well).

I'm never dating anyone online again, and to everyone that is currently in an online relationship or wishes to be in one, just know all of the risks involved in it.

Thank you for reading, and I can answer any questions you may have.
-TheRealAussie (Nate)

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I had a similar experience... it didn't go quite as far though, and I never actually truly loved the "girl" I thought I was talking to, I was just interested to see if we could be friends. It happens, don't worry about it ;) just forget about it. It does leave you with a kind of disgusted feeling afterwards though, doesn't it? Lol.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I completely understand your actions- you felt cheated, taken advantage of, etc- but I also feel pretty sorry for Joel. He's obviously got some crippling issues for him to rationalise doing something like that, so I feel you ought to contact him and tell him you forgive him and wish him well, as hard as it may sound.

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
I completely understand your actions- you felt cheated, taken advantage of, whatever- but I also feel pretty sorry for Joel. He's obviously got some crippling issues for him to rationalise doing something like that, so I feel you ought to contact him and tell him you forgive him and wish him well, as hard as it may sound.
He hasn't been on anything in a while, but I think he knows that I "forgive him."

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I would write something super emotional here but we're both in TeamSpeak right now so I can't really do that. XD

Edit:
Concerning "Flossy", or Joel: Yes, there was a lot of friction between us. I was actually the person who first gave him the TeamSpeak IP, and introduced him to everyone. We met over a server that one of my friends ran, I was the plugin manager/head administrator, and Flossy was the next highest Admin. We found out that we both not only played Minecraft, but also League of Legends, and I introduced him (then called a her) to the teamspeak that I usually hung out on, where she/he met Aussie, Zaex, OnlyMathias, and the rest of the crew. Back then we could joke around easily, but later on, we got into debates which eventually started escalating into something much larger.

Last edited:

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
3 months ago today, I told her, "I love you."

The story you are about to read is 100% true. I have told this story to a few people, but I wanted to get this off of my chest completely. I will try to keep it as short and to-the-point as I can.

Near the beginning of this year, I joined the TechnoTundra teamspeak for the first time. I had known most of the people there, those people being Mooclan qwErtyVAsdfghN Zaex and OnlyMathias to name some. Of course there were other people that I had never seen before, and this included a user by the name of "Flossy." Her TeamSpeak picture was herself. She seemed just like a normal girl, one who played MineCraft and League of Legends just like I did.

After a couple of months of knowing her, we found out that we both live in Michigan and in the same county. I also told her the city I lived in, and she said that she was going to one of the middle schools there for choir. It was somewhat interesting to know that someone you had originally met on the internet could be within a 5 minute car drive.

One day on TeamSpeak, when Flossy, a bunch of other users, and I, were talking to each other, the topic of IRL pictures got brought up. I, reluctantly, posted my picture in the chat. In complete honesty, she flipped out. This is what the TeamSpeak chat looked like:

Flossy: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Flossy: YOURE SO ADORABLLEEEEE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3333333333333333333333

I knew there was no way in hell she would have said this to my face, because after talking to her for a while, she seemed very shy.

What happened after this was a series of annoying PM's from her trying to get me to, "like her." That's when I also found out she had an MCSG forums account. I considered just blocking her but she eventually backed off.

I have no idea what was going on through my mind during that time, but I actually started to like talking to her and enjoyed her company. So one day I PM'ed her saying, "Do you actually love me? Because I love you." That is where this whole story started.

We started dating. I had never had a girlfriend before, so I just decided to be myself and see what would happen. I felt really comfortable around her, and she was someone whom I could just talk to and know that she would listen to me. At that point I couldn't imagine being without her.

Some friction started forming between her and Mooclan. It seemed like I had to side either with my girlfriend or my friend whom I've known for over a year. I choose her side. I told Mooclan that we weren't friends anymore, and we didn't talk to each other for a while.

She gave me her phone number and I texted her A LOT. In one month, I sent 2,500 texts to her. My parents started to get suspicious and asked me if she was my girlfriend. I said, "No, we are just friends." I got really scared at that point and was afraid she was going to check my texts. They never did, but it was a really close call.

It was a day before finals. It had been two months since we first started dating, but it had felt like two years. I hadn't studied at all because I was busy texting her. This is when I got the text.

Her: Hey, can you keep a secret?
Me: Of course
Her: I'm a gay male
Me: You are kidding, right?
Her: No, I'm not. I'm really sorry :(

She wasn't kidding either. After that text I'm pretty sure I laid on my bed and cried for an hour. I immediately texted TotalyNotHawk62 and told him everything. I couldn't believe that the girl I thought I loved was all a lie and never existed. After that text, he told me that his real name was Joel. The pictures that he used were of his friend from Canada. He gave me her full name and I messsaged her on Facebook. I haven't gotten a reply. Joel told me that when we were dating, he had also cheated on me twice. He also tried to make me turn bisexual. That got really annoying so I just decided to block him from everything. On Skype he asked me if he could video call me so I could see his real face. I agreed.

When I answered the call he covered most of his face with his hands. He was crying. After less than a minute of not talking he ended the call and I blocked him from Skype. I told everyone about what happened on the TechnoTundra TeamSpeak. I apologized to Mooclan for everything, and we became friends again. Eventually, Joel found out that I told a lot of people and raged at me. He told me that he was the victim and I was the bully. That statement was complete BS. After a couple of weeks of seeing him on the TechnoTundra TeamSpeak, I poked him saying, "Leave and don't come back." It was harsh, but I never wanted to be reminded of those two months that we spent together. I haven't seen him since. Good riddance.

I know a lot of you are going to ask questions about things, so I'm going to answer a few of them right now:
Q: Did he use voice changer?
A: No, his voice was just really high
Q: Why did he do this?
A: When I asked him that, he said, "I just wanted someone to love me"
Q: How did you miss all of the warning signs of this?
A: When you are in love with someone, you want to believe everything they say, even if it is false
Q: Are you gay?
A: No, I'm straight. I never intended to date a male and I never will

So, here I am today. I feel as if I have recovered completely from this, and I personally wanted to thank everyone at the TechnoTundra and Forgotten TeamSpeak (Soul ) for helping me get through this (Also thank you billyguy1 as well).

I'm never dating anyone online again, and to everyone that is currently in an online relationship or wishes to be in one, just know all of the risks involved in it.

Thank you for reading, and I can answer any questions you may have.
-TheRealAussie (Nate)
Omfg. This right here is something so awesome!^ This story is so unbeliavable yet so beliavable, I could totally see this happen! If I could give you a thousand likes, I would. I have so much respect for you, you do not even know, this story is the most touching story I've ever seen to happen on MCSG, and it's even cooler because it's happening in the internet

I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, but I redpect you so much because of this story and this is just mind-blowing

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
He hasn't been on anything in a while, but I think he knows that I "forgive him."
Fair enough, but I'm genuinely concerned about his mental health. If you could make that clear to him by having a heart-to-heart conversation or something it would probably make a world of difference for him. Of course if you don't want to that's perfectly understandable- I've never been in such a situation so I'm in no position to judge.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Fair enough, but I'm genuinely concerned about his mental health. If you could make that clear to him by having a heart-to-heart conversation or something it would probably make a world of difference for him. Of course if you don't want to that's perfectly understandable- I've never been in such a situation so I'm in no position to judge.
After finding out that everyone already knew who he really was, Joel wrote a long message on my profile, borderline harassing me.
Also, they posted this: http://gyazo.com/9a3d55e63c50010272317c8fe6738617
and http://gyazo.com/05bc1cf5a700226655a73440924b23af
So I think it's safe to say that they might have been experiencing some slight signs of depression, unfortunately.
On the other hand, they always seemed to be cheerful (when they weren't yelling at me) so I doubt it lasted for long, but that's just my guess.

S

Sepyz

Damn. I've never dated anyone online, so I'm not too sure what it's like, but this must have been terrible for you.
I personally have nothing wrong with gay people...
...it's just a little weird when they hit on me.
In your situation, it must have been horrible to find out that someone you had feelings for turned out to be someone completely different.
Good luck with anything in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci