• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Plantations [Complete; Read Thread For Link]

Would you like to see this map on MCGamer?

• Yes

Votes: 75 83.3%
  • No(Please give a valid reason in the comments before blindly picking this)

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Looking back over the pictures, I see that there is no consistent theme. In one part of the map, you have a western-styled, market, whereas the theme is located in late 19th century Eastern USA, and then another part you have a very town-styled mansion, made out of a completely different block pallet and style, and then you have some very 17th century, large, medieval, ships.

It all looks very nice, but it's just way to random and off-theme. Pick a theme, a pallet, and use it through-out the build.
As the slave trade was illegal at the time, slave traders wouldn't have access to motorised ships and therefore relied upon older 1750's vessels to carry out the slave trading. The mansion belongs to the Mayor of the town, and as the owner of the plantations, likes to flaunt his wealth about, deciding to build an elaborate mansion using the finest carvings of stone. The variation (as KitMencha mentioned) shows the distribution of wealth throughout society, and the conditions under which slaves were forced to work.

About the terraforming, the map is only 65% complete, and we haven't started the fine detailing yet. We can't wait to show you the finished product - and thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated!

- FourthState
Guys, guys! This isn't history class! :p

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Definitely <3
You were better than PvP now then before.
Also you said you'd give me a 10$ rank for testing but you never did ;(
I don't remember that D:.

Getting a little of topic. Quick question for you all, what do you think we can do to improve the map and what would you like to see on it?

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I don't remember that D:.

Getting a little of topic. Quick question for you all, what do you think we can do to improve the map and what would you like to see on it?
A personal preference of mine: I am not a fan of multiple cornucopias. There is nothing wrong with 2; it is just my personal preference.

Also add more variation in your custom trees. They all seem to be oak and about the same size.

The train appears to be taller than the bridge as seem here, but it could just be the way the picture is positioned.

This is all the feedback I can think of atm based off the screenshots. :p

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
A personal preference of mine: I am not a fan of multiple cornucopias. There is nothing wrong with 2; it is just my personal preference.

Also add more variation in your custom trees. They all seem to be oak and about the same size.

The train appears to be taller than the bridge as seem here, but it could just be the way the picture is positioned.

This is all the feedback I can think of atm based off the screenshots. :p
Your feedback will be taken into account, thank you :).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci