• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Old Client - Check thread

Like the Client?

• Yes!

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • No. - <- Comment with reason or Pm.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Its Beautiful.

Votes: 15 22.4%

• Total voters

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sneeze since you, you know made my skin, wanna make me a cape? :D
Something like your with a J and red :D
Haha sure, but it might take a while, I have around 6 skin requests atm. :3

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
could you might make a review how to install it, since i don't know how to install mods?

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
This is interesting...I don't want to ask too much of you right off the bat, especially since you are new to coding and stuff, but...

I think it'd be nice to include the server number in the GUI. I'm sometimes mid game and a teammate wants to watch me in it, but I need to stop moving to type /info to check it, so it's not good mid-combat, which is sometimes what they wanted to see.

Number of tributes left/timeleft until refill/deathmatch also sound like cool ideas.

You know what I just thought of? Something for the far, far future, but...what if you had a little map option, only accessible outside of the game, that allowed you to see an overhead, minimap like view of all the different maps? Then, allow a community portion to it where they are able to "draw" their chest route on it with a description/instructions and publish it, so that some chest routes can be known/become popular? I think that'd be awesome! :p (I know something like this likely wouldn't happen for a long time though, if ever. Just a little idea that came to mind...)

Oh, and another thing; (not sure how easy this is to do, probably not at all.) what if you had a little ding noise happen, or possibly have something appear on the in game GUI, that tells you when a highly ranked player is online in the server you are in?

I could keep suggesting things for it all day, but I guess I'll stop here for now... :p

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! Make some way for the MCSG servers to see the mods we have installed, or just disable anybody not using it from logging into the servers altogether. No more hackers! :D also I am more than willing to help with graphics/design if you need help.

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
This is interesting...I don't want to ask too much of you right off the bat, especially since you are new to coding and stuff, but...

I think it'd be nice to include the server number in the GUI. I'm sometimes mid game and a teammate wants to watch me in it, but I need to stop moving to type /info to check it, so it's not good mid-combat, which is sometimes what they wanted to see.

Number of tributes left/timeleft until refill/deathmatch also sound like cool ideas.

You know what I just thought of? Something for the far, far future, but...what if you had a little map option, only accessible outside of the game, that allowed you to see an overhead, minimap like view of all the different maps? Then, allow a community portion to it where they are able to "draw" their chest route on it with a description/instructions and publish it, so that some chest routes can be known/become popular? I think that'd be awesome! :p (I know something like this likely wouldn't happen for a long time though, if ever. Just a little idea that came to mind...)

Oh, and another thing; (not sure how easy this is to do, probably not at all.) what if you had a little ding noise happen, or possibly have something appear on the in game GUI, that tells you when a highly ranked player is online in the server you are in?

I could keep suggesting things for it all day, but I guess I'll stop here for now... :p
All great ideas, but the route thing would get spammed like crazy. And then there are those people like me who DON'T want people to take my route. Also how about instead of dinging for high ranked players, it ding'd when a player you've previously marked as a "friend" started to play on a server so you can know where your friends are without having to search their name on the leaderboards

G33ke

Reaction score
All great ideas, but the route thing would get spammed like crazy. And then there are those people like me who DON'T want people to take my route. Also how about instead of dinging for high ranked players, it ding'd when a player you've previously marked as a "friend" started to play on a server so you can know where your friends are without having to search their name on the leaderboards
Yeah, I can understand it being frustrating if everyone takes your route. It was just an idea, it can be changed or whatever if needed later.

And that too is a great idea - great for clans, or people who team with a lot of different people frequently. I'd still like a ding for highly ranked players too, as long as it can be turned on and off...
While we're at it too, add a different sounding ding for a separate list - enemies. Good to know when an enemy is online, incase they like to take your route or something, so that you can plan appropriately.

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, I can understand it being frustrating if everyone takes your route. It was just an idea, it can be changed or whatever if needed later.

And that too is a great idea - great for clans, or people who team with a lot of different people frequently. I'd still like a ding for highly ranked players too, as long as it can be turned on and off...
While we're at it too, add a different sounding ding for a separate list - enemies. Good to know when an enemy is online, incase they like to take your route or something, so that you can plan appropriately.
Not sure if this was implied but also have a small popup in the top left or something showing the user, the server he's in, and maybe their wins. Also maybe a ding for when friends win a game, something like a "User has won a game on map 4 in server US24".

G33ke

Reaction score
Also maybe a ding for when friends win a game, something like a "User has won a game on map 4 in server US24".
That alone would be amazing, but even better with all the other things you mentioned... I'd love to have something like that. :p

Something I'll mention now as well - I personally won't be using this client until more features are added. Right now, it doesn't add enough for me to want to take the time to install it, then possibly have problems with it later etc... I'll wait until it has more to it. Good luck though, I'm really curious how it will turn out in the end.

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
That alone would be amazing, but even better with all the other things you mentioned... I'd love to have something like that. :p

Something I'll mention now as well - I personally won't be using this client until more features are added. Right now, it doesn't add enough for me to want to take the time to install it, then possibly have problems with it later etc... I'll wait until it has more to it. Good luck though, I'm really curious how it will turn out in the end.
Yeah, nor will I. If these features were implemented, I'd definetly donate to the cause.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I am working on figuring out code to show server name and players left, I did post something on page one about that, but nice to know other people would like it. After this has been done I will try work on your other suggestions. I can't make a map thing because from what I read it is like minimap (not sure if read it right).

could you might make a review how to install it, since i don't know how to install mods?
I am currently sleep over a friends, maybe when I get back to my place I could make a video guide. Or someone else can if they really want to? I will add to credits if someone makes it :3

G33ke

Reaction score
I am working on figuring out code to show server name and players left, I did post something on page one about that, but nice to know other people would like it. After this has been done I will try work on your other suggestions. I can't make a map thing because from what I read it is like minimap (not sure if read it right).

I am currently sleep over a friends, maybe when I get back to my place I could make a video guide. Or someone else can if they really want to? I will add to credits if someone makes it :3
Not a minimap, just a map that looks kinda like a minimap, but is only accessible when not in game (Like texture packs. Without optifine, you can only open that from the main menu.)

When I said minimap, I just meant that it would look kinda like one, even though it doesn't function as one whatsoever. (since you can't access it in game, you cannot refer to it in game. I don't see why this would be a problem since you can download the maps anyway.)

A side note as well: Like I said, no need to rush these kinds of things, either. If you are still new to this stuff, that might be a bit much to tackle. Work on a few smaller things first (like the server number and stuff), it'll be better that way in the end. Start small, and slowly work your way up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci