• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Project - New Foundations

Do you think this is a good idea that you think should be put to work?

• No, this won't work out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can someone show me how the forums work?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Before I get yelled at by 5 different people telling me this belongs in ____ section because the word 'Project' is in the title, this is not project page, at least not yet. I'm not sure if I am going to start an entire project for this idea and recruit people yet, I'm just getting my idea out there, which I thought of about an hour ago.

So say you're 7 minutes into a game of Survival Games, and you are on your chest route, already clanging away in chair or iron, and you spot a player picking away at some tier 1 chest in a tree, donning some leather armor and not much else covering their Steve skin. Now before you kill him, you decide to /record him to see how many points you'll be getting.

See this. What do?

Game Rank: #75411
Games (Round/Total): 0/52
Kills (Round/Total): 1/5
Chests (Round/Total): 5/21
Lifespan (Round/Total): 20:14 / 4h29m44s

"Alright, 5 points when I kill him, not really too much. If he run, I'll let him go and just get back to my chest route."
You lunge at him and give him a whack with your stone sword, and he runs off. Normally. No jumping, just slow running. You Jump-run to him and finish him off. Congratulations: you are now the proud owner of a leather tunic, 5 points, and the blood of the noob on your hands. At one point, all of us were that noob, having no idea what or how except memories from the Hunger Games movie, which were of little to no help, just playing this for the fun. We didn't know tricks like running jump, what to have in the inventory, how to PvP, how useful the FnS is, what chests are good and which are average, and would occasionally starve.
What this player needs is a tutorial. If only there were someone in the beginning who'd shown us the ropes.
So where I'm going with this project is if you see a newer player in the lobby whose stats/chat show they aren't doing too hot, offer to team with them (or if this becomes an actual project, offer them a New Foundations team and explain this is going to be a tutorial). Now you probably want to do this over Skype as you will have a lot to explain and there's no way you can type everything out without getting killed mid message. Take this player along with you on your journey. Teach them your ways: what chests you go for, tier differences, what to do at spawn, where to go and not to go, how to use some items contrary to what Notch intended them to be used for (like fishing rods), what to do when under siege, etc. Explain to them features in the game like Deathmatch and chest restocks. Guard this player as well as yourself. Make it to deathmatch and teach them what to do. If you can allow yourself to, let them win the match, but still put up a slight fight to challenge them. Explain what hub is.
These are just some of the many things that a new player needs to learn, and this project aims to recruit experienced players to help out those in need of assistance.
Afterwards, ask them what they thought of the tour and if they have lingering questions. If both of you are in the mood, play another game with them.
I know there are some experienced players out there who do this already, and this post is an attempt to implore more people to help out the community.
I suggest you try this out (in kinda of a beta for the project) and comment whether you think this is effective and useful.
So what do you think? Leave replies to this post with questions, amendments, or feedback.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First! Great idea man! I like to do it too sometimes. But I also really enjoy the feeling of destroying someone utterly xD. But one time I was trying to help a noob in deathwatch, and he flint n steeled me as I was throwing him armor, then killed me xD

Reaction score
First! Great idea man! I like to do it too sometimes. But I also really enjoy the feeling of destroying someone utterly xD. But one time I was trying to help a noob in deathwatch, and he flint n steeled me as I was throwing him armor, then killed me xD
One time at deathmatch, it was just me and the noob so I tossed him iron armor and a diamond sword, and he thought I was trying to team with him and was giving me arrows.
Eventually though I explained to him that I was evening the playing field, but still won.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
I'm only in the top 17,000 but I do this with people who are in 40,000-50,000 ish and people in top 10,000 do it with me. It's a nice cycle :)

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm only in the top 17,000 but I do this with people who are in 40,000-50,000 ish and people in top 10,000 do it with me. It's a nice cycle :)
I do it with anyone who looks relatively nooby.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Whatever you say
By nooby I mean leather armour, crappy weapon, no gold apples, no bow. Basically under prepared. I much rather winning deathmatch after a good fight than destroying someone.

Reaction score
By nooby I mean leather armour, crappy weapon, no gold apples, no bow. Basically under prepared. I much rather winning deathmatch after a good fight than destroying someone.
An experienced player may also have such items, simply because all the tier 2's were already taken. Nonetheless, giving the noob some armor, though making it more fun for you, ultimately does not help the noob out. They learn nothing from being thrown items, and the point of this project is to give survival skill to those who lack them.
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" - Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
An experienced player may also have such items, simply because all the tier 2's were already taken. Nonetheless, giving the noob some armor, though making it more fun for you, ultimately does not help the noob out. They learn nothing from being thrown items, and the point of this project is to give survival skill to those who lack them.
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" - Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie
Well, this is a different situation. I can hardly teach him about MCSG in a 3 minute deathmatch can I?

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
No gold apples? They're going o be in tier 3's soon so in your eyes pretty much everyone will be nooby :eek:

Just messing with ya, I gets your point :cool:

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No gold apples? They're going o be in tier 3's soon so in your eyes pretty much everyone will be nooby :eek:

Just messing with ya, I gets your point :cool:
Tier 3's soon so everone will be nooby? I think you got confuzzled there.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Tier 3's soon so everone will be nooby? I think you got confuzzled there.
Lemme break it down :). You said a couple of posts up;

Then I returned in saying that;
No gold apples? They're going to be in tier 3's soon so in your eyes pretty much everyone will be nooby o_O
And tier 3's are going to be very rare so hardly anyone will have gold apples and you said people who don't have gold apples are nooby so I made a joke saying that you will think everyone will be nooby once tier 3's come out

Get it now? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci