• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quarter Quell leaderboards reset and news about the Diamond giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenhero

Spectator
Reaction score
There is still empty areas, i think spikes is a good idea... You will only choose disaster ideas? Not map ideas or fixing disasters... Fog sux in game... My idea (up) could be awesome as fog
Edit: Fire disaster is cool. If you add fog, do not delete fires. Put it as another disaster...

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
So if more people said tnt rain also they would have won? What a joke lol first person who said tnt rain should have won it.

Also shouldn't moderators not be allowed to win? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
So if more people said tnt rain also they would have won? What a joke lol first person who said tnt rain should have won it.
No, the first person who said TNT rain won, and that was Virtual. SpaghettiSquid also won for providing the idea of explosion physics - as in, when the TNT caused by said TNT rain explodes, the blocks that it explodes fly everywhere.

Also shouldn't moderators not be allowed to win? Lol
Why would we do that? The moderator in question gave their rank away to another person who didn't have any sort of donor.

Also, there's an "edit" button - please don't double post.

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
Why would we do that? The moderator in question gave their rank away to another person who didn't have any sort of donor.
Uh because don't they already have access to any lobby they want already? Donor would be useless to them. Most sites don't allow staff members to participate in site contests this is new to me I guess. Sorry

cbrown

Experienced
Reaction score
In that QQ leaderboards I was 1st for AU but in the new leaderboards I am 2nd inAU:(

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
There is still empty areas, i think spikes is a good idea... You will only choose disaster ideas? Not map ideas or fixing disasters... Fog sux in game... My idea (up) could be awesome as fog
Edit: Fire disaster is cool. If you add fog, do not delete fires. Put it as another disaster...
There are no empty areas, and fog is already ingame.
As a developer, my job is not to deal with maps. We needed 2 replacement disasters, so we got those through community contribution, and decided to add a giveaway just for fun.
"Fixing disasters" - the game is still in beta. The leaderboard reset did not signify the end of the beta period, simply signified that the game is stable enough to transition to a new leaderboard.

"Fog sux in game" - The fog is actually fog, not fire. 2:00-3:00 segment, if you're in it, is poisonous fog until you touch water, when the effects are removed (similar to the book and movie).

Uh because don't they already have access to any lobby they want already? Donor would be useless to them. Most sites don't allow staff members to participate in site contests this is new to me I guess. Sorry
Donor may be useless to them, but the gift keeps giving; I know of at least 2 of the 3 winners who have given their rank to someone else.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
I gave my rank to a friend, but I'm not sure if that makes it 3/3 or still 2/3 lol. Also, Forairan, it would be wonderful if you could reply to my questions on page six. The continuing development of my QQ map is dependent on it. If you have any questions, feel free to join mc.spaghettisquid.com and I can show you what I mean. I'll be on there for the next few hours. :) (You're whitelisted)

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Are we allowed to use:
  • Custom Entity/Mob Spawners - You could try, no guarantee that it'll work though.
  • The TNT in other situations - Not sure what you mean by this?
  • Spawners to create a "moving" deathmatch arena - No.
Other Questions:
  • Is the "forcefield" displayed in the Catching Fire QQ map capable of being an ellipse? (Instead of a circle) - Not at the moment, no.
  • Would it be possible to have the forcefield only spawn above certain blocks (then a round forcefield isn't required, and the border can be manipulated at ease) - Due to the way the clock segments work, no.
  • Do QQ Map makers have to incorporate all the disasters into their map (a full 12 segmented arena) or can we pick and choose. (Our map only has 8 segments, less would be boring, more would be would be insane - All 12 segments, since there's 12 parts to a clock.
  • Can we request all players and spectators be teleported to a certain location after the game has ended? (Like the teleport to deathmatch) (I would like them all teleported back to the corn right before the server cleanup (for a cool explosion :D) - Not at the moment, no, however once again possibly a feature for the future.
Other Comments/Questions:
  • Last week I made the water in my QQ/MCSG Map poisonous. (Meaning if you stepped in it, you'd get hit with a poison potion with a duration of 5 seconds) This used entity spawners to spawn a thrown potion. Then in the catching fire suggestions thread I saw over 20 suggestions of "toxic/poisionous water". While this wouldn't be a segment of the map, it would be super fun and also be responding to the wants of the people! xD I asked Tree_TheBigKind via private message if it would be allowed and he said that it's not in MCSG but he doesn't know about QQ. Hopefully it'll be allowed in both as it doesn't cause lag and looks swaggy as swag!
Thanks for your time,
-Spaghetti

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
TNT falling from the sky, definitely not laggy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci