• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PLEASE HELP

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
So when should I rod? 5 blocks away? 4? 3? 2?
I'm not really consistent on when I use the rod.
It depends on how fast you're moving. If you're both sprint-jumping straight at each other, then 8-10 blocks away is good. One of you sprint-jumping and one sprinting, 6-7. Both sprinting, 5-6. One sprinting, one walking; about 4, both walking; 3, and one walking and one sprint-jumping; 5-6.

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
I would not say I am the best at PvP, but my tips to you are the following:

Plan your kills, especially if someone is chasing after you. If you can, find a choke point and go from there.

As far as the fishing pole technique and when to use it, I normally use it first and then start attacking. I also find that if someone is getting a combo on you, I use the fishing pole to break it. I also find myself particularly good with the fishing pole in water fights. It allows for many combos, so if I can, I try and bring people to water.

Basically, all you can do is notice your strengths and use them to your advantage.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its not working i just get r3kt every time i even die to nooby teams

K

KiDD

Don't give up or give in. Learn to adapt to the PvP. Don't make anything more technical than it has to be. Develop strategies that best assist and conform to your style, if you have one.

Practice, practice, practice. Definitely practice.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
| |
I am that close to hacking. I have gotten to the point where I hate MCSG's NCP with a burning passion. I can't PvP at all. My aim sucks, I can't strafe, and I miss 9.9/10 of my shots, bow or sword. I desperately need help, I suck so bad.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
If you can win by bow spam, win by bow spam! There's nothing wrong with using what you're good at to your advantage.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
One word of advice - practise.

Step by step, little by little, block by block.

Start with the sword. Clicking quickly, changing from food to sword and vice versa. Now that block hitting is gone, it is more of an advantage to get the first hit in. Getting the first hit means that your opponent is knocked back, and you can land a second/third/fourth hit before they even get one in. Practice strafing and crit hitting on mobs such as zombies, skeletons and spiders. Once you feel confident, move on to sword-only PVP on some servers, or practise with a friend.

Next, you practise the FnS. Switching from sword to FnS is important as FnS can do an extra 2 1/2 hearts of damage. Practise quick turning, combined with crit hitting and strafing and you will be well on your way.

Fishing rod is a little more difficult. Try to hit the player as they jump, or if they are behind an obstacle. Try to use it so that they stay out of range, and can't reach you. In order to give damage, they will need to use a bow, which will give you a chance to heal. Also remember to use the environment to gain an advantage; for example, if you are near lava, try knocking them back into it, or off a cliff, or down a hole etc.

Bow is a little more simple. Just aim at the spot where your opponent is running. Bowing takes practise, but you sound fairly good at it. Practice on small targets such as bats or chickens, or villagers in minecarts from far away.

Remeber to use your best skills to your advantage - if you are a good bow spammer, get the high ground. If you like water PVP, fight in an ocean. If you like melee, fight in an enclosed space. Don't worry if you suck at fishing rods - you can kill people without them.

TL:DR? Practice individual skills little by little and you will soon become a master PVPer. :D

Joooooooooooo

Spectator
Reaction score
dude just take a short break. Trust me. Practice is one thing, but it's good to chill for a bit. I often get in your situation, and I just put my mind too much on it. It's good to egress your mind off of these things. You don't have to quit or anything.
Believe it or not, everyone has their own unique play style from anyone else. Find yours. Tips and tricks made by other people may help, but most of your skills are based on your thinking. Find you own strats. Maybe use a few of the game's flaws ;)
A good place to start in my opinion is range. Know the range of your weapon wether its sword, bow, rod, or whatever. That will help you get your first hit, especially with your sword. Or you can combo.
Good Luck.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
im still pretty bad. i play fine on badlion, but on mcsg, people just get 6 hit combos on me.

it sucks because before 1.8 i was good. now i die for reasons i can't understand. i strafe okay, and my aim isn't bad, but people just rod be once and start knocking me back so fast. before i know what to do, i am stuck in a combo, and i can't do a thing.

does it have something to do with jumping? even if i don't jump, i still die commonly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci