• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PLEASE HELP

Joooooooooooo

Spectator
Reaction score
im still pretty bad. i play fine on badlion, but on mcsg, people just get 6 hit combos on me.

it sucks because before 1.8 i was good. now i die for reasons i can't understand. i strafe okay, and my aim isn't bad, but people just rod be once and start knocking me back so fast. before i know what to do, i am stuck in a combo, and i can't do a thing.

does it have something to do with jumping? even if i don't jump, i still die commonly.
It does have to do with jumping. When you jump and the opponent hits you while ur in the air, u will be stuck in the air and you will get combod
I can relate to you regarding the 1.8 changes. (Probably why I don't really pvp much anymore). I guess I should say to time your jumps. Jump and make sure you hit at the perfect range when you land to maybe get that first crit after your rod.
I do believe that a crit applies a slightly greater knockback force than a normal hit. This can be a good follow-up after your rod stun for the range. Combos, if you notice, takes place when a player can hit the opponent at the maximum range possible with the sword where the opponent cant hit the player.
Not jumping when engaging? I can probably say that this is when you should rely on the rod. I personally dont jump a lot, and i go for the hits. Not that its the best thing to do. all on preference. :p
I want to point out that a rod stun can be perfectly executed when you hit the player with the sword quickly after you use the rod. There is no point if you just use the rod on the opponent and engage with the sword after the player is on the ground and able to move again. It's better for sure if you can hit the opponent while he/she is of the ground after the stun for the combo. Or as an alternative, you can just use the rod to give that slight knockback that will give you the range that would give you a chance to hit first.
If you get combo'd, use the fishing rod to hit the opponent back. In most cases, it's good to fall back after that because that combo probably hurt you bad already. But if you escaped from that combo when you knew it was coming, you can probably get the combo back at em' after the rod hit.
And when in combat, try not to walk back. You're giving the opponent the range so that you can get combo'd. Easily. Unless If you use the rod to knock the opponent back while youre walking back. Maybe when youre walking back, you can fit in a sword hit before the rod.
What I like to to is when me and an opponent first engage and by some means hit each other at the same time causing both of us to get knocked back, I fall back for a little bit and try the procedure again. Always try to get that first hit.
Last thing, I don't care what people say, but ping overall DOES HAVE AN EFFECT on your gameplay. That's when you have to think and play ahead of the game. Ping is scary. Because once ur used to that 120 ping, ur gonna have to get used to the low 30 ping if you had to. All about timing ;)
These are just based on my experiences. Remember, only u can make urself better. Try different things.

You also did mention you were fairly well at the bow. Range is en excellent advantage. If that's ur thing, try using the bow more and less close quarter.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It does have to do with jumping. When you jump and the opponent hits you while ur in the air, u will be stuck in the air and you will get combod
I can relate to you regarding the 1.8 changes. (Probably why I don't really pvp much anymore). I guess I should say to time your jumps. Jump and make sure you hit at the perfect range when you land to maybe get that first crit after your rod.
I do believe that a crit applies a slightly greater knockback force than a normal hit. This can be a good follow-up after your rod stun for the range. Combos, if you notice, takes place when a player can hit the opponent at the maximum range possible with the sword where the opponent cant hit the player.
Not jumping when engaging? I can probably say that this is when you should rely on the rod. I personally dont jump a lot, and i go for the hits. Not that its the best thing to do. all on preference. :p
I want to point out that a rod stun can be perfectly executed when you hit the player with the sword quickly after you use the rod. There is no point if you just use the rod on the opponent and engage with the sword after the player is on the ground and able to move again. It's better for sure if you can hit the opponent while he/she is of the ground after the stun for the combo. Or as an alternative, you can just use the rod to give that slight knockback that will give you the range that would give you a chance to hit first.
If you get combo'd, use the fishing rod to hit the opponent back. In most cases, it's good to fall back after that because that combo probably hurt you bad already. But if you escaped from that combo when you knew it was coming, you can probably get the combo back at em' after the rod hit.
And when in combat, try not to walk back. You're giving the opponent the range so that you can get combo'd. Easily. Unless If you use the rod to knock the opponent back while youre walking back. Maybe when youre walking back, you can fit in a sword hit before the rod.
What I like to to is when me and an opponent first engage and by some means hit each other at the same time causing both of us to get knocked back, I fall back for a little bit and try the procedure again. Always try to get that first hit.
Last thing, I don't care what people say, but ping overall DOES HAVE AN EFFECT on your gameplay. That's when you have to think and play ahead of the game. Ping is scary. Because once ur used to that 120 ping, ur gonna have to get used to the low 30 ping if you had to. All about timing ;)
These are just based on my experiences. Remember, only u can make urself better. Try different things.

You also did mention you were fairly well at the bow. Range is en excellent advantage. If that's ur thing, try using the bow more and less close quarter.
Thanks for all the tips!

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
If you have ping then don't bother rodding, if you don't have ping then rod, if you're not good at rodding then strafe, don't desperately always try to FnS, I had a problem where I always went for an FnS and then got a hit a few times every time I tried to do it, so don't bother with that, also bow is simply practice, I've been playing for long time now and I still can't land longshots, only bowspam. Also if you're willing to play defensive and simply win games. (Probably not have as much fun) Then simply don't fight a fight that you could possibly die in.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
well every time i have played in the past 2 weeks, i have died to bullcrap. when I leave the server, I'm usually screaming. it's getting to the point where i hate this game so much. but I don't want to leave. I have a lot of friends that play this, and the forums are the only thing keeping me going

i absolutely suck at sword, am half decent with the bow, and have no idea how to use the rod in 1.8. fns is okay, but i can't win if i suck at using the primary weapon.

help. i am to the point where i want to download hacks, even though i hate them so much.

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
well every time i have played in the past 2 weeks, i have died to bullcrap. when I leave the server, I'm usually screaming. it's getting to the point where i hate this game so much. but I don't want to leave. I have a lot of friends that play this, and the forums are the only thing keeping me going

i absolutely suck at sword, am half decent with the bow, and have no idea how to use the rod in 1.8. fns is okay, but i can't win if i suck at using the primary weapon.

help. i am to the point where i want to download hacks, even though i hate them so much.
Just practice. xD. It's only a game anyway. And just warmup on like badlion to practice before you play MCSG.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
One question: how do combos work? What FOV is best for them? Do you have to jitter click? What's the best crosshair? And how do I stop talking 50 blocks of knockback?

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
One question: how do combos work? What FOV is best for them? Do you have to jitter click? What's the best crosshair? And how do I stop talking 50 blocks of knockback?
1. For basic purposes, combos are caused when a player is in a position in which he can hit his oppenent while his opponent cannot hit him back. This is most commonly achieved through the use of the fishing rod.
2. FOV truly doesn't impact anything; it's just what you're used to.
3. Clicking fast does extremely help with combos, yes.
4. Similar to FOV, crosshairs don't impact anything, gameplay wise.
5. A basic method of reducing knockback is simply not jumping. In fact, I wouldn't recommend jumping at all in a 1.8 fight.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok, I actually won a battlegrounds today, but then I played 5 sg games and died in EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Is there something wrong with BG's NCP? It's not flint and steel that I die to, it's just people that are somehow better players. But I'm trying as hard as I can, and I can barely kill someone in full gold, even if I have full iron and an iron sword.

ilovepuffles111

Spectator
Reaction score
The thing that I normally do before playing some SG is by playing some battlegrounds, its good to warm up and get ready to fight. And regarding dieing in alot of SG's it normal. I have won 4 and played 273 SG matches (thats what my stats tell me). Just keep practising. P.S Where your things in your hotbar could also make like 3% importance (what I believe). I normally keep my bow in the first slot then sword then rod, gapple then FnS (I dont use it that much). Anyways hope that helps and keep practising

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok, I'm decent now, but can someone please explain how to reduce my knockback and increase the other player's?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
NOTHING IS FREAKING WORKING
HELP
I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE
I JUST DIE NO MATTER WHAT
IT'S ALL CRAP
I'M THE BETTER PVPER, BUT THIS NCP SUCKS SO BADLY I CAN'T WIN A FREAKING GAME

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Welp I'm on a 33 game losing streak. If anyone can teach me how to use the sword, please do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci