• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My view on Moderators

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
So, The moderation team on MCG these days is what i would like to talk about, A lot of the moderators in the staff team do make flaws in-game most of the time by saying lol or 10, and could risk themselves getting demoted. I think some mods could work on what they say in-game mostly and try not to do it as much. Secondly, i think all moderators should work on moderating different Game-Modes other then the hub i usually see all the mods in hub and sometimes barely any in different games so in all they could all work on that. But i do find each and every one of them a kind person that devotes their own time into the community each day, I also like how some of the mods will kinda multi-task moderating in-game, TS, and forums, I feel not all mods are active on the forums so i feel those who aren't should work on that, spending time in-game and on the website. I really don't have anything more to say other than there are things that all mods can work on and should take the time to do so. Please understand i don't try to come off as offensive to anyone but i am just giving my honest opinion.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
We appreciate the feedback!

I personally disagree with a few of your points, but I appreciate you giving your suggestions & feedback in a kind manner, without raging or cursing at staff as some would.

Last edited:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you said could be improved. However, I know not all mods are nice. My problem is that a lot of them act nice and professional (which I believe they should), but it's a front a lot of the time. Sometimes I enjoy it, they're a lot more down to earth and entertaining than I thought. But sometimes they're simply downright rude.

An issue I've found with mods is that it becomes one big popularity contest. Instead of doing your work quietly and accepting that people won't acknowledge you, some mods go out of their way to be the most liked person the servers have ever known.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't really agree that every moderator should be on the forums. Certain people just don't enjoy doing it, and even though they devoted their time to MCGamer and are expected to do certain things, it's just really hard to do something right if you don't even enjoy doing it at all. I deel like this would create an envorimnent which a lot of errors will be made by the moderators.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I think some mods could work on what they say in-game mostly and try not to do it as much.
We are asked to and expected to behave and not act like that in chat. It may happen, after all, we are human too and we can be just as competitive as everyone else. But if you do see a Moderator breaking the rules (for ex: bypassing the filter, or being rude ingame, etc.) make sure to report them to a Sr Moderator.

i think all moderators should work on moderating different Game-Modes other then the hub i usually see all the mods in hub and sometimes barely any in different games so in all they could all work on that.
We have a lot of staff members that are constantly playing different game modes. Most of the time they are just disguised.
I know from my personal experience. I mostly only play disguised. So you may think there is no Moderator in game, but they could be disguised.

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
Like Tormatic said., I am very very happy that you shared your thoughts about the Moderation Team, in a nice manner, without raging or swearing excessively in your post.

I also with take this into consideration, and will make it one of my Goals to become the best Moderator for this Community.

I am glad to see the Community giving us Feedback kindly, and lets hope this thread doesn't start any flame wars, I will watch it closely.

Thank You for sharing your thoughts!

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
Like Tormatic said., I am very very happy that you shared your thoughts about the Moderation Team, in a nice manner, without raging or swearing excessively in your post.

I also with take this into consideration, and will make it one of my Goals to become the best Moderator for this Community.

I am glad to see the Community giving us Feedback kindly, and lets hope this thread doesn't start any flame wars, I will watch it closely.

Thank You for sharing your thoughts!
<3 thanks for the awesome feedback man <3

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
Firstly, I do appreciate the time and effort mod's donate to the server because there would be no server if they didn't. I just have one small query as to why I frequently see mod's in the hub chatting about their personal lives and often ignoring players questions, or requests to catch a hacker in the act?.
Fair enough if they can't record for one reason or another but at least maybe make an attempt to get someone who can? I understand it promotes good relations between staff and community to chat in the hub at times but not at the cost of professionalism and carrying out your job.
Countless times I have had to pm a mod on the forums or even go to US servers to get one's attention (I'm AU) when there is several mods sitting in the hub on AU and I can see they aren't afk either.
I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just merely an observation, having said all of the above there are many mods who are fantastic and respond as soon as they are available to do so. :)

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
Firstly, I do appreciate the time and effort mod's donate to the server because there would be no server if they didn't. I just have one small query as to why I frequently see mod's in the hub chatting about their personal lives and often ignoring players questions, or requests to catch a hacker in the act?.
Fair enough if they can't record for one reason or another but at least maybe make an attempt to get someone who can? I understand it promotes good relations between staff and community to chat in the hub at times but not at the cost of professionalism and carrying out your job.
Countless times I have had to pm a mod on the forums or even go to US servers to get one's attention (I'm AU) when there is several mods sitting in the hub on AU and I can see they aren't afk either.
I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just merely an observation, having said all of the above there are many mods who are fantastic and respond as soon as they are available to do so. :)
Well said. <3

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
being a former mod and quite a controversial one at that, i see where you're coming from. i found myself countless times lacking motivation to do my job and just downright ignoring people because i didn't feel like doing whatever they asked of me to do, but what scares me is we still have people in the staff team that are just sitting on the rank, yes, they ban kick mute etc, but they do just enough to not set off an activity check on them, so they kind of are on the dl sitting on the rank while still not doing really anything past the required amount of punishments

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
being a former mod and quite a controversial one at that, i see where you're coming from. i found myself countless times lacking motivation to do my job and just downright ignoring people because i didn't feel like doing whatever they asked of me to do, but what scares me is we still have people in the staff team that are just sitting on the rank, yes, they ban kick mute etc, but they do just enough to not set off an activity check on them, so they kind of are on the dl sitting on the rank while still not doing really anything past the required amount of punishments
Wait when did you get demoted/resigned?

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Wait when did you get demoted/resigned?
lol i didn't get demoted, though i'm flattered your first assumption was me getting demoted, but i don't blame you because i was probably going to get demoted once col left anyway because our sr.staff is funny like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci