• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition: More Australian servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Buying servers doesn't take a huge amount of time. (Money on the other hand, yes, but I believe MCSG is fairly wealthy..) Besides, did you read my thread? Chad even said we were getting more AU servers BEFORE the chest update. BEFORE a ton of people were complaining about MCTF2, and I do love ZedChase, but in a scale MCSG is much bigger and important than ZedChase, MCgamer makes the most off MCSG and should therefore consider it more before their other servers (I do not believe they should be ignored, but facing facts.. MCSG is more important)
This statement reminds me of what happens on a certain rival server... We will increase the ammount of AU servers in the future, but we dont want to force everyone to just play MCSG, we want them to have a variety of gametypes that keep people interested in the servers and keep playing.

zipp303

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I, zipp303 sign this petition for MCSG to add more servers in the Australian region.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, we don't need anymore servers. I get into a game without any problems. Sure it would be great to have more servers, but we really don't need them.

During peak hours it may be a bit of a problem joining a server, but there is always one restarting shortly after the other. I have no donor privileges yet I have no issues entering any server. Also the AU community has a very low rate of donors and staff/special ranks so it is unlikely to get kicked.

Then there's the rest of the time, around 11PM AEST the servers struggle to fill maybe running 3 games at a time at some points (which is really low). During the morning it is really easy to join and you will only sometimes get a full server.

The main problem with AU I see at the moment is the daily crashes, however it's getting better bit by bit. Every day around 5PM AEST the hub and all the servers crash, which needs to be addressed before this.

Sure it'd be nice and all to have a few more but they aren't necessary

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I will still sign
I do agree it's quite easy to get in a server, no doubt. However there are always those players who aren't as good at joining games. I'm not asking for a huge number here (I never really specified) I had in mind around 10 extra servers? Your argument saying Australia has hardly many people on at 11 is true, being fair though.. Majority of the community is 10-13, most parents do have in place their children should go to bed much earlier. However, on weekends the servers are generally packed! With the coming of the holidays a lot more players will be looking for servers and trying to play MCSG.

Anyway, I really appreciate a reply like this, gives me something to do at 11:00 PM :p (Phones ftw)

This statement reminds me of what happens on a certain rival server... We will increase the ammount of AU servers in the future, but we dont want to force everyone to just play MCSG, we want them to have a variety of gametypes that keep people interested in the servers and keep playing.
If by certain rival server you mean the hive, they seem to be doing just fine.. I really have no interest in the hive, I have interest in MCSG and only MCSG as far as Minecraft goes.

Anyway, adding ~10 more AU servers will NOT "force" players to play MCSG. Adding in a couple of Australian servers isn't going to waste precious days coding, it won't really distract MCGamer from any other huge priorities. And just to mention... Australian MCtf2? Australian ZedChase? Australian survival? Nope, doesn't exist here on MCgamer. The only thing we can play on the AU servers IS MCSG. Your argument about not forcing us to play MCSG really lacks, the only thing we can play without lag is MCSG.

Can someone please tell me were they got the information that AU servers are expensive to host, I'm quite positive MCSG hosts their servers with CubedHost, I'm not sure for MCSG but there all the same price and US and EU players should be thankful for all the servers they have.

"There are more important tasks to be done" not trying to be rude here but fixing the side things is more important than giving a the whole AU/NZ community more servers is not that important, If Chad doesn't want to get more AU servers shut down the AU hub save money there and give us 10 more servers, Usually when I go on US or EU the first 50-60 servers on weekends are full and on weekdays 20-25, I'm not trying to come off rude or anything but this is quite important.

https://cubedhost.org/minecraft#purchase information about servers .

Well... Now no one can use the excuse Australia is to expensive. Even more of a reason to add AU servers :p

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Like Blake said above, I'm not sure that the extra servers are particularly beneficial. Unlike US, they are not nearly as packed and have only a small amount of donors. Also said above, the servers are only full at peak times-go on during the day and you struggle to find a server with enough people.

Now, another point: cost. AU servers, to put in perspective, its cheaper to buy a car (albeit a cheap one, but still). AU currently had only one server technically. AU 1-25 run from the same box in the datacentre, which is why we are able to have many. In V1, you may remember there were 10 servers. Then in the upgrade to v2, RAM usage decreased enabling the devs to fit more servers in one server box thing, thus increasing to 25 servers (+hub). However, as its being used fully now,it would require the purchase of another server thing. Which is expensaaaave. I was once told that AU alone almost costs more than the other regions put together.

So, if yes, there are more AU servers coming, then this wait is justified, as the logisics and cost make me shudder. As well as that, we are having problems with the existing servers, something which ought to be sorted out before the purchase of more servers that may do the same.

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
Like Blake said above, I'm not sure that the extra servers are particularly beneficial. Unlike US, they are not nearly as packed and have only a small amount of donors. Also said above, the servers are only full at peak times-go on during the day and you struggle to find a server with enough people.

Now, another point: cost. AU servers, to put in perspective, its cheaper to buy a car (albeit a cheap one, but still). AU currently had only one server technically. AU 1-25 run from the same box in the datacentre, which is why we are able to have many. In V1, you may remember there were 10 servers. Then in the upgrade to v2, RAM usage decreased enabling the devs to fit more servers in one server box thing, thus increasing to 25 servers (+hub). However, as its being used fully now,it would require the purchase of another server thing. Which is expensaaaave. I was once told that AU alone almost costs more than the other regions put together.

So, if yes, there are more AU servers coming, then this wait is justified, as the logisics and cost make me shudder. As well as that, we are having problems with the existing servers, something which ought to be sorted out before the purchase of more servers that may do the same.
Dat paragraph..

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score

To address your first point AU servers ARE packed on the weekends, and from 4-8ish on weekdays. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Australian holidays are coming up which will increase the player count substantially,

As to your second point:

https://cubedhost.org/minecraft#purchase

AU costs the same as US, not sure where the facts of it being insanely expensive came from, but judging from CubedHosts site it's wrong.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I, Zaex30/Zane sign this petition for MCSG to add more servers in the Australian region.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Well... Now no one can use the excuse Australia is to expensive. Even more of a reason to add AU servers :p
AU servers are hosted by something like AUGameHost or something along those lines. And its not just the server cost. Its the cost of the terrabytes of data huge servers like this require. I am sure you are familiar with data costs in Oz, they are not cheap.

I've seen some of the server and data bills, so yeah believe me I do know this stuff.

Dat paragraph..
Its 2am and I'm on my phone,paragraphing goes out the window. XP

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
AU servers are hosted by something like AUGameHost or something along those lines. And its not just the server cost. Its the cost of the terrabytes of data huge servers like this require. I am sure you are familiar with data costs in Oz, they are not cheap.

I've seen some of the server and data bills, so yeah believe me I do know this stuff.

Its 2am and I'm on my phone,paragraphing goes out the window. XP
Well for it being 2 AM and you're on your phone that's better than I'll ever do.. o:

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score
Sorry Darkrai but I disagree. We barely fill the servers as it is and more servers would just mean more money to pay for them and also probably less donators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci