• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quarter Quell leaderboards reset and news about the Diamond giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Viretine

Whether you want to believe it or not, the TNT rain actually doesn't cause lag. It has taken massive 250TNT explosions before I saw a significant FPS drop (about 25-60fps). The QQ TNT will explode differently than normal TNT and while it may seem like it would induce more lag than normal TNT, it actually creates less!

You'll see when it comes out. :)
-Spaghetti

Edit:

Congrats on being chosen! I can't wait to see what this looks like in-game!
It hurts. :/

Frozenhero

Spectator
Reaction score
Why you did not choose one of them? (Which writes TNT raşn first?) I think there were better ideas like Water problem, Earthquake, Hurting water, Hurting Cobweb (for fog) or special texture pack? Or I dont know there were better ideas...
However, gg! I do not think I fully understood the "new announcement" Hope best features win (Chose meh broo! :3)
Also I think you should add bloodrain! Maybe, with the special texture pack you can make a rain that looks like blood... There is a lot of false disasters (by the book), I mean, No fog, Monkeys doesn't look like monkeys, No bloodrain... I think you should think about that

FreddieMonstwcty

Survivor
Reaction score
Ugh, I hate being late for every single competition! ( Sorry If I spelt that wrongly)
Dont laugh at my stats... IGN - FreddieMonstwcty c:

Reaction score
Whether you want to believe it or not, the TNT rain actually doesn't cause lag. It has taken massive 250TNT explosions before I saw a significant FPS drop (about 25-60fps). The QQ TNT will explode differently than normal TNT and while it may seem like it would induce more lag than normal TNT, it actually creates less!

You'll see when it comes out. :)
-Spaghetti

Edit:

Congrats on being chosen! I can't wait to see what this looks like in-game!
When I read that "It doesn't cause lag" I was like "WUT?" lol. And congrats on diamond donor (I was going to say mod , as I got used to it..)

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
The amount of TNT is minimal enough so that it shouldn't cause client lag - 9 TNT is spawned around you roughly every 5 seconds. If we need to, more tuning will be done with it.

Also I think you should add bloodrain! Maybe, with the special texture pack you can make a rain that looks like blood... There is a lot of false disasters (by the book), I mean, No fog, Monkeys doesn't look like monkeys, No bloodrain... I think you should think about that
We already have fog (segment 2) and blood rain (segment 1), and you can't really make monkeys in Minecraft.
The book only specifies around 7 disasters, to which we had to find out how to implement into Minecraft; the rest were open to us.

Last edited:

Demcmd

Experienced
Reaction score
Sucks that my Hallucinations suggestion didn't go through, but I'm still proud that I made a good suggestion. Congrats to the winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci