• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New anticheat update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But if the anti cheat is as good as everyone is saying, these hacks will be banned again straight away
But why would we go through the effort of unbanning hordes of people who are just going to go get themselves banned again?

Juzzy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But why would we go through the effort of unbanning hordes of people who are just going to go get themselves banned again?
Why would they get themselves banned again? That is highly unlikely as they would have learned from their first ban. Many of them dedicated hours every day to this server and the smallest bit of evidence ruined that. I know many banned players, every single one of them knows not to hack in future, especially with the new anti-cheat feature. This idea gives people a second chance, I personally think first offence hacking should not be perm bannable now that the Anti-Cheat is better and the amount of moderators is rising rapidly. You could ask any moderator from AU, they know that people such as myself, RhinoViru5, hs3716 etc. do not hack as they've worked hard on this server and have been banned from unlucky circumstances, so they deserve a second chance. With the hackers who are blatant, we will work together as a community to record evidence and get them banned, too many old players who made MCGamer what it is today and dediacted weeks of their lives are banned for first offence hacking which I believe they deserve a second chance.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Why would they get themselves banned again? That is highly unlikely as they would have learned from their first ban. Many of them dedicated hours every day to this server and the smallest bit of evidence ruined that. I know many banned players, every single one of them knows not to hack in future, especially with the new anti-cheat feature. This idea gives people a second chance, I personally think first offence hacking should not be perm bannable now that the Anti-Cheat is better and the amount of moderators is rising rapidly. You could ask any moderator from AU, they know that people such as myself, RhinoViru5, hs3716 etc. do not hack as they've worked hard on this server and have been banned from unlucky circumstances, so they deserve a second chance. With the hackers who are blatant, we will work together as a community to record evidence and get them banned, too many old players who made MCGamer what it is today and dediacted weeks of their lives are banned for first offence hacking which I believe they deserve a second chance.
The problem is, we have mountains of evidence proving that people again and again have not learned their lesson. For example, Col_StaR did an experiment (back when hacking was a 7 day ban upon first offense) and found out that almost 99% of users banned for hacking first ended up being banned a second time.

It does seem a bit silly that even after being banned once for 7 days and being allowed back on they would go and cheat again, however it's also a bit silly that people, knowing that it's likely they'll be caught and permanently banned, would cheat in the first place.

We do understand there is a solid population of banned players who are willing to learn from their mistakes, but there is a population much, much larger of players who likely won't grasp the concept so if we were to do something like this, it would be on a case-by-case basis as I said before ;)

Juzzy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The problem is, we have mountains of evidence proving that people again and again have not learned their lesson. For example, Col_StaR did an experiment (back when hacking was a 7 day ban upon first offense) and found out that almost 99% of users banned for hacking first ended up being banned a second time.

It does seem a bit silly that even after being banned once for 7 days and being allowed back on they would go and cheat again, however it's also a bit silly that people, knowing that it's likely they'll be caught and permanently banned, would cheat in the first place.

We do understand there is a solid population of banned players who are willing to learn from their mistakes, but there is a population much, much larger of players who likely won't grasp the concept so if we were to do something like this, it would be on a case-by-case basis as I said before ;)
You could try doing a poll for all the players between staff, e.g for AU all the mods vote on whether or not a specific person should be unbanned or something like that

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
As much as I am for forgiveness and second chances, this would not be the way. Instead, I propose that a better, easier forgiveness policy is put into place. I believe that those banned for hacking should have to file a different dispute (not less than 90 days after they were banned) in which they include a full admittance of what they've done and a well-written apology to the community and staff. Those "forgiven" should then be supervised closely by moderators for the weeks thereafter and if they break any MCGamer rule they should be permanently banned without the possibility of forgiveness. After a few weeks of close (not constant) supervision of moderators (and the anti-cheat), they should be allowed to be on the server and be treated like a normal member, getting checked out as normal.

Juzzy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As much as I am for forgiveness and second chances, this would not be the way. Instead, I propose that a better, easier forgiveness policy is put into place. I believe that those banned for hacking should have to file a different dispute (not less than 90 days after they were banned) in which they include a full admittance of what they've done and a well-written apology to the community and staff. Those "forgiven" should then be supervised closely by moderators for the weeks thereafter and if they break any MCGamer rule they should be permanently banned without the possibility of forgiveness. After a few weeks of close (not constant) supervision of moderators (and the anti-cheat), they should be allowed to be on the server and be treated like a normal member, getting checked out as normal.
That actually sounds like a great idea

Reaction score

The thing is, a lot of these people have had 6 months or so to reflect on the actions and probably matured in that time. However in 7 days their mentality wouldn't have changed much at all.

PoetsAUmaybeNZ

Experienced
Reaction score

why would someone get banned and then plot their revenge (waiting 6 months) to come back onto the servers for 1 game to get banned by the new anticheat???

jed is good mineman player ://

N

Nikola

But imagine how many people moderators would have to supervise on even if it wasn't consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci