• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Pinger" isn't a thing...

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
As most of you know MCSG and its players have a thing for making terms when they are annoyed or frustrated with the game. One of those terms is "Pinger", know buy MCSG definition a pinger is someone who has good ping, that's it. Often times people will call one another pingers because of a combo,double hit,getting a seemingly far ranged hit,etc. I am making to thread to prove that logic wrong, WITH FACTS!
Facts:
Fact 1: Ping is determined by how far away your computer/modem is from the host (Arizona)
Fact 2: Good Ping doesn't mean extra reach on opponents in melee
Fact 3: The only thing good ping does it give you less delay (When using the bow,fishing rod, opening chest, eating, etc)
Fact 4:You still need to be a good player ping or not, anyone can get a combo,or a double hit weather you have 10ms or 90ms (maybe higher)
Fact 5: Everyone is placed differently on the map/server for example the person with good ping would see players closer than people with bad ping, for those people people appear farther.
That is why it looks like that player is hitting from a farther range than you.
Hopefully this litte thread gave you a new look at The MCSG Term(s) Pinger
And remember, there are no excuses for losing.

Brndy

Platinum
Reaction score
If your ping is above 130 or so you'll ghost... makes a huge difference bud
Also users with higher ping will get the "stone sword glitch" much more than users with good ping.
Finally rodding and bow delay do effect pvp..., meaning that ping does indeed make a difference in combat.

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
As most of you know MCSG and its players have a thing for making terms when they are annoyed or frustrated with the game. One of those terms is "Pinger", know buy MCSG definition a pinger is someone who has good ping, that's it. Often times people will call one another pingers because of a combo,double hit,getting a seemingly far ranged hit,etc. I am making to thread to prove that logic wrong, WITH FACTS!
Facts:
Fact 1: Ping is determined by how far away your computer/modem is from the host (Arizona)
Fact 3: The only thing good ping does it give you less delay (When using the bow,fishing rod, opening chest, eating, etc)
Fact 4:You still need to be a good player ping or not, anyone can get a combo,or a double hit weather you have 10ms or 90ms (maybe higher)
Fact 5: Everyone is placed differently on the map/server for example the person with good ping would see players closer than people with bad ping, for those people people appear farther.
Yes people like me use to to annoy and piss off other players and "pingers" get amazing hits because they register them before anyone else can!

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
With high ping you are advantaged as your knockback is delayed thus your opponents rod will be very inaffective. With low ping you have an incredible advantage against opponents with 50-60+ ping than you. Ping does affect the game.

Quiet

Platinum
Reaction score
Omg, finally someone that understands.
There is another Huuuuuuge thing though, I play on AU MCSG, because thats where i have all my friends, and i just find it generally easier to win even though i live in Europe.

But; playing on AU makes people think i hack, and yes, you guessed it, its because of my ping. And as you said here;
I have 400ish ms to AU and i still get insane combos, because on my screen they are standing still and i get a lot of freehits on them, and they register for everyone else about 1- 2 seconds later, therefore it looks like i am hacking, cause my cursor is so far off their hitbox when it looks like i hit them, while on my screen i hit them about 1 second before. Ill include a little video where you can see this;

Skip this video to around 0:13 seconds, and you can see why i get called out for hacks a lot...

Edit;
DE5T1NY, bae, ping doesnt really affect the sword fighting part of the game, only roddelay, bowdelay and chestdelay (fooddelay), other than that its just like playing on EU for me when i am on AU ;);)

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
Edit;
DE5T1NY, bae, ping doesnt really affect the sword fighting part of the game, only roddelay, bowdelay and chestdelay (fooddelay), other than that its just like playing on EU for me when i am on AU ;);)
Ping has an impact on the game (visually) but skill overpowers ping any day of the week. Ping can make it easier to get combo's (as it visually puts you off less, as things happen on-screen closer to when you click your mouse etc) and as you said bow/rod delay is also another big thing.

Quiet

Platinum
Reaction score

Ping has an impact on the game (visually) but skill overpowers ping any day of the week. Ping can make it easier to get combo's (as it visually puts you off less, as things happen on-screen closer to when you click your mouse etc) and as you said bow/rod delay is also another big thing.
Ya, i dont use bow or rod on AU xP and i dont go for spawn haha

DuruFTW

Career
Reaction score
My internet is so fast so I have 200 pings for max hahahahaha you noobs (jk) I dont have any issues with my ping so i dont need these advises. But it will be useful to who has with ping. Thank you ;)

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
id like to recap, that the point of this thread isn't to show the actually effects ping had in game. The point was for people to stop using the term "pinger" as it is annoying and a lazy excuse for people who don't accept 1 loss.

But yes, ping does have a part in the game (that sounds like something Capt. Obvious would say).
Something i forgot to go over was the limits of "Bad ping".
Anything above 70 is when you will start to notice small delay in things like bows,looting chest,etc.
Technically speaking "good ping" is anything the user can get used to, and do well with.
"Better tech bets worse tech, but the skill beats the tech with grace"- Grand Elder MovieBuste

ZazaTomo

Tribute
Reaction score
Facts:
Basically all your facts are incorrect buddy

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
Well buddy, i have facts backing up about 90% of the things i typed.
So unless you have facts backing up why i am wrong, id be glad to read it.
Have a good day "Buddy"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci