• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pray for Boston

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Yea like around the same time a huge wedding in Afghanistan was bombed and 20+ people died, but everyone is freaking over 3 deaths in USA. We should take a moment to think about all the people struggling in the world. Whether it is death, or just losing a job or losing your home.
Don't attack me for this, but this is because war has been going on in Afghanistan for a long time. People are used to hearing about bombs, attacks and death from there. It's not like that in the US at all. People believe they are safe, and when something like this happens, especially at a big event, it's going to be huge. People have the impression that this is just a small community-run marathon...

There was also a lot more damage done than 3 deaths. It was also about 130 people injured, I believe? I've seen pictures of people with their legs blown off and more.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Don't attack me for this, but this is because war has been going on in Afghanistan for a long time. People are used to hearing about bombs, attacks and death from there. It's not like that in the US at all. People believe they are safe, and when something like this happens, especially at a big event, it's going to be huge. People have the impression that this is just a small community-run marathon...

There was also a lot more damage done than 3 deaths. It was also about 130 people injured, I believe? I've seen pictures of people with their legs blown off and more.
A better version of my explanation.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I feel very sorry for what happened in boston and those affected by it... but I must agree on what others have pointed, when stuff like this happen in the US its the end of the world, but when it happens almost anywere else (exept probably popular parts of Europe) it hardly gets noticed. For example... In my country theres been a large ammount of floods (much more than what we usually have) and people have lost literally everything they had (including people died too), but I bet none of you knew that :(

I would suggest do more of #Prayforthosewhoaresuffering

(even if its too long :p)

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was actually going to point this out earlier - if something like this happens outside of the United States, it's not a big deal. Within the states, the world's ending.
Not bad/good either way, but yeah...

haha I just got back from Steak n' Shake when I saw it on TV.
If someone happens inside Norway, it is even more the world's ending for most of us.
This is because of something like this never happening. One time someone killed lots of people, around 80, also he bombed some place like the day before. That was almost the only thing that was on the news the next year. Only the fact that it WAS on the news the whole next year was big.

Snooked

Experienced
Reaction score
We pray for the people in the run and hope they are alright.
Amen

JaysWing

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really dislike that when someone says, "Pray for Boston," there's some guy that pops up and says, "Well, what if I'm an atheist?"

Really? There was a bomb and a lot of people suffered from it, and you're still arguing about religion? When something like this happens, people shouldn't be divided like the way they are everyday. It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, white or black, atheist or Christian. This is a time of mourning for the families that suffered on that day. For once, put aside your differences and mourn in unity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci