• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My take on MCSG's Future. Now.

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score
Another day, another 'MCSG is dying' thread. Ho hum, how original
True tho

I think mcsg is banning all their players aswell iBeat,me (joking about ddosin),and my friend who has been banned multiple times for hacking even tho he wasnt

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
True tho

I think mcsg is banning all their players aswell iBeat,me (joking about ddosin),and my friend who has been banned multiple times for hacking even tho he wasnt
Combined the two posts. In the future, try not to double-post. You may use the edit button found below all your messages. Thanks!

EDIT: Hey, I noticed this was in the wrong section, so I moved it to Community Corner!

Dakotah

Survivor
Reaction score
Another day, another 'MCSG is dying' thread. Ho hum, how original
I don't think you read the thread, the thread didn't state MCG was dying but was declining at it's current state and many things could be fixed. Some of the points they made in the thread was really good and I agree with most of them.

Try not to judge a book by the cover, at first I saw the title and thought the same thing and I wouldn't blame you but, after reading the thread now I see the big picture.

Also, this is not meant to be rude in anyway, I really don't want to start an argument.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
I don't think you read the thread, the thread didn't state MCG was dying but was declining at it's current state and many things could be fixed. Some of the points they made in the thread was really good and I agree with most of them.

Try not to judge a book by the cover, at first I saw the title and thought the same thing and I wouldn't blame you but, after reading the thread now I see the big picture.

Also, this is not meant to be rude in anyway, I really don't want to start an argument.

Catz.

Survivor
Reaction score
the seriousness you have for a block game community is kinda creeping me out, but I've seen worse so I'm just gonna say "I agree?" :3

NotTheRatio

Survivor
Reaction score
MCSG's Future

Hello. I am
unknown.
However, if you do know who I am, please do not expose the information. I am assuming if you do find who I am you have played on this server long enough to understand it is not in the state it was two years ago. We
must
live with that. Something we do not have to live with is this server's structure right now. I made a thread quite a bit ago, trying to reach out to MCSG and help. It seemed they didn't want it. I am willing to try again. It has come to my attention that MCSG has allowed toggle-sneak. Allowing toggle-sneak was something I highly suggested in the past threads I made that were deleted by mods. However, MCSG has not looked at it in a way I have. Most people on MCSG have been using toggle-sneak for a long time now. Let's be real, none of us decided to just turn off toggle-sneak every time they want to play MCSG instead of some other server that does allow it, no. People already use it. MCSG needs to focus on their main game, Survival Games, and not focus on mini-games anymore. I have a list of things that MCSG could and probably should do. Here it is.

- First, Moderator should be way harder to obtain.

- Moderators need to go the extra mile to know what is legit and what is hacks.

- It should not only be something you should probably know how to do, but a must have when it comes to knowing how to screen share. Screen sharing might not be very effective, but I almost guarantee you will have many people from clans who come in TS and ask if someone can screen share a player for them, which will eventually stack up the bans on that because there are so many hackers in the clan community right now.

- Mods need to understand when they apply that they are promising to record all hackers they find, report all bugs and to do anything in any way that they feel could help the servers.

- I know, you paid lots of money for your minigames, but I feel like all mods do is try to promote them. They need to try and promote the Survival Games more than anything else.

- Also, some minigames should be removed. A list of games that should be removed? Here - Zed Chase, UHC Worlds. They aren't played enough. They will never be played. And that, is the cold, hard, truth.

- Replace those minigames with new minigames? No. Leave MCSG Minigames how they are after that.

- Make MCSG more appealing. MCSG's hub is too bland and doesn't have enough stuff in it. Also, the lobby for survival games is no fun to run around in, make it bigger, or, better yet, get a new one. A big, outdoor one. With lots of parkour, mazes, and secrets.

- MCSG Maps, focus on maps that made you popular, like Valleyside, or TSG2 (Teweran 2), or SG4 (Survival Games 4). (Fixing the issues such as stone sword chest, the cake on Highway, etc.)

- Don't just accept random maps for the scenery. Look for good, open areas like football field on Valley, or Airfield on SG4. If you are accepting a map, maybe get some info about what clan players look for in a battle map from your clan staff that is actually in a clan.

- Make clans put up losses, it will cause for a more competitive scene, clans right now can just lose battles left and right and not worry about it, it used to be a big deal when you lost a battle.

- MCSG needs a better anti-cheat. I know they just improved it, but we never get a count on exactly how many hackers get banned, and seeing that people are obviously still hacking in the clan community, it isn't working very well.

I believe that is all I can think of for now, leave suggestions and I might just add them :)

dont ban people for bullsh*t reasons. That's why half of the people quit.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Somewhere, Jusser is rolling his eyes along with me. Stop with these threads, they just restate the same things over and over again.

Reactions: Lis

Omri

Career
Reaction score
I think the MCG Staff team should make a "Hacking test video". Basically it's a video where people are using (With staff knowing) A hacked client/ A Legit client / A ghost client and then the moderator has to say what hacks they are using and if they are using a client/ This will help the staff team with their KNOWLEDGE on Clients and hacking in general.

Omri

Career
Reaction score
True tho

Ddosing is not something to joke About You have every right to be banned.

antojeez

Survivor
Reaction score
Personally, I think Team Elite's lobby should come back. It's really one of the best ones we've had. Either that or the one with Chad's Jarrrrr ship(like the 3rd one ever). Those two were the greatest lobbies we've had. Lots of secrets and a few parkour courses just fun to wait in all around. The one right now feels really cramped and has the dumb archery station that doesnt even do anything. The only secrets is the Sr Staff heads and the builder heads. And seriously, what ever happened to always having library parkour. That really is a dealbreaker for me, it's an iconic part of MCSG for me and I really miss it.
+1

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
I think the MCG Staff team should make a "Hacking test video". Basically it's a video where people are using (With staff knowing) A hacked client/ A Legit client / A ghost client and then the moderator has to say what hacks they are using and if they are using a client/ This will help the staff team with their KNOWLEDGE on Clients and hacking in general.
They already do that.

My comment relating to the post...

In all honesty Chad + Admins need to think up of a new way to re-brand MCSG. Not change it completely but I reckon go back to the old times and not make things too complicated. As soon as they practically took away the feature where you go up and click on the signs, to join a game, it ruined it for me. I know there's SG Classic but it just doesn't feel the same.

In brief...
-They need to Get new HUBs as the current ones aren't that good, they are build well but just they are just a bit bland

-Bring back some older maps to replace the terrible new maps.

-Somehow advertise MCSG to get a new generation of players.

Basically just go back to the old times of 2013/14 where MCSG was the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci