• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Maps & The Map Committee

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 50/50

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
The new map update had lot's of controversial changes.
They removed two popular maps, Wyverns Wake and Fortune Island instead of removing some of the least played maps, such as Destiny/s Shiver and Fallen Collisi.

In the recent update, I was expecting at least 1 Discovery Works map to be added, if not 2 and maps such as Waterfall resort/Underground Kingdoms, which all have high votes in their polls.

Instead, In the last 2 map updates, 3 maps by members of the map committee have been added, 3 from PMC, one map that had been removed because of lag, which it still has btw, and one map from a major build team outside MCG.
Lots of these maps I enjoy, but it seems like lot's of maps in the finished section are being ignored.
Maps added should be what the community want, if you look at polls, then it shows that the map committee aren't agreeing with the rest of the community.

Maps added:
  • Wind of Change 60% Yes
  • Ancient Japan N.A.
  • Breeze Island 2 N.A. (I thought they said no more breezes?)
  • Boombeards Battle N.A.
  • The Lobby Games N.A.
  • Forsaken Ascension N.A.
  • Fallen Haven 45% Yes (Practically Useless poll)
Potential maps to be added
  • SG Venezia (No poll but the most liked map with 99 likes)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Survival 82% Yes
  • Underground Kingdoms 88% Yes
  • Trophaem 82% Yes
  • Alluring Isle 86% yes
  • Waterfall Resort 86% yes
  • Zone 85 91% Yes
Now if you looked at those to lists of maps and thought, which one should we add, aI think the choice is obvious what the community wants.

I'm not saying the map committee is biased in any way towards their own maps, but it seems like they're not listening to the community. However, somehow, Team Apollo got on the Map Committee before any of their maps were added. How does that work?

I could also add that, even though apparently Fortune Island and Wyverns Wake apparently had viable reasons to be removed, you didn't see anyone complaining about the OP items, and the underplayed map. If no one's complaining, why change something?

Please note: I am not hating towards any map on the list. I like lots of the maps I just want the map committee to look more towards maps that the community wants.]

Edit #1: I agree that maps can't be added 100% on voting percentage but it's clear that they're not adding any map with a high "Yes" Percentage. The only two maps that have been added which have a poll, the "Yes" results are shockingly low. Is it a "coincidence" that these two maps were both by Red Forest?
As TheOfficialWils said:
The Map Committee was meant to improve the system by which maps are added to the servers but they have in fact made it worse; the previous system was far better than this as it didn't allow for so much bias.

Last edited:

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
They said the map update was rushed and that more would be added soon. There was a huge push for SG Japan to come back so thats why they added it.

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
They said the map update was rushed and that more would be added soon. There was a huge push for SG Japan to come back so thats why they added it.
On the non "Rushed" updates however, they added maps such as Boombeards Battle, which is now removed, Vida Cova which is now removed, and Fallen Haven which still doesn't work...

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
the more maps the better!! :)
I don't think that's the case, in my opinion. When the new maps came out I spent ages trying to get on a server with Ancient Japanon it, but because of all the maps, it took me ages to find one.

Of course, if there are lots of good maps, then that's good. But eventually there will just become way to many maps.

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think that's the case, in my opinion. When the new maps came out I spent ages trying to get on a server with Ancient Japanon it, but because of all the maps, it took me ages to find one.

Of course, if there are lots of good maps, then that's good. But eventually there will just become way to many maps.
i mean, if you go on the servers 75% of games are on the same maps, its very rare you get on some of the other maps, that are usually because they don't play well, so hopefully they add a few maps and then there are more maps in that 75%.
because in my opinion, they add more maps,they might be great,but if they play bad, by the time it gets to the next update just simply remove them, so all the maps are enjoyed maps

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I'm not opposed, new maps would be great. But I actually love the decisions they made. ACIENT JAPAN AKANEHDKABSJD. THAT WAS MY FAVORITE MAP FOR THE LONGEST TIME! And Breeze Island 2 removes water chases and gives us something else to play which a lot of us already knew pretty well.

Now for the removals:
Boombeards: Thank god it was removed. That map was water with random terraformed islands with too many chests. You might be saying, well that sounds great? NO. That whole map is either a mountain or water, there is nowhere to pvp well. That map was a disastor.

Fortune Island: Well, I hated it but a lot of people didn't. The Gameplay is similar to SG 3. That's why I didn't like it. It's a huge jungle with a couple land marks and an okay corn.

Wyverns wake: Now this one made me sadded. I don't think it was the comitee's choice though, I think the owner of the map requested it to be removed.

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, I'm not apposed, new maps would be great. But I actually love the decisions they made. ACIENT JAPAN AKANEHDKABSJD. THAT WAS MY FAVORITE MAP FOR THE LONGEST TIME! And Breeze Island 2 removes water chases and gives us something else to play which a lot of us already knew pretty well.

Now for the removals:
Boombeards: Thank god it was removed. That map was water with random terraformed islands with too many chests. You might be saying, well that sounds great? NO. That whole map is either a mountain or water, there is nowhere to pvp well. That map was a disastor.

Fortune Island: Well, I hated it but a lot of people didn't. The Gameplay is similar to SG 3. That's why I didn't like it. It's a huge jungle with a couple land marks and an okay corn.

Wyverns wake: Now this one made me sadded. I don't think it was the comitee's choice though, I think the owner of the map requested it to be removed.
they removed wyverns wake because the creator hid lots of things in the map, in the castle the floor was all furnaces, i found 64 enchantment bottles in one of them and supposedly there was a diamond sword somewhere. i think i read somewhere if he agrees to remove the items its going back on. (I THINK)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci