• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Pinger" isn't a thing...

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
Actually that last part was wrong.
You still need to be a good player to execute combos and time hits, with good ping its just easier.
Good ping wont improve skill, but it doesn't make someone with good ping a bad player.

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
Noting i said was "ignorant or retarded", i was just giving facts that the statement (This guy is so bad hes all ping and no skill) is nothing but an excuse, oh and yes i would LOVE to see why this thread is "ignorant and retarded" btw if i was a rude guy, i could count the term "retarded" as abuse, because i take offense to that.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
If your ping is above 130 or so you'll ghost... makes a huge difference bud
Also users with higher ping will get the "stone sword glitch" much more than users with good ping.
Finally rodding and bow delay do effect pvp..., meaning that ping does indeed make a difference in combat.
LOL

--

Having better ping means you can hit people easier, but you can also be hit more.
Having worse ping means getting worse hits, but being hit much less.

I seriously don't get why people still accuse others for ping. It's basic mathematics, and I really don't understand why it's such a huge deal... I can play just fine with 1000ms on soup servers

For all of you who it "affects", it's likely the placebo effect

Also, I'd like you all to try something
W-tap or S-tap and you'll automatically have "good ping"
WOOOOAHHHHH!!!!! MIENCRAFT PVP SECRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
Well of course 1200ms is bad ping, that's a given.
What I was trying to get across was that the term "pinger" isnt a real thing, just an excuse.
O and I was thinking in reasonable ping (reasonable be anything less than 150) a 1200ms to 5ms is a disadvantage no matter how good you are.

Flipsoap

Platinum
Reaction score
Every reply to this thread saying it was false gave me aids. Props to you for spreading the facts!

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
Depends on the 2 players play style.
If its lets say Offensive player vs Defensive player (Offensive guy has good ping) the offensive person would win. Because the offensive guy will always be going for sword hits and because the defensive player (The defensive player has 120ms) is constantly ghosting and doing things an offensive person would do (turning around and using a secondary) the offensive player will be getting more hits.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Well of course 1200ms is bad ping, that's a given.
What I was trying to get across was that the term "pinger" isnt a real thing, just an excuse.
O and I was thinking in reasonable ping (reasonable be anything less than 150) a 1200ms to 5ms is a disadvantage no matter how good you are.
I've had 200-1500ms and killed people with 10ms before (thanks hotel wifi)
i also have a video of it:

Brndy

Platinum
Reaction score
LOL

--

Having better ping means you can hit people easier, but you can also be hit more.
Having worse ping means getting worse hits, but being hit much less.

I seriously don't get why people still accuse others for ping. It's basic mathematics, and I really don't understand why it's such a huge deal... I can play just fine with 1000ms on soup servers

For all of you who it "affects", it's likely the placebo effect

Also, I'd like you all to try something
W-tap or S-tap and you'll automatically have "good ping"
WOOOOAHHHHH!!!!! MIENCRAFT PVP SECRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you see me argue that ping gives people better hits? I said that worse ping gives you bow and rod delay, and also delay when looting items out of chests. I still don't get why people still reply to others flaming them when they're too lazy to even read one's post. A player with 120 ping will be at a disadvantage to a player with 20 ping in a bow fight, it's just something that everybody knows and deals with. s m h.

Reaction score
Having bad ping can be countered....

Clicking fast
Some people who get 200ms+ can still get good hits, take le quack for example, he can still wreck kids on AU with 200ms just because of his insane clicking speed. Some players like GengarHD and OGordon123 are able to get around their bad ping by clicking insanely fast.
Effective use of secondaries
If you can't find a way to continue using the sword then you will have to use all of the things to avoid it and play tactically.

I personally have found that when I have 80-100ms I get better hits than 20-40ms. This is due to MCGamer's NCP balancing ping to hits.

Ping can help a player but not make them into an instant god.

EvilMonkeyzHD

Career
Reaction score
If your ping is above 130 or so you'll ghost... makes a huge difference bud
Also users with higher ping will get the "stone sword glitch" much more than users with good ping.
Finally rodding and bow delay do effect pvp..., meaning that ping does indeed make a difference in combat.
brandy those things are so minimal though. Also I enjoy 100 ms because I take delayed KB along with my normal like 0 kb so that means i take delayed 0 kb easy easy money

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci