• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Maps & The Map Committee

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 50/50

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
I like the new maps, but I'll miss the old ones ;-;

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Deception Valley has 83% yes I believe.

To the map committee: Consider all maps. Download and look at them, dont just look at maps that are getting some hype. Its not fair to the other builders.
You think we don't download them? :p My single player worlds come close to crashing my mc because of all the worlds xD

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
Deception Valley has 83% yes I believe.

To the map committee: Consider all maps. Download and look at them, dont just look at maps that are getting some hype. Its not fair to the other builders.
It has 61%?

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
For the maps that you expected to be added, have you downloaded these maps? I'm going to use Cloudy with a Chance of survival as an example. I've downloaded the map, and I've found out that the map is really all that great. Sure, it looks awesome in the pictures, trailers, and graphics, but down to the core, it's just not a good map.

The map committee takes their time to go through potential maps and see if they have that potential to be an SG map, which is a huge step compared to the community, who looks at the very nicely formed shader pictures and thinks "oooh ahhh." They've probably went through SG Venezia and such and agreed it's not all that.

The hate toward the Map Committee is really unneeded, and even more so illogical.

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
For the maps that you expected to be added, have you downloaded these maps? I'm going to use Cloudy with a Chance of survival as an example. I've downloaded the map, and I've found out that the map is really all that great. Sure, it looks awesome in the pictures, trailers, and graphics, but down to the core, it's just not a good map.

The map committee takes their time to go through potential maps and see if they have that potential to be an SG map, which is a huge step compared to the community, who looks at the very nicely formed shader pictures and thinks "oooh ahhh." They've probably went through SG Venezia and such and agreed it's not all that.

The hate toward the Map Committee is really unneeded, and even more so illogical.
I wouldn't call this hate at all. I'm not hating towards the Map Committee. This thread was made to explain to explain what I thought about the Map Committee and how I thought they could improve.

Even though I agree that lot's of people just vote because of shaders, maps like Boombeards had no community imput, was chosen just by the map committee and most people disliked it. I agree with you on Cloudy With a Chance of Survival, I actually voted "No" on the poll.
But just because I don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't. There were no shaders used in the pictures of that map and 81% voted Yes. Even if it isn't the best map ever, if the community likes it and it's played then I would call it a good map, even if the builds aren't "Amazing"

Thanks for replying to this thread though.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
I wouldn't call this hate at all. I'm not hating towards the Map Committee. This thread was made to explain to explain what I thought about the Map Committee and how I thought they could improve.

Even though I agree that lot's of people just vote because of shaders, maps like Boombeards had no community imput, was chosen just by the map committee and most people disliked it. I agree with you on Cloudy With a Chance of Survival, I actually voted "No" on the poll.
But just because I don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't. There were no shaders used in the pictures of that map and 81% voted Yes. Even if it isn't the best map ever, if the community likes it and it's played then I would call it a good map, even if the builds aren't "Amazing"

Thanks for replying to this thread though.
Just a quick input about Boombeards; that map actually had community input, just not from our community. It was made for MCSG during the PMC Survival Games contest, which MCSG and PMC co-hosted. So while most of the input was from PMC's community, it did have input.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Even though I agree that lot's of people just vote because of shaders, maps like Boombeards had no community imput, was chosen just by the map committee and most people disliked it.
Just a quick input about Boombeards; that map actually had community input, just not from our community. It was made for MCSG during the PMC Survival Games contest, which MCSG and PMC co-hosted. So while most of the input was from PMC's community, it did have input.
To add onto what BlueHeron said, we can't just generalize these forums as the only forums or part that counts. While nobody seems to realize, PMC still is part of our community c: Input from there is just as good as input from here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci