• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PLEASE HELP

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
please help me at pvp i suck i've tried everything and full leather people still kill me it's getting really horrible because i can only win by bowspamming and it's not fun any more. i need to be able to get good at sword pvp. people jump and I get combo'd but if i jump i get combo'd anyway!!! it's stupid and i can't play with this 1.8 update, it's getting so bad i've had several thoughts about getting an autoclicker.

i die to people getting INSANE combos but i can't get any please help

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What is your FOV? On a scale of 1-10 how often do you use the fishing rod?

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's because on this server 30% of the people considered good autoclick and another .5% ghost client
Its a better ratio than other servers but its still eh

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
First of all, I would highly recommend that you do not use an autoclicker. In addition, have you thought about trying a PvP Practice server? Such as Badlion on the MCSG 1vs1 section, roxbot, or even the Battlegrounds on the MCGamer Network. I would probably go with the battlegrounds due to the 1.8 update.

In relation to your actual post, who said bow spam was a bad thing? Sure your opponents won't like it, but you're playing to win!

Another thing I used to do is I always used to jump when I was in a fight, even after the first hit, which is a bad idea unless you know what you're doing in your combo or whatever, but I would advise that after the first jump crit, you don't jump again, if you do then you might get stuck in the air meaning it's a lot easier for your opponent to get a double or even a triple hit on you.

Finally, practice with your secondaries, not just the bow, but the rod and flint&steel also. I must say that it's taken me a few months of playing to get used to using the rod. I used to think it was pointless, but it can be a life saver! Just practice and you'll be surprised at how much you'll improve! Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour!

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What is your FOV? On a scale of 1-10 how often do you use the fishing rod?
FOV 100, I normally try to keep rod use at 6 so I have more time to get crits in.
My biggest problem on 1.7 was knowing when to get crits. Now, my biggest problem is knowing how to kill another player without using FnS.
First of all, I would highly recommend that you do not use an autoclicker. In addition, have you thought about trying a PvP Practice server? Such as Badlion on the MCSG 1vs1 section, roxbot, or even the Battlegrounds on the MCGamer Network. I would probably go with the battlegrounds due to the 1.8 update.

In relation to your actual post, who said bow spam was a bad thing? Sure your opponents won't like it, but you're playing to win!

Another thing I used to do is I always used to jump when I was in a fight, even after the first hit, which is a bad idea unless you know what you're doing in your combo or whatever, but I would advise that after the first jump crit, you don't jump again, if you do then you might get stuck in the air meaning it's a lot easier for your opponent to get a double or even a triple hit on you.

Finally, practice with your secondaries, not just the bow, but the rod and flint&steel also. I must say that it's taken me a few months of playing to get used to using the rod. I used to think it was pointless, but it can be a life saver!
PvP practice. Since Badlion uses such a different NCP, I don't feel like practicing there would be as good as practicing with MCSG NCP. Battlegrounds has this, but the gamemode has been broken for the past 3 days, and I don't think the devs even know. I have even went as far as filing a GitHub report on how the gamemode is totally broken, but to no avail.

Whatever. Battlegrounds has had nothing but glitches since 1.8 came, all of which have been ignored.
For example:
-PvP in the lobby
-disguise invisibility
-total breakdown

It's very frustrating, because I don't think any donators can join without being invis. Even if they're undisguised. This results in endless hackusations and spamming the donor to leave.

Bowspam may not be such a bad thing, but I hate being someone who has to rely on it to get kills. If I did a no secondary challenge,
I would probably break my screen :|

I am fine with FnS, I land about 3/5 of my arrows. But rods... that's something that affects combos, and I still don't understand how to get a sword combo. My main focus is getting better at sword and rod combo techniques.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
You're Katniss. Keep it up.
If you want to practice pvp , you cab do it on my own server. Just message me :)

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
FOV 100, I normally try to keep rod use at 6 so I have more time to get crits in.
My biggest problem on 1.7 was knowing when to get crits. Now, my biggest problem is knowing how to kill another player without using FnS.

PvP practice. Since Badlion uses such a different NCP, I don't feel like practicing there would be as good as practicing with MCSG NCP. Battlegrounds has this, but the gamemode has been broken for the past 3 days, and I don't think the devs even know. I have even went as far as filing a GitHub report on how the gamemode is totally broken, but to no avail.

Whatever. Battlegrounds has had nothing but glitches since 1.8 came, all of which have been ignored.
For example:
-PvP in the lobby
-disguise invisibility
-total breakdown

It's very frustrating, because I don't think any donators can join without being invis. Even if they're undisguised. This results in endless hackusations and spamming the donor to leave.

Bowspam may not be such a bad thing, but I hate being someone who has to rely on it to get kills. If I did a no secondary challenge,
I would probably break my screen :|

I am fine with FnS, I land about 3/5 of my arrows. But rods... that's something that affects combos, and I still don't understand how to get a sword combo. My main focus is getting better at sword and rod combo techniques.
Then you know what to focus on, just keep trying at MCSG and use the rod, I thought a while ago that the rod was pointless. But now? It's completely different when you know when to use it, and how to use it. Just keep going with it, practice makes perfect!

Once you know how to use it well enough, you can make some good combos, even ones as simple as doing a fishing rod hit, then a double hit with your sword, if the rod is executed correctly, then 9/10 you will get the double hit. Heck i've had times where i've got a four hit sword combo on a guy!

But once you can use it well enough you can even make your own combos. One i've been using lately is where I fishing rod and get a double sword hit, then just before they hit the ground, I flint and steel underneath them to get them on fire and then go after them. Good Luck!

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've tried changing my FOV, and my rod aim is getting better. One question though: do rods do damage now? I think I've killed people without getting the last sword hit. Maybe I'm boosting them into the air? Not likely, but just a theory.

But I'm still very bad. I don't understand what matters in 1.8, because strafing and rod have become less effective. Is it just clicking fast? No idea.

Reaction score
I've tried changing my FOV, and my rod aim is getting better. One question though: do rods do damage now? I think I've killed people without getting the last sword hit. Maybe I'm boosting them into the air? Not likely, but just a theory.

But I'm still very bad. I don't understand what matters in 1.8, because strafing and rod have become less effective. Is it just clicking fast? No idea.
As far as I know, rods don't do damage. :p

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well PvP isn't all about sword and rod. If you're good with the bow and FnS use that to your advantage. Play defensively, don't rush into fights and don't psyche yourself out. I've psyched myself into thinking I won't do well and I'll end up doing right awful. A positive mindset and dedication is the easiest way to improve.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So when should I rod? 5 blocks away? 4? 3? 2?
I'm not really consistent on when I use the rod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci