• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition: More Australian servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Well, since I host a server now I really understand how expensive au hosting really is. I have also been a non donator for a good 6 months, and not once have I had trouble getting into a game, only times are when I want to join friends, other than that I'm fine.

In comparison yeah it might look like we need more au server but we really don't.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, since I host a server now I really understand how expensive au hosting really is. I have also been a non donator for a good 6 months, and not once have I had trouble getting into a game, only times are when I want to join friends, other than that I'm fine.

In comparison yeah it might look like we need more au server but we really don't.
To be fair, MCSG is MUCH larger than your server. They have much more money and can spend a lot more, Australian hosting is very expensive, however I believe MCSG can afford it. They have US and EU servers hardly touched, I honestly believe AU players could use those servers better than US and EU players are using them.

Also, you're just a ninja at joining. :'c

You can't be sure MCSG has a huge bugdet...

Anyway I sign
MCSG can afford a lot of servers.. They have a huge budget.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
There are more important tasks to me done at the present time, and to my knowledge, AU servers are pricey. I'm sure it will happen in the future, but probably after A: The Chest Update is done, B: TF2V2 is finished, and C: ZedChase is up and running.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There are more important tasks to me done at the present time, and to my knowledge, AU servers are pricey. I'm sure it will happen in the future, but probably after A: The Chest Update is done, B: TF2V2 is finished, and C: ZedChase is up and running.
Buying servers doesn't take a huge amount of time. (Money on the other hand, yes, but I believe MCSG is fairly wealthy..) Besides, did you read my thread? Chad even said we were getting more AU servers BEFORE the chest update. BEFORE a ton of people were complaining about MCTF2, and I do love ZedChase, but in a scale MCSG is much bigger and important than ZedChase, MCgamer makes the most off MCSG and should therefore consider it more before their other servers (I do not believe they should be ignored, but facing facts.. MCSG is more important)

HAZARD

Experienced
Reaction score
I hs3716 sign this petition for MCSG to add more servers in the Australian region.

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me were they got the information that AU servers are expensive to host, I'm quite positive MCSG hosts their servers with CubedHost, I'm not sure for MCSG but there all the same price and US and EU players should be thankful for all the servers they have.

"There are more important tasks to be done" not trying to be rude here but fixing the side things is more important than giving a the whole AU/NZ community more servers is not that important, If Chad doesn't want to get more AU servers shut down the AU hub save money there and give us 10 more servers, Usually when I go on US or EU the first 50-60 servers on weekends are full and on weekdays 20-25, I'm not trying to come off rude or anything but this is quite important.

https://cubedhost.org/minecraft#purchase information about servers .

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, we don't need anymore servers. I get into a game without any problems. Sure it would be great to have more servers, but we really don't need them.

During peak hours it may be a bit of a problem joining a server, but there is always one restarting shortly after the other. I have no donor privileges yet I have no issues entering any server. Also the AU community has a very low rate of donors and staff/special ranks so it is unlikely to get kicked.

Then there's the rest of the time, around 11PM AEST the servers struggle to fill maybe running 3 games at a time at some points (which is really low). During the morning it is really easy to join and you will only sometimes get a full server.

The main problem with AU I see at the moment is the daily crashes, however it's getting better bit by bit. Every day around 5PM AEST the hub and all the servers crash, which needs to be addressed before this.

Sure it'd be nice and all to have a few more but they aren't necessary

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I will still sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci