• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Opinions on New Maps

Do you like the new maps

• Yes

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • Potato

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Treacherous Heights : 8/10
Love the corn and the mountain is so cool
I dont the flatness of the wilderness and lack of chests distributed in the wilds.
Gameplay can sometimes get boring

Moon base 9: 7.5/10
I love the main space station and the tunnels. And the darkness is cool.
Dislike the Terra forming and sometimes the buildings lack detail. And the terrain could've been made to look more moony.

Solar frost 2: 8/10
And improved version of solar frost... Which I never really liked. I guess I could see myself liking this one though.

Lost mine: 6/10
I think the tunnels where made using TNT , but other than that its a fairly decent map in terms of gameplay. I also love all the traps.

Didn't play any of the others and I obviously can't rate my own :p
Im gunna win on Rugged Lands with the Hobo STICK!

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
I like the new solar frost, but hey I'm somewhat biased due to the fact that I built the dragon...
I also really like the Hell games 5, It reminds me of Sg1, which I love too.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Fortune Island: Very fun, looks pretty good, decent gameplay. Nothing too amazing about it, but it's certainly much better than Breeze.
6.5/10

Treacherous Heights: Extremely fun gameplay. I love knocking people off of mountains! And there's a two freaking fireworks dispensers on this map! A while back me and my friends were trying to build a map quite similar to this, but we scrapped the project, so this map kind of gives me a tiny test of what ours may have been like. Only thing I dislike is the corn. Ugly and annoying for fighting teams.
7.5/10

Rugged Lands: I guess it's okay, but it's not something I'm going to jump out of my chair over every time it's on the voting list. I found myself getting lost a lot. I do like corn though, with the crafting table up on the very top. Allows you to craft without too many worries.
5/10

Lost Mine: Have not played.
N/A

Moonbase9: I love this. Might seem a little flat, but I don't mind that. The structures looks amazing, really gives the feel of a base in outer space. I also love the sky. Haven't gotten a win on it yet though, too many teams. :c
8/10

Solar Frost 2: Have not played.
N/A

Castle Dracula: Have not played.
N/A

HellGames: Have not played.
N/A

tpemrickjr

Platinum
Reaction score
I do really like the new maps, but i have not hottest to play on then much, I am probably going to download then to get chest routes

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Im not going to vote because I would be Biased since I worked on two of the new maps.. but I thought it would be cool to tally all the votes so far and see peoples general consensus on which they like the best (if someone picked one favourite I counted it as 10/10 and sorry if I accidentally missed someones vote!)

1/ Treacherous Heights :91 points
2/ Moonbase 9: 81.5 points
3/ Solar Frost 2: 52 points
4/ Rugged Lands 38.5 points
5/ Lost Mine: 25 points
6/ Fortune island: 24.5 points
7/ Snowkrill: 10 points
8/ Hell games: 9.5 points

(note these points are biased since people didnt give points to all maps, so some maps were mentioned alot while some e.g. snowkrill were only mentioned once) its cool to get a sort of tally of peoples opinions though :)

KickinJam

Tribute
Reaction score
I like Valleyside University, I just love how it feels like an actual campus. I don't mind the new solar frost. I haven't played rugged lands, but I would love too! I really liked moon base 9, but not treacherous heights because its too big. I think they are better then the old maps, with some exceptions like the survival games 4, breeze island, and teweran sg2.

Dunches

Tribute
Reaction score
I played fortune island for the first time and went down one of the water holes, by the huge lake. I had been there as a spectator so I knew where to go and what to do. But when I got there, the exit was blocked by a tiny hollow hole of dirt.. They had made parts of the hill, above the damn exit. So my friend got out with the help of me pushing, but I was stuck there.. I've also noticed a few of the other new maps with similiar mistakes and stuff. Really annoying that someone didn't actually bother checking the maps thoroughly before adding them to the servers.

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I haven't actually seen Snowkrill Island in the voting yet, so I can't say that. But I can say that there are way too many island in MCSG now. But out of the maps I've played, I must say that Lost Mine has seemed the most appealing to me.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Treacherous Heights: Haven't played.
Moonbase 9: 6/10 Haven't seen much of to judge higher
Solar Frost 2: 6/10 Not much changed, not too pretty as well.
Rugged Lands: Haven't played on. (The Regen Pot is way OP though..)
Lost Mine: Haven't played on. Probably fairly low because of God Apple..
Fortune Island: Haven't played on
Snowkrill Island:Haven't played.
Hell Games: Haven't played.
I haven't played in a while =P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci